Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,601 to 17,620 of 27,917

triforcepower73

The 21st can't come soon enough. Oh and that Final Destination looks SOOOO FREAKIN EPIC.

Edited on by triforcepower73

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Sir_Diabeetus

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

MEWTWO will be paid DLC later if you don't want both versions.

That's going to be the only DLC for Smash Bros?

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

LzWinky

Actually, Mewtwo should only be DLC for those who buy both versions. Just because I'm getting both anyway

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

SockoMario wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Except the Miis work better for this purpose since you collect fighters as you play the mode

Oh, so you collect fighters? Didn't know that...

At the end of each round, you fight with the fighters you collected as your "lives"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Mewtwo being in made the difference between a 10/10 direct and a 7/10 direct for me. That was fantastic. I'm glad to see nintendo turning around the formerly boxed cancer that was the wii u into a great system. I think the amiibo is a perfect innovative technology for this gen too, and will be picking up at least a dozen figures if not much more.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

JunkosBoobies

The direct was amazing. I think we can agree that Mewtwo was what really made it though. Can't wait to see some actual footage/screenshots of him in HD!

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

LzWinky

Yellowtails wrote:

8 player smash will be great, but no online for it is another wasted opportunity. While on the online topic, I'm disappointed they pulled a Mario Kart 8 and disable voice chat during matches. I also think the Masterpieces are a waste of space.
Mewtwo coming back is awesome,(hopefully more characters are coming) the stage builder looks way better than Brawl. More multiplayer modes is good, although I think they should have 3 or 4 player specific events. Smash Tour looks interesting, but I'll have to play it to confirm that.
Overall, this Direct, or stream, was great with some disappointments.

Do you REALLY think online will work with those 2 things? You must really want laggier online

2Sang

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo realizes this will be the saving grace of a video game for Wii U, and that's why so much effort has put into it. If Super Smash Bros. doesn't sell Wii U, then nothing will. I really hope Wii U can bounce back with this game, as this game is truly utilizing its capabilities.

Certainly beats new super mario bros version 79. I can see this becoming a more and more popular party game, sure there may be some competitive parts, but having 8 players makes it much more feasible for a party rather than 4 players.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

Blast

NintyMan wrote:

Nintendo realizes this will be the saving grace of a video game for Wii U, and that's why so much effort has put into it. If Super Smash Bros. doesn't sell Wii U, then nothing will. I really hope Wii U can bounce back with this game, as this game is truly utilizing its capabilities.

Agreed fully and this game deserves very high sales too. This 1st party game outshines sooo many other games. I hope the Wii U haters are crying and feeling stupid because Smash Wii U is another 10/10 game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

At this point, the Wii U has no saving grace. The bias is too strong

mystman12

Welp, that Direct was pretty great! (No City Trial Plus though! ) I was hoping for a Tropical Freeze stage, but hopefully we'll still get some music from Tropical Freeze, and I would love a Mining Melancholy remix.

I also noticed something that I'm finding really weird...

First, watch, and especially listen to the tram ride in this video of Riven at 0:23 through 0:54, (Or, more specifically, 0:31 through 0:43) and don't pay attention to the commentator.

Now, listen to the part at the beginning of the Mewtwo trailer where the camera pans around him.

I don't know if it's just me, but those two sounds sound exactly the same to me, just with the Mewtwo one not having all the shaking sounds added. I know it's not huge or anything, I just noticed it and thought it was weird... (It also tells my that I probably know Riven way to well. ) I showed my brother, and he said maybe it's just a stock sound, but Riven is over 15 years old, so it still seems kind of weird.

I guess this just means... Atrus writes into battle!

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Blast

WaLzgi wrote:

You're right that the bias is too strong. The Wii U is a nice growing console and haters refuse to admit it. The Wii U has flaws but it gets alotta unnecessary hate.

Master of the Hype Train

2Sang

WaLzgi wrote:

Unfortunately this is true. Because of the horrible drought of 2013, no matter how great the games are, wii u will certainly be last place this gen. That said, nitnendo's reputation can still be saved and their quality will be shown in smash.

LzWinky

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So Lz how many hats does that make?

Indigestion. That's how many at this point. I need to stop making predictions...except the following:

No DLC characters
No big sales numbers (3 million+ in one year)
No Pichu (ha)

FriedSquid

NintyMan wrote:

Too bad Duck Hunt's trailer wasn't revealed. I think they could have managed to stuff it in there along with Bowser Jr.'s. It's weird now after Sakurai had teased it and yet nothing came out of that.

Well Sakurai never said the video in question would be shown off today. My guess is that Duck Hunt's wasn't quite ready yet so he showed us the PotD to a.) get us interested in the Direct, making us think it would be shown today and b.) show proof of it existing in the first place. I'm sure we'll see it in the next few weeks.

Edited on by FriedSquid

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Blast

WaLzgi wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So Lz how many hats does that make?

Indigestion. That's how many at this point. I need to stop making predictions...except the following:

No DLC characters
No big sales numbers (3 million+ in one year)
No Pichu (ha)

Smash Wii U getting 3 million sales in one year requires overhype like Watch Dogs and Destiny.

Master of the Hype Train

skywake

WaLzgi wrote:

I don't know about that. Critically at least the Wii U has two of maybe around three universally praised new games so far this year. Those three being Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Dark Souls 2. And for sure, Destiny and Watch dogs have torn up the sales charts but Kart and Smash so far have also been doing pretty damn well. Particularly Kart given how down the Wii U sales have been.

I think all of that, particularly the critical praise and the word of mouth, is sinking in. I think Smash could well be the third hit in a Combo that seriously changes the way the average gamer looks at the Wii U. I see it already.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic