Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 27,917

Kewlan

Untitled
I like dem effects!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

FireMario887

Kewlan wrote:

Untitled
I like dem effects!

me too!! That's an awesome pic!

FireMario887

DreamyViridi

So if I'm looking at that picture right and judging from...

Dev wrote:

According to Sakurai:
"The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."

Player 1 KO'd Samus and Player 3 (?) KO'd Link.
That's a nice feature that may end the occasional shouting of "What?! That was my KO!".

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Kewlan

LuigiMan200 wrote:

So if I'm looking at that picture right and judging from...

Dev wrote:

According to Sakurai:
"The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."

Player 1 KO'd Samus and Player 3 (?) KO'd Link.
That's a nice feature that may end the occasional shouting of "What?! That was my KO!".

I think it's like this:
Player 1 - Red
Player 2 - Blue
Player 3 - Yellow
Player 4 - Green

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

BandG

Did anyone even like the side-scrolling levels in Brawl? ( Mushroomy Kingdom, DK Falls, etc.) I thought they were some of the worst stages... So why have we seen 2 possibly side-scrolling levels? they better just leave it at that.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AllAroundGamer9

BandG wrote:

Did anyone even like the side-scrolling levels in Brawl? ( Mushroomy Kingdom, DK Falls, etc.) I thought they were some of the worst stages... So why have we seen 2 possibly side-scrolling levels? they better just leave it at that.

I sorta liked the side-scrolling stages. You had to adapt to the new platforms in the stage. Also it showed off parts the stage. We know for fact that' theirs a side-scrolling stage for in the 3DS version.

AllAroundGamer9

Twitter:

Blaze

BandG wrote:

So true. and I play as Kirby!

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Happy_Mask

I think side scrolling stages would be good for adventure mode, but otherwise, no thanks, I can barely get a hit in and survive on mushroomy kingdom with a heavy character. >:[

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Orngeblu

I don't mind a couple side-scrolling stages. :I

Edited on by Orngeblu

Brawl Friend Code: 3395-4738-9505
I also have a 3DS and Wii U.

<3 Smash Bros.

Nintendo Network ID: Orngeblu

Snagrio

Dev wrote:

According to Sakurai:

I really like that. Sometimes it was a mystery to know who was winning during a timed battle.

I've also read somewhere, probably Super Smash Wiki, that the KO sounds more like an explosion than in past games.

That is a very nice little feature. There have been multiple times where I wish I knew who made which KO during a heated match.

And on the topic of sidescrolling stages, I actually like them more then most, but not the vertical ones, I hate those.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Orngeblu

How do you guys feel about this though? Would you like TP Link or Melee (OoT) Link? I personally would rather want Melee (OoT) Link, but we're not going to get it anyways. You guys will probably just want TP Link. I'll respect that, though. :I

And a random note: Melee luigi's sound effects are lame. It's just Mario with a MUCH lighter voice. ;-;

Also, I love the effects when a character gets launched in Smash 4.

Edited on by theblackdragon

<3 Smash Bros.

BandG

i would rather have OoT or SS but i wish sakurai would just put all of them as different skins ._.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

Orngeblu

BandG wrote:

i would rather have OoT or SS but i wish sakurai would just put all of them as different skins ._.

I would personally take Melee (OoT) Link over SS Link also. ._.

<3 Smash Bros.

GamecubeMan

Huh, Im not all that disappointed with the dropping the cutscenes. As much as I enjoyed them, this is kinda leaning to Meele's style. Which is apparently everyone's favorite.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Orngeblu

"Pic of the day. The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."

Sakurai's quote on the picture. So I don't think if Players 1 (red) gets launched, the launch-blast thingy will be red. It will be the color of the player who launched that player.

Edited on by Orngeblu

<3 Smash Bros.

PloXyZeRO

Orngeblu wrote:

"Pic of the day. The impact-launch effect has been powered up. The assigned color makes it clear which player will get points in the event of a KO."

Sakurai's quote on the picture. So I don't think if Players 1 (red) gets launched, the launch-blast thingy will be red. It will be the color of the player who launched that player.

Yes, exactly!
I've never had an issue with not having colors before because it will say "SCORE +1" over your name when you get the kill in a timed match, and in a stock match it doesn't really matter, but I guess it's a pretty cool feature nonetheless...plus it looks cool!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Kewlan

Orngeblu wrote:

That's exactly what we said, but yes, that's true ._.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Orngeblu

Kewlan wrote:

Orngeblu wrote:

That's exactly what we said, but yes, that's true ._.

Lol, ok. xP I guess I didn't read thoroughly then.

<3 Smash Bros.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic