Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,901 to 15,920 of 27,917

CapeSmash

Ganondorf's moveset in Smash Bros. is a perfect fit for him and doesn't need to be changed. Seriously, what's up with all the hate?

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

LzWinky

SockoMario wrote:

So... these were found in the assist trophies section in the game's files:

• Excite Bike
  • Barbara
  • Redead
  • Doc Louis
  • Ice Climbers

Pfffffffft, Ice Climbers

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Crimzonlogic

Have there been any preorder specials or bonuses anywhere for Smash 3DS? I'll finally preorder mine tomorrow.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

CapeSmash

Yellowtails wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Before E3 2013, I thought they would give Fox his Star Fox 64 3D look. But no, they reused his model from Brawl. A very, very, VERY minor annoyance I have in Smash 4 is that some characters are just using their Brawl models with brighter colors, it's kind of lazy. Speaking of laziness, why do a lot of the characters have reused voice clips, like Mario and Luigi? Really Sakurai? Is it REALLY that hard to ask Charles Martinet for new voice clips? I don't know about you guys, but reused voice clips and sound FX really bother me. Also, these reused assists make the game look like Brawl 2.0 at first glance.

This is a AAA exclusive, so why does it have so many reused voice clips? For example, asking Charles Martinet to record new voices for Mario would probably take an hour or less. It's not like you have to ask him to record dialogue, you're asking him to record grunts, which again, would probably take an hour or less. This game ABSOLUTELY NAILS IT in the music and SFX department, but with the voice clips, they weren't even trying. I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of this, but like I said, reused SFX and voice clips bother me a lot.

Again, these are just very minor annoyances I have with the game. Is anyone else bothered by this?

I noticed that some of the music, sound effects, and victory themes for the characters from Brawl were recycled in this game. It does bother me in a way, because it wouldn't feel like a truly new sequel. As for the voice clips, as long as they put new ones in with the recycled, its not a huge issue to me.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on the reused victory themes. That's the worst reused offender IMO.

Smash Mains:

FriedSquid

Why waste time making new sounds and music for old characters when you have new characters that need equal attention?

Besides, Sonic and Pit got new voice actors. I think Link makes some new grunts. Isn't that good enough for you?

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

vonboy89

SockoMario wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Before E3 2013, I thought they would give Fox his Star Fox 64 3D look. But no, they reused his model from Brawl. A very, very, VERY minor annoyance I have in Smash 4 is that some characters are just using their Brawl models with brighter colors, it's kind of lazy. Speaking of laziness, why do a lot of the characters have reused voice clips, like Mario and Luigi? Really Sakurai? Is it REALLY that hard to ask Charles Martinet for new voice clips? I don't know about you guys, but reused voice clips and sound FX really bother me. Also, these reused assists make the game look like Brawl 2.0 at first glance.

This is a AAA exclusive, so why does it have so many reused voice clips? For example, asking Charles Martinet to record new voices for Mario would probably take an hour or less. It's not like you have to ask him to record dialogue, you're asking him to record grunts, which again, would probably take an hour or less. This game ABSOLUTELY NAILS IT in the music and SFX department, but with the voice clips, they weren't even trying. I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of this, but like I said, reused SFX and voice clips bother me a lot.

Again, these are just very minor annoyances I have with the game. Is anyone else bothered by this?

I noticed that some of the music, sound effects, and victory themes for the characters from Brawl were recycled in this game. It does bother me in a way, because it wouldn't feel like a truly new sequel. As for the voice clips, as long as they put new ones in with the recycled, its not a huge issue to me.

Oh yeah, don't get me started on the reused victory themes. That's the worst reused offender IMO.

Don't wanna burst you're bubble, but game development is getting too dang expenssive!

Remember Iwata when they were showing off the Wii? one of his main points was that games were getting to expensive to make, and the market wasn't growing to compensate for the higher costs. If things keep going like they are, game studios will keep closing down after their games sell millions, and new ideas won't be tried nearly as much out of fear of losing tens of millions on them.

Them reusing some assets sucks, but they must be doing it to try to cut costs. That might also partially be the reason for the two versions of the game. I'm not saying the 3DS version was free to make, but they shared a lot of the same assets, and it was probably a lot cheaper than developing a Wii U game, and a completely seperate 3DS game.

Just my two cents.

Edited on by vonboy89

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

CapeSmash

Squid wrote:

Why waste time making new sounds and music for old characters when you have new characters that need equal attention?

Besides, Sonic and Pit got new voice actors. I think Link makes some new grunts. Isn't that good enough for you?

In Brawl, all veterans got new voice clips, soooo why not here?

vonboy89 wrote:

Don't wanna burst you're bubble, but game development is getting too dang expenssive!

Remember Iwata when they were showing off the Wii? one of his main points was that games were getting to expensive to make, and the market wasn't growing to compensate for the higher costs. If things keep going like they are, game studios will keep closing down after their games sell millions, and new ideas won't be tried nearly as much out of fear of losing tens of millions on them.

Them reusing some assets sucks, but they must be doing it to try to cut costs. That might also partially be the reason for the two versions of the game. I'm not saying the 3DS version was free to make, but they shared a lot of the same assets, and it was probably a lot cheaper than developing a Wii U game, and a completely seperate 3DS game.

Just my two cents.

That may be the case...

Smash Mains:

Eel

In brawl they got new clips because reusng N64-era sound clips mixed with new Wii-era ones would be much more noticeable than it was in Melee.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

SockoMario wrote:

Yellowtails wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

You know for such a universally disliked game as Sonic 06, I wouldn't have expected Sonic's victory theme to still be from that game. I'm not complaining though as I didn't find the game that bad!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

I REALLY don't wanna see Mega Man's awesome character model in this game go away in the future. I really hope Mega Man gets his own game on the Wii U or something.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MegaStoneSmash91

I did find it odd that voice clips were reused, but it isn't a huge problem. They all still sound fine. As for the new ones, I like Pit's a lot better than his Brawl voice. I haven't heard much of Sonic, but he doesn't sound too bad. I still don't understand why Fox got a new voice, though. He sounded great in Brawl and didn't need new lines.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

C-Olimar

SockoMario wrote:

So... these were found in the assist trophies section in the game's files:

• Excite Bike
  • Barbara
  • Redead
  • Doc Louis
  • Ice Climbers

Nice, I miss Barbara
Secretly wanted her as a surprise newcomer, but we didn't really get much from Nintendo's smaller modern series - Golden Sun, Fossil Fighters, Magical Starsign and the like.
Looks like you have to be retro or popular to be in Smash
...(which kind of makes sense)

C-Olimar

Pootypie

SockoMario wrote:

Untitled

Sorry ROB you aren't my main anymore

Pootypie

Switch Friend Code: SW-4862-0398-5013 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-3100-0796 | My Nintendo: Pootypie | Nintendo Network ID: BlueMario1998

CapeSmash

Untitled
Pic of the day. Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right? We've brought back the Castle Siege stage from Fire Emblem!
Untitled
Most of the games in the Fire Emblem series have a different unique setting and have fields without much height, so it was hard to narrow down what venues to focus on. Castle Siege and Colosseum are two stages that aren't exclusive to specific games in the franchise.

Smash Mains:

CapeSmash

So relieving to finally see an HD screenshot, and this stage looks AMAZING in HD!

Well, I'd better post some pictures from the Wii U version once in a while, right?

Show Ridley as a stage hazard already! >:c

@Guitardude7 He doesn't do that anymore, well, most of the time.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:

CaviarMeths

Here's some interesting polls taken from reddit: http://imgur.com/a/MTLCI

Some takeaways from that:

1) Dark Pitt is an overwhelmingly unpopular newcomer.
2) Dr. Mario's return is very polarizing, with 44% of the total votes being him being either the best or worst veteran.
3) More people would rather have Mewtwo return than Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Fox.
4) Poll on misrepresented series indicates that Ridley, Isaac, Dixie, King K. Rool are the most desired newcomers.
5) People really hate Diddy Kong.
6) People feel that Zelda, one of Nintendo's most iconic IPs, is properly represented with no newcomers since Melee and 40% of the characters being clones.
7) "Sexy Suit Samus" is the preferred nomenclature.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Caryslan

CaviarMeths wrote:

Here's some interesting polls taken from reddit: http://imgur.com/a/MTLCI

Some takeaways from that:

2) Dr. Mario's return is very polarizing, with 44% of the total votes being him being either the best or worst veteran.
3) More people would rather have Mewtwo return than Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Fox.
4) Poll on misrepresented series indicates that Ridley, Isaac, Dixie, King K. Rool are the most desired newcomers.
5) People really hate Diddy Kong.
6) People feel that Zelda, one of Nintendo's most iconic IPs, is properly represented with no newcomers since Melee and 40% of the characters being clones.
7) "Sexy Suit Samus" is the preferred nomenclature.

These polls also show why Fire Emblem got four reps in Smash 4, despite being a smaller series the most of Nintendo's other IPs.

Robin is the most popular newcomer, beating out popular and iconic characters like Little Mac, Pac-Man, and of all characters, Mega Man. Ike and Marth are in the top five in the Favortie Veterans list, beating out characters like Mario, Kirby, and Donkey Kong.

Alot of people complained that Fire Emblem gets too much content in Smash, but the thing is, Fire Emblem characters tend to be very popular and some of the most played characters in Smash Bros.

People love Marth, Ike, and now, Robin. These polls help prove that. Lucina is the only one who is low, but that's due to her basically being a clone of Marth.

Like or not, Fire Emblem's reps are very popular characters in Smash.

Caryslan

Crimzonlogic

As others were saying earlier, I think Sakurai should take a vacation after this. I feel bad that he works so hard that he messes up his hands just so we can play a video game.

CaviarMeths wrote:

At least I love ya, Pittooey. That's one, better than none.
Edit: Wait, he got 150 votes in that! Make that 151.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic