Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 16,781 to 16,800 of 27,917

NintendoFan64

Hm...I'll probably get Luigi, Ness, Mr. Game and Watch, Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, megaman, Pacman, Kirby, R.O.B., and Captain Falcon. Those will definitely be my top priority. Also, for those hoping the Amiibos will be how Nintendo would distribute Smash DLC, I hope this isn't how they would do it. I mean, what if it's incredibly hard to find a specific Amiibo? I just think it would be more convenient to download the characters.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DBPirate

Why does there have to be an adapter for the GCN controller? My Wii U is all the way in a closet while my TV is in a whole separate room (don't ask me how it works; I have no idea) so that wouldn't really work for me.

Then again, it would probably work for most people and in this case I'm not most people. sigh

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

DefHalan

DBPirate wrote:

Why does there have to be an adapter for the GCN controller? My Wii U is all the way in a closet while my TV is in a whole separate room (don't ask me how it works; I have no idea) so that wouldn't really work for me.

Then again, it would probably work for most people and in this case I'm not most people. sigh

Find and buy a Wavebird

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

DBPirate wrote:

Why must life be so inconvenient

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sir_Diabeetus

DefHalan wrote:

DBPirate wrote:

Find and buy a Wavebird

Doesn't a Wavebird GC controller adds input lag?

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Sir_Diabeetus

Now that USA's release date of the Wii U version is 11/21/14, I'm going to get this on my Birthday, because my Birthday is 11/25.

Edited on by Sir_Diabeetus

[spoiler]I'm alive- wait no... I'm dead.[/spoiler]

Nintendo Network ID: Superninten13

Crimzonlogic

NintyMan wrote:

@Crimzonlogic: At a recent convention (don't know the name), there was a collection of the first wave of amiibos that were claimed to have the "final build" and they had these colored "support pillars" that would hold them up.
Untitled
Untitled
However, these trailers and screenshots show them without those things and they have clear poles like they had always had them, so that's why I'm a little confused.

I think those look like they are detachable from their bases, which I would be okay with. But the colored plastic pieces are pretty unsightly...The final product pictures don't show them, so hopefully they won't be included. Maybe when they said they were the final build they were talking about the figures themselves.

I can't wait to get my Pit amiibos. I wonder if Pittoo's will be holding the staff. How can they fit that in the packaging? He'll be set off to the side, with the staff taking up a lot of room. It'll look so off-balanced. That's sure to drive me nuts if I decide not to open it.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Rintyrocks

NintenNess wrote:

Now that USA's release date of the Wii U version is 11/21/14, I'm going to get this on my Birthday, because my Birthday is 11/25.

Oh wow, same here! I really hope to have a big party and invite my non Nintendo friends to bask in the glory of smash!

Rintyrocks

3DS Friend Code: 4828-5504-9607 | Nintendo Network ID: mememe1000

MegaStoneSmash91

Honestly I was thinking a December release for the Wii U version, but this is very good news indeed. Now Sakurai's going to have to reveal some info in the coming weeks.

As for the new wave of amiibos, I'm definitely getting Luigi and Captain Falcon, and I'll think about Little Mac. Already getting 6 from the first wave, but I'll happily add more, especially the characters I really want to have.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

NinjaWaddleDee

Predictions for wave 3: January release date, and includes - Bowser, Rosalina, Sheik, Meta Knight, Greninja, and Charizard. (Atleast that's what I think, because I'm sure they want to get some more popular characters out first.)

I plan on getting Samus, Kirby, Mario, Link, Yoshi, Pit, C.Falcon, and Little Mac. Maybe Zelda. I'll make my mind up about later waves as they release. I'm trying to limit myself to only 2 or 3 per wave, but series 1 has ALOT of important characters.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

luisesteban

For now I gonna buy only Peach and Yoshi, but I'll love Megaman or Rosalina.

luisesteban

LzWinky

But the Gamecube controller now doesn't work on other titles. This (for some reason) makes it worse than before!

Edited on by LzWinky

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Pootypie

What??? Now I have to buy TWO more controllers to be able to play 4 players??? That's plain stupid

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

LzWinky

TheGreatGamer wrote:

What??? Now I have to buy TWO more controllers to be able to play 4 players??? That's plain stupid

Math is stupid?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic