Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,581 to 15,600 of 27,917

UGXwolf

Tsuchinoko wrote:

I don't know if this happened before, but today is a national holiday in Japan. Did he not post a pic on other holidays?

Pretty sure it's been entirely consistent for the past year or so. Can't remember a single skipped day.

For the record, I will consider it a skipped day based on Japan's time, not ours. So about 2-and-a-half-hours from now (I think). This is a very late pic of the day, if there's even one at all, today. I feel like even if it were due to the Japanese holiday, he'd just put up a little entertaining screen he caught some time ago that he was saving for a rainy day. Or something like that.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Tsuchinoko

Looks like Nintendo are busy working on a patch for that Peach glitch. No POTD but they do have a notice about services being suspended for the next 24 hours, for online play at least.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

Grumblevolcano

There is a PotD and it's another 3DS screen, namely about Conquest Mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoFan64

Here it is:
Untitled
"Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while."
More menus! ...Yay?
Edit: He also said this in the comments:
"Also, Conquest data where players seem to be losing on purpose will be removed from the calculations. And lastly, there's no point in working on this mode too much on your own, so don't overdo it…"

Edited on by NintendoFan64

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Budda

Why did it take so long today? Weird.
Lets see how it turns out tomorrow.

btw. Just saw the first advertisement for the 3DS version on TV. Yay! lol

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Action4jackson

Can people plz add me on the wii U and 3DS I will add u on Friday

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

Action4jackson

The 3DS versions comes out 3 days before my b day I can't wait

fc: 2148-8408-0661 ID:gamer 4047 Get ready to smash

3DS Friend Code: 2148-8408-0661 | Nintendo Network ID: gamer4047

OmegaMetroid93

I definitely hope the WiiU has more content than the 3DS-version. Especially in terms of stages and challenges.
I was kinda disappointed by the low number of challenges in the 3DS version. I guarantee I'll be able to finish that thing in a couple hours and that makes me kinda sad.. haha

OmegaMetroid93

Grumblevolcano

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I definitely hope the WiiU has more content than the 3DS-version. Especially in terms of stages and challenges.
I was kinda disappointed by the low number of challenges in the 3DS version. I guarantee I'll be able to finish that thing in a couple hours and that makes me kinda sad.. haha

Low number of challenges? I was expecting a similar amount to Kid Icarus Uprising which is 240 so far (I'm only on Chapter 12 so only have 2 treasure hunts).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OmegaMetroid93

Grumblevolcano wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Low number of challenges? I was expecting a similar amount to Kid Icarus Uprising which is 240 so far (I'm only on Chapter 12 so only have 2 treasure hunts).

Actually, I take that back.. It seems there are WAY more challenges than I initially thought. My bad.
That's a relief.
I'm glad the WiiU ones are supposed to be harder though, as the 3DS versions really dont seen to be much of a challenge.

OmegaMetroid93

NintendoFan64

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

Actually, I take that back.. It seems there are WAY more challenges than I initially thought. My bad.
That's a relief.
I'm glad the WiiU ones are supposed to be harder though, as the 3DS versions really dont seen to be much of a challenge.

Sigh...I've never managed to beat all of Brawl's challenges...but not this time. This time I'm gonna try to do them all!

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Tsuchinoko

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

As I don't have internet at my apartment, I can't really do internet matches right now. The offline is fun, but as the characters and stages can all be unlocked fairly fast, it has a slight shallowness to it. I unlocked everything and finished the first two challenge boards by sunday afternoon, and I spent the weekend with my boo. I would say I played a moderate amount at most.

I'm not really into the whole character customization thing, partially because I find a lot of the alternate moves cumbersome and less interesting than their original versions. I mostly play Smash Run for the trophies.

Justlink

PoTD isn't over yet, he hasn't shown us WiiU menus! I smell a fresh direct coming soon with Wii U SsbU and Captain Toad along with other minor things and New 3ds. I think on october 3 or 10th

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

TuVictus

I hope we get a Nintendo Direct with Smash Wii U news as well as captain toad news. Japan got a direct, it's logical that one should show up here eventually

TuVictus

luisesteban

Probably in the first days of november.

luisesteban

Grumblevolcano

@NintyMan Well that confirms there's no Worldwide release for the Wii U version.

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@NintyMan Well that confirms there's no Worldwide release for the Wii U version.

What this does confirm is that the Japanese and international releases are not going to be at the same time.

SheldonRandoms

Hopefully Japan gets it a day earlier, and then the rest of the world gets it the next day =w= I R wish..........

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

CapeSmash

Untitled

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic