Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 15,561 to 15,580 of 27,917

MsJubilee

Even if we had the perfect roster for smash which doesn't exist , you will never satisfy everyone.There will always be a group or a single person who will always hate it for their own stupid reason.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CapeSmash

Henmii wrote:

and did we really need Dr Mario again

Yes.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

@SockoMario It's very easy to fake this sort of thing, and I agree with @MorphBug that the inclusion of the name "koopalings" makes little to no actual sense.

However, aside from Protoman, I could easily see how these characters may have been in the game from early development and cut due to various limitations (mostly time). This especially explains the Polar Bear in Smash Run, the Sneaky Spirit in Smash Run, Star Wolf being a theme in Corneria, but there being no traces of Wolf, himself, anywhere in the game aside from a single trophy (and same for Lucas minus the theme). I would believe these seven because two of them were intended for Brawl and never made it. Three of them should've come back and even left some marks on the game here and there. As for Marshal, I don't think the Gematsu leak was a fluke, and it would make sense, as the Gematsu leak appeared to be based on outdated information. The character may have just been cut because Sakurai couldn't make a mechanic work or they didn't have time. Protoman's the only stretch, here. I originally considered him to be a costume alt for MegaMan. Maybe he was going to be another clone, but they didn't have time to get his model and animations up and running? Who knows!

What I will say is that if this WERE true, it would give me great hope for at least four of these to return as DLC. My money would be on Wolf, Lucas, Marshal, and Dixie, but Mewtwo and Ice Climbers have a shot, IMO.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

FriedSquid

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Protoman should just be a skin.

Let me just say first that I'm a huge Protofan, but I knew early on that he wouldn't be playable. The best that I could hope for was he'd be an Assist Trophy. However, I expected the same fate for Dark Pit yet he made it on the roster. I wouldn't be so quick to pen down Protoman as impossible. I'd say there's some reason he wasn't an Assist and probably has a shot, even though I'm against having two characters per third-party franchise. He could have a very different move set than Rock with his shield, though...

Also, @Morphbug my guess is that they just generalized Bowser Jr.'s alts altogether and called them "Koopalings" collectively.

I dunno, this could easily be fake but for now I'm on-board with it. Hopefully true.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

Eel

They have never been known as koopalings in Japan.

Just things like "Koopa's Minions", "Koopa 7 Team" and simple stuff like that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FriedSquid

Morphbug wrote:

Huh, never knew that. That is strange then.

Aaaaaand my hope in this "leak" just went down the drain.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CapeSmash

I swear if we don't get a Wii U screenshot on PotD, I'm going to lose my mind.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

UGXwolf

SockoMario wrote:

I swear if we don't get a Wii U screenshot on PotD, I'm going to lose my mind.

I really don't expect it. The 3DS version just came out over in Japan and it's on its way here, so I figure it'll be a few weeks before they really start to dive into what makes the Wii U version unique.

MegaStoneSmash91

With the 3DS version out in Japan, it would be pointless for him to continue with the 3DS details since they know all of it already. Unless we get different pics than Japan, but that's very unlikely. We'll probably get mostly 3DS stuff until that version is released everywhere.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Tsuchinoko

The conquest mode started today, so they could delve into that a bit more.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

May_Nyan

Morphbug wrote:

According to Wikipedia it's コクッパ Kokuppa (Little Koopas) or クッパの手下 Kuppa no Teshita (Koopa's minions)

May_Nyan

Tsuchinoko

So I've been wondering about potential DLC, now that many Nintendo games have it, and Smash could really have some amazing bonus stuff.

How did that work with Mario Kart 8? Was the DLC menu added in an update? I assumed so since DLC was rumored for a while after the games release, and DLC didn't start until three months after release.

DreamyViridi

Tsuchinoko wrote:

So I've been wondering about potential DLC, now that many Nintendo games have it, and Smash could really have some amazing bonus stuff.

How did that work with Mario Kart 8? Was the DLC menu added in an update? I assumed so since DLC was rumored for a while after the games release, and DLC didn't start until three months after release.

Yeah, the 'Shop' was added with the update. I personally would not expect DLC until next year. Hopefully, it won't be like MK8 with the icons taunting you until the characters are available.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Grumblevolcano

Tsuchinoko wrote:

Yes, a "shop" tab on the main menu was added with the game update of which you could then buy the Mercedes DLC (free) and preorder the Animal Crossing and Legend of Zelda packs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

Wow, PotD is about an hour late, isn't it? Could it have something to do with the Japanese release? OOH! Maybe they're putting up the Wii U portion of the site. owo

Megatonwhale

What if that's it? Now that the game is officially out in some capacity, maybe they'll put an end to POTD? What.....what will we do? The light is gone...

....I'm so cold. So...cold.....

Megatonwhale

Twitter:

May_Nyan

I'm still waiting for the Pic of the Day. I hope they aren't over.

May_Nyan

UGXwolf

Nah, they still have half a website to erect and a whole other half (two-thirds, I personally believe, but how much of the game you think the Wii U part will amount to is up to you... oh, yeah, and I consider the two versions to be two parts of the same game) of a game to slowly release information about day by day.

Edited on by UGXwolf

DreamyViridi

What's the latest time a POTD has ever been posted? Either way, I think that there may be one for today. I feel that Sakurai would announce when the POTDs are done.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tsuchinoko

I don't know if this happened before, but today is a national holiday in Japan. Did he not post a pic on other holidays?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic