Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 27,917

PloXyZeRO

I don't know if this is just me, but I hope there's a more in-depth level editor this time around, maybe something closer to the LittleBigPlanet level editor

Even adding something as little as switches or buttons to activate other components in the level would make me happier

It would also be cool to download others' custom levels online from a list instead of just one a day.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

What do you think Pit is doing at 1:14 in this video of the trailer? It looks like he's doing a charge jump type thing.

Has this been discussed? I'm thinking they're adding alot more gameplay elements to the game. Even little things like Samus punching straight in the "Pikmin death" screenshot shows more flexibility with physics.
Not a big deal, but it's still an improvement.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Kewlan

@PloXyZeRO Did you have to name that game? Now I want to play it really bad, but I don't have a PlayStation! D:
-
@SCAR392 If I'm correct, both things already exist in Brawl. The Pit thing was probably his Up+B. And the pikmin death thing; if you hit the pikmins in Brawl they die, just like in the picture.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Snagrio

I've noticed Pit's strange takeoff sequence too. I do think it's his up-B move, but rather then simply hopping into the air and flying like in Brawl, he immediately starts soaring instead of awkwardly flapping his wings. And judging by the diagonal angle he was going it is possibly a directional move as well.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DreamyViridi

Yes, I believe they basically balanced Pit's recovery. It was... somewhat broken in Brawl.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

BandG

not to be a jerk or anything but I love LittlebigPlanet:D It's the reason I bought a PS3, which introduced me to many great 3rd and 1st party games! ok back to Smash Bros.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Snagrio

LuigiMan200 wrote:

Yes, I believe they basically balanced Pit's recovery. It was... somewhat broken in Brawl.

It wasn't entirely broken though. If you got hit while using the move you couldn't fly again until you touched the ground (or got KO'd).

Snagrio

Orngeblu

WingedFish wrote:

LuigiMan200 wrote:

It wasn't entirely broken though. If you got hit while using the move you couldn't fly again until you touched the ground (or got KO'd).

I've been abused using my recovery sometimes. :/ Not fun. I agree with you, but there are different ways to approach the ledge. You can go under the stage to the other side, or you can try to fake them out. Usually I go under the stage while still being near the ledge. I don't recall anyone countering it, though. I don't do it ALL the time, only when they're at the edge they can run off and hit me...so I take that into account before I consider what option I take. I've also had moments where when someone attacks me after I do my up special to recover, I press it again and it works. I'm not sure why exactly, though.

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

SCRAPPER392

Kewlan wrote:

@SCAR392 If I'm correct, both things already exist in Brawl. The Pit thing was probably his Up+B. And the pikmin death thing; if you hit the pikmins in Brawl they die, just like in the picture.

They don't. Pit isn't flapping his wings to fly like he would in his up-B move. I actually thought the newest pic was a Samus jump move since I saw Pit's.

As for the Pikmin thing, I'm saying that Samus is still punching straight forward even while she's on the slope. If your on a slope in Brawl, your attacks are somewhat dictated by the angle of the slope.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

K964

Now that Marth has been in a couple localized Fire Emblem games, do you think they'll finally give him an english voice actor?

"Good. Everyone's together. Pyrrhon loves a party."
"...It's funny because marriage is terrible!"
If you know the origin of both of those quotes, then you're awesome!
Songs are like hugs that mouths give to ears.
Dreams are easy to achieve if hope is all...

DreamyViridi

K964 wrote:

Now that Marth has been in a couple localized Fire Emblem games, do you think they'll finally give him an english voice actor?

I doubt it. The Japanese voice makes Marth, I think. It would feel weird having an English Marth after two games of Japanese

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Snagrio

K964 wrote:

That's been on my mind ever since I knew of his Shadow Dragon remake. But like @LuigiMan200 said it's practically Marth's "thing" that he talks in Japanese. Not to mention his rather, um, prissy lines are best not said in English lest even more people question his orientation...

Snagrio

Orngeblu

For any character: Japanese voice > English.

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Arminillo

Orngeblu wrote:

Two words: Solid. Snake.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

LzWinky

Orngeblu wrote:

Peach has an amazing voice! Cackletta and Fawful seem to think so too!!!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic