Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,201 to 14,220 of 27,917

DefHalan

midnafanboy wrote:

Alright someone answer this question please Why do people like Krystal?

She is pretty cool.

A) some people probably think she is sexy.
B) She is telepathic.
C) She is Fox's love interest in the series.
D) Panther (part of Wolf's team) seems to be interested in her which leads to some funny moments.
E) She was pretty much the best character in Assault's multiplayer.
F) There is so much material to pull from for her moveset. (this is more of a reason for her to be in Smash rather than why people like her)

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

C-Olimar

DefHalan wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen Pretty much what's happening with Wolf right now, except funnier and louder.

I am a little sad about the idea of Wolf possibly being cut, also this may be the first Smash game to not have a new Star Fox character. Please let Krystal make it in!!!!

I love Krystal. Plus she's a female rep, and they seem to be trying to increase the number of those. Weird that Starfox gets a reduction just as the franchise is dragged out of retirement.

Plus Krystal could use the staff and Adventures powers which would make her very unique. Her Final Smash could be the triceratops (I think his name is Tricky) running through the level similar to Ganondorf's FS in Brawl.

I like the fact that she would be an entirely unique Starfox character but you and I both know her FS would be Landmaster

C-Olimar

DefHalan

C-Olimar wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen Pretty much what's happening with Wolf right now, except funnier and louder.

I am a little sad about the idea of Wolf possibly being cut, also this may be the first Smash game to not have a new Star Fox character. Please let Krystal make it in!!!!

I love Krystal. Plus she's a female rep, and they seem to be trying to increase the number of those. Weird that Starfox gets a reduction just as the franchise is dragged out of retirement.

Plus Krystal could use the staff and Adventures powers which would make her very unique. Her Final Smash could be the triceratops (I think his name is Tricky) running through the level similar to Ganondorf's FS in Brawl.

I like the fact that she would be an entirely unique Starfox character but you and I both know her FS would be Landmaster

That would be such a waste but I would laugh/cry for days if that happened

Eel

An educated guess of what Krystal would be like...

B- blue laser gun with pink lasers
B>- mirage
B^- blue fire engulfs her and she is sent flying upwards
Bv- a very big reflector

Final Smash- land master. Painted to look like Tricky.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Nintendo6400

DefHalan wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Ya Krystal could be an interesting character with her staff, but she would probably use her arwing instead. Just like B jr. XD
I'm just kidding. I still prefer Wolf over Krystal.

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

2Sang

C-Olimar wrote:

2Sang wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

2Sang wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I'm actually pretty upset at Wolf's "removal" too. While I never played him in the past thinking "aw he's just a boring Fox clone" I just recently started playing him again in Brawl, and he's actually pretty different, much more different than Falco. I actually like how he plays.

If they had time for dark pit, they should've had time for wolf. Is there a single person out there who would actually rather have dark pit than wolf? At least wolf wasn't a full clone.

Me, right here! Dark Pit is really cool. Plus I like Kid Icarus more than Starfox.
Wolf is a bit of an obscure character and I don't know who he caters for. He isn't retro like Ice Climbers or ROB or quirky like Wii Fit Trainer or modern like Shulk. And I always found him dull.
If we got Slippy, on the other hand...

How is wolf an obscure character and dark pit not? Wolf was an important role in one of the most popular and well-known video games of all time (starfox 64). He's also been in command, assault, and the upcoming starfox game. He's essentially the bowser or ganondorf of the starfox universe. Wolf is far more deserving. Dark pit appeared in 1 game, and in that one game he wasn't even the main villain or too significant of a character. Medusa, Hades, Magnus, and Viridi are all more important than dark pit, and none of those characters should be in considering there's 2 kid ic reps already.

For one thing, Kid Icarus Uprising sold more copies than Starfox 64 3D and Starfox Command. According to the not-totally-reliable VGChartz, it even outsold Assault.
Nintendo is targeting children with Smash Bros, as they do with most of their games - it's the largest market.
Kids who play Nintendo games, I think, are more likely to recgnise Pit and Dark Pit than Wolf.
By "obscure", I don't mean within our little sphere of Nintendo fans. I mean in terms of mainstream players. Uprising is more recent than any Starfox game, and sold more copies than the three most recent games.

I would note here that in order to promote Starfox U Sakurai should really have kept Wolf. Maybe he'll be DLC later?

I really doubt that. According to vgchartz starfox 64 3d sold .81 million and uprising sold 1.14 million. You don't factor in the fact that starfox 64 3d didn't get the same coverage uprising did and it was also a remake. Starfox 64 on the n64 sold more than 4 times what uprising has and that was when the video game market was MUCH smaller.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

I'm not a Krystal fan, think she's one of Nintendo's worst female characters she's just flat out stale and annoying should Star Fox get a new rep I wouldn't want it to be her

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Jazzer94

torotoid64 wrote:

I'm not a Krystal fan, think she's one of Nintendo's worst female characters she's just flat out stale and annoying should Star Fox get a new rep I wouldn't want it to be her

Bill would be awesome.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

You could basically take the abilities Fox uses during Adventures and make a moveset out of them.
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Krystal's_Staff#Powers_and_Abil...

B Flame Thrower
B^ Rocket Boost (Let it be controlled like Lucario's B^)
Bv Ground Quake
B<> Spinning the Staff attack (which could give her slight horizontal movement)

Final Smash - Tricky running through the level (I would really hope it wouldn't be a Land Master lol)

2Sang

DefHalan wrote:

You could basically take the abilities Fox uses during Adventures and make a moveset out of them.
http://starfox.wikia.com/wiki/Krystal's_Staff#Powers_and_Abil...

B Flame Thrower
B^ Rocket Boost (Let it be controlled like Lucario's B^)
Bv Ground Quake
B<> Spinning the Staff attack (which could give her slight horizontal movement)

Final Smash - Tricky running through the level (I would really hope it wouldn't be a Land Master lol)

Definitely would make a great moveset and a fairly deserving character (although dixie is the much more deserving anthropomorphic female nintendo character). If she used a similar moveset like fox/falco/wolf, she'd be just as pointless as dark pit.

Edited on by 2Sang

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

AceDefective

torotoid64 wrote:

<Insert furry joke here>
Too lazy .

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Nintendo6400

OK, so I beat KI:U again and heard the Hades easter egg. It made me crack up! I so want Hades to be playable! I can't wait another 25 years for him to be resurrected, Master hand must bring Hades back for smash!

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Arminillo

What Wii U-specific modes do you think will be in Super Smash 4?

I'm thinking maybe a Boss Mode. Like, the Gamepad is Master Hand, or Tabuu, or Yellow Devil (etc) and you have to fight up to four players.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

C-Olimar

Morphbug wrote:

It seems Peach has a pony tail when you use her "Fire Peach" costume.

And Daisy is just a plain recolor again.

It's a shame the game isn't hitting the "next level" when it comes to alts. I was hoping we'd get a similair situation to Olimar/Alph, with a whole model swap and name change - not just with Peach/Daisy but with a few characters. I guess it would take a lot of work.

C-Olimar

Eel

Yeah, I really wanted to play as Daisy... Not peach with a paint job again like in Brawl. I hope it will at least be slightly more detailed in this one.

Even Melee's version of it was ten times better than Brawl's.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic