Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 17,641 to 17,660 of 27,917

IceClimbers

Ahh, but you see, the too big argument always said that Ridley towered over Samus, referring to his height. His height isn't an issue in Smash 4, as clearly seen by his model. Therefore, the too big argument is invalid in that regard. His width on the other hand... #RidleyTooFat4Smash.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Late

My first 8-player match will be with Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox and Pikachu. In other words the original 8 playable characters you can select when you first start Super Smash Bros. (64)

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Henmii

I haven't read everything yet, but it seems the Wii u version will be quite a lot bigger (and better) then the 3DS version after all. And that's a good thing.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

DreamyViridi

Late wrote:

My first 8-player match will be with Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox and Pikachu. In other words the original 8 playable characters you can select when you first start Super Smash Bros. (64)

Wouldn't be surprised if that's an Event Match in the game, with you being Mario. Speaking of, Event Matches! Looking forward to those.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

MegaStoneSmash91

It's just as I thought. Events, Special Smash, Stage Builder, and everything else missing from the 3DS version is on the Wii U version. I even partially predicted the ability to draw stages in the Stage Builder with the Gamepad. It's hard to believe people were concerned about the Wii U version at all.

And speaking of Events, the new structure for them is interesting, and I already like some of the scenario descriptions that were shown. Special Smash seems to have a few more options as well, what with the new items and all. That's going to be just as entertaining as ever.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

KO-Cub

I didn't think I was gonna need to buy the Wii U version. Naww. Screw the early release of the New 3ds in Australia. Hopefully Nintendo announces a bundle to cut money down instead of buying the WiiU and Smash Version separately.

Edited on by KO-Cub

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

erv

So, does anyone know if we can have online matches with friends in free for all even though at one end there may be more than one player joining? Actually, this is my most wanted feature to be honest...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

UGXwolf

The hype is real. This is in my subscription box, right now; this avalanche of hype vids is in my sub box:

(Francis got posted because he's been attacking Nintendo a lot, recently, so this vid is pretty special. The rest of these will be URLs if anyone wants to check them, but will not be posted to save on space.)

PKSparkxx DatHotness's reaction to Bowser Jr. reveal
PKSparkxx DatHotness's reaction to Mewtwo
HMK's Wii U Direct recap — HYPE!!!
The Nintendo Project's Direct recap (Ok, so I follow a number of small time guys, so what? X3)
Don't forget ALL of the GameXplain coverage and discussion of the Direct. I sub to them so I got completely flooded while I was at work.

And tomorrow, the doodoocacapoopledoople,etc.etc. will really hit the fan.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Randomname19

I lol'ed when the announcer was describing the notifications system and then yelled "EXCITING!"

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

jariw

Randomname19 wrote:

I lol'ed when the announcer was describing the notifications system and then yelled "EXCITING!"

There were lots of those moments. My favorite one was: "On the GamePad, there's a MICROPHONE!!!"

Henmii wrote:

I haven't read everything yet, but it seems the Wii u version will be quite a lot bigger (and better) then the 3DS version after all. And that's a good thing.

Make sure to watch that new Nintendo Direct, if you haven't already. Really.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

UGXwolf

Also, no more No Items, 4 stock, Fox only, Final Destination. It's 13 years old and no longer relevant. After all, we have a new set of rules:

8 PLAYERS!
NO ITEMS!
4 STOCK!
LITTLE MAC ONLY!
OMEGA FORM!
BOXING RING!

Ding ding, mo-fo.

CapeSmash

UGXwolf wrote:

[yt:1Xk6fojsc38]
(Francis got posted because he's been attacking Nintendo a lot, recently, so this vid is pretty special. The rest of these will be URLs if anyone wants to check them, but will not be posted to save on space.)

That comments section is pathetic. Is boogie's comments always like that? Looks like the comments off a BLACKB0ND video. lol

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

CapeSmash

Undead_terror wrote:

Well does anyone use Fox any more?

I do, because he is fast, has good KO power, and he's a combo machine.

Smash Mains:

KO-Cub

UGXwolf wrote:

Also, no more No Items, 4 stock, Fox only, Final Destination. It's 13 years old and no longer relevant. After all, we have a new set of rules:

8 PLAYERS!
NO ITEMS!
4 STOCK!
LITTLE MAC ONLY!
OMEGA FORM!
BOXING RING!

Ding ding, mo-fo.

I feel like you've been inside my head.

Pootypie

I am really happy that Mewtwo came back, but it really bugs me by a lot when people acts like... THIS:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

IN YOUR FACE NERDS!!!! IN YOOOUUUR FAAAACE!!!!! MEWTWO!!!!!!

Almost nothing else can piss me off more than this.

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

KO-Cub

SockoMario wrote:

Undead_terror wrote:

Well does anyone use Fox any more?

I do, because he is fast, has good KO power, and he's a combo machine.

I found a silly combo you can do with Fox. I accidentally found this out playing against my friends and pissed him off so much. Just Standard A twice, the one-two punch. Breath. Then Standard A twice again and repeat 2 more times then finish with the flurry attack. Your opponent get a sense of being thrashed. Even though the entire combo does 15 or so.

Undead_terror

TheGreatGamer wrote:

I am really happy that Mewtwo came back, but it really bugs me by a lot when people acts like... THIS:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

IN YOUR FACE NERDS!!!! IN YOOOUUUR FAAAACE!!!!! MEWTWO!!!!!!

Almost nothing else can piss me off more than this.

I think ol retro was just joking...I think anyways....BUTT other then that I'm glad he is back and I don't care who else we get, as long as the game get's expanded then it's good for me!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

CapeSmash

I change my mind; Smash Tour is cool.

Smash Mains:

UGXwolf

@SockoMario Yes. He attracts a very diverse group of viewers, which unfortunately mostly means PC elitists, PS4/Xbone fanboys, and TCG/CCG gamers.

@MetalK9 ... >.> You heard nothing...

@undead_terror I don't necessarily disagree with him, though. Nothing ruins a good reveal for me like an over-entitled fanboy proclaiming his own greatness by wanting a character that got in. Not saying that's what Retro is doing, but it does really irk me when people act that way.

Edited on by UGXwolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic