Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,881 to 15,900 of 27,917

Blast

FUTURE PREDICTION

IF SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI X FIRE EMBLEM COMES OUT AND THAT GAME HITS SUCCESS LIKE FIRE EMBLEM: AWAKENING... THEN THE MAIN CHARACTERS FROM THAT GAME WILL ALSO BE DEMANDED FOR SMASH 5

Hahah I can totally see that happening in Smash 5.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

"Last Smash game we see for a while."
Guys, Smash only comes out once a console generation. What the heck do you expect?

Well, I said last game, not last Smash game

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DBPirate

I heard one of Ganondorf's customs uses his sword.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

FriedSquid

Well, what I actually meant was that Sakurai probably won't be working on the next iteration.

He has had a much larger development team with this game and added improved content compared to Brawl. I get the feeling that he's been doing a lot of things in this Smash that he's wanted to do for a while, sort of like a 'final product' of what he wants Smash to be. It's also possible he's simply tired of working on Smash.

I don't know, I'm not trying to claim I know what he's thinking, but there's just something about Sakurai that tells me he isn't planning on directing the next Smash Bros. Obviously with the generation gap it won't be a long time since we get the next one, but who knows what he'll be doing by then. Hopefully he will still work on it if he wants to but I can't doubt that the pressure is tiring at this point.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

DefHalan

Squid wrote:

Well, what I actually meant was that Sakurai probably won't be working on the next iteration.

He has had a much larger development team with this game and added improved content compared to Brawl. I get the feeling that he's been doing a lot of things in this Smash that he's wanted to do for a while, sort of like a 'final product' of what he wants Smash to be. It's also possible he's simply tired of working on Smash.

I don't know, I'm not trying to claim I know what he's thinking, but there's just something about Sakurai that tells me he isn't planning on directing the next Smash Bros. Obviously with the generation gap it won't be a long time since we get the next one, but who knows what he'll be doing by then. Hopefully he will still work on it if he wants to but I can't doubt that the pressure is tiring at this point.

Well I remember when Brawl was supposed to be the Last Smash Bros.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

FriedSquid

DefHalan wrote:

Squid wrote:

Well I remember when Brawl was supposed to be the Last Smash Bros.

That's sorta what I meant. Maybe he's doing things with Smash 4 that he wanted to do with Brawl but couldn't, so to him Smash 4 is the real 'last Smash Bros.'

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

Before E3 2013, I thought they would give Fox his Star Fox 64 3D look. But no, they reused his model from Brawl. A very, very, VERY minor annoyance I have in Smash 4 is that some characters are just using their Brawl models with brighter colors, it's kind of lazy. Speaking of laziness, why do a lot of the characters have reused voice clips, like Mario and Luigi? Really Sakurai? Is it REALLY that hard to ask Charles Martinet for new voice clips? I don't know about you guys, but reused voice clips and sound FX really bother me. Also, these reused assists make the game look like Brawl 2.0 at first glance.

This is a AAA exclusive, so why does it have so many reused voice clips? For example, asking Charles Martinet to record new voices for Mario would probably take an hour or less. It's not like you have to ask him to record dialogue, you're asking him to record grunts, which again, would proabably take an hour or less. This game ABSOLUTELY NAILS IT in the music and SFX department, but with the voice clips, they weren't even trying. I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of this, but like I said, reused SFX and voice clips bother me a lot.

Again, these are just very minor annoyances I have with the game. Is anyone else bothered by this?

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

Why fix something that wasn't broken to begin with?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CapeSmash

WaLzgi wrote:

Why fix something that wasn't broken to begin with?

I've been hearing Mari'so grunts and cries in Brawl for 4 years. It sounds very repetitive at this point. I want to hear something new.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

CaviarMeths

Off-topic, but I hope that Sakurai takes a short break after this game (like 3 months of well-earned vacation time) and then works on something new for Wii U, either a new IP or an old revived classic a la Kid Icarus.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

SheldonRandoms

CaviarMeths wrote:

Off-topic, but I hope that Sakurai takes a short break after this game (like 3 months of well-earned vacation time) and then works on something new for Wii U, either a new IP or an old revived classic a la Kid Icarus.

Ice Climbers: Uprising, that'll get in as DLC or in the next game for sure!

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

Iggly

CaviarMeths wrote:

I hope so too, Sakurai has gone through a lot to make this Smash amazing.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

CapeSmash

CaviarMeths wrote:

Ice Climbers please. I dunno, I just think it would be cool (no pun intended) to see an Ice Climbers reboot.

Smash Mains:

NintendoFan64

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think he's earned a little more than 3 months. The past few years have been pretty dang busy for him. If anyone deserves a break, it's him.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Eel

I was under the impression that these games had been reusing voice clips where possible since Melee.

If i remember correctly they even said the Mario Finale voice clip had been recorded for the first Smash.

I mean, if it's the same actor, the same character, the same moves and sounds and they already sound fine... Why change them?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

CapeSmash

Untitled

Smash Mains:

CaviarMeths

NintendoFan64 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think he's earned a little more than 3 months. The past few years have been pretty dang busy for him. If anyone deserves a break, it's him.

I dunno man, 3 months is a very long time, especially for a workaholic like him. I took one week off work back in May and I felt useless and itching to go back to work after like 4 days.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

CapeSmash

So... these were found in the assist trophies section in the game's files:

• Excite Bike
  • Barbara
  • Redead
  • Doc Louis
  • Ice Climbers

Smash Mains: