Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 14,181 to 14,200 of 27,917

Blast

Morphbug wrote:

Antihero

He's not even really antihero. Pit is just so bubbly and easygoing. Dark Pit is just more reserved.... Dark Pit has/had a sense of doing the right thing in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Crimzonlogic

2Sang wrote:

Not a lot of people know who pit is (I'd say wolf and pit are probably similar in recognition and popularity), let alone pitoo.

I say that is a good enough reason to make Pittoo playable. There probably wouldn't be Uprising if people weren't introduced to Pit in Brawl. I'm sure the positive reception of his inclusion affected the decision to make Uprising. Putting Pittoo in would generate more interest in Kid Icarus, and who knows, we might get an awesome Uprising sequel! Then Pittoo would surely appear in said sequel and might even be more important to the story this time around. I would be down for that.
I really hope that that part of the leak is true and he's in. I also hope Wolf isn't actually cut, for the record. There's no proof he's cut yet that I've seen!

Currently playing: Smash Bros. 3DS, Xenoblade Chronicles, Alpha Sapphire.
Attempting to guide nephew through Skyward Sword. He keeps getting stuck.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.
-Check out my Deviantart for dumb art: http://crimzonlogic.deviantart.c...

LzWinky

UGXwolf wrote:

@midnafanboy If you can't taste the unseriousness of that comment, I always use ":V" to denote when I'm being unserious and not even trying to be funny about it.

Unserious or not, there is such a thing as an offensive comment. Let's avoid those next time

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

2Sang

Crimzonlogic wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Not a lot of people know who pit is (I'd say wolf and pit are probably similar in recognition and popularity), let alone pitoo.

I say that is a good enough reason to make Pittoo playable. There probably wouldn't be Uprising if people weren't introduced to Pit in Brawl. I'm sure the positive reception of his inclusion affected the decision to make Uprising. Putting Pittoo in would generate more interest in Kid Icarus, and who knows, we might get an awesome Uprising sequel! Then Pittoo would surely appear in said sequel and might even be more important to the story this time around. I would be down for that.
I really hope that that part of the leak is true and he's in. I also hope Wolf isn't actually cut, for the record. There's no proof he's cut yet that I've seen!

Sakurai said he wouldn't make another kid ic game for another 25 years and I doubt nintendo is too interested in remaking a full sequel anytime soon considering it wasn't a huge system seller. Would love to be proved wrong, though.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea
BACK MY PROJECT EVEN $1 HELPS!

Nintendo Network ID: DJ2Sang | Twitter:

Crimzonlogic

Blast wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Dark Pit is an enemy too...sorta

He's more of a rival.

Ummmm... He helped Pit in several situations.... He's not really a rival. He's a friend of Pit. But REALLY.... Dark Pit is supposed to represent the darkness/frustration in Pit's heart because Pit died at a young age.... There was a chapter in Kid Icarus: Uprising where Dark Pit came from the mirror that showed the truth of all things or something.

He want's to fight Pit throughout most of the game, and only stops attacking him toward the end. So he's a rival for most of the game.
Yep, the Mirror of Truth.
"because Pit died at a young age." Wha? The frustration in Pit's heart (which is reflected in Pittoo) is because Pit isn't entirely satisfied with being a servant/slave to Palutena. Deep down, he wants freedom to go places and do whatever he wants without being told to do so. On the surface, he loves her and WANTS to serve her, so he just hides the other feelings deep down. When he stood in front of the mirror, those bottled-up feelings manifested themselves as Dark Pit. That's why Dark Pit is so against being someone's servant, and part of the reason he initially wanted to kick Pit's butt and called him things like "Puppet". That's how I see it.

2Sang wrote:

Sakurai said he wouldn't make another kid ic game for another 25 years

That was a joke, because the time between Uprising and the last game was 25 years.

Edited on by Crimzonlogic

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

2Sang

@Crimzonlogic
It was a reference, but it wasn't a joke. He might not even make another game ever. After all, he doesn't like making reahash after rehash. Even smash (which he's basically obligated to do) isn't really a rehash, and the formula for a fighting game is generally rehash and add some content. Unless he drastically changes the gameplay for uprising 2, it's probably not gonna happen. We haven't seen a meteos 2 after nearly a decade, so uprising was probably a 1-off as well.
Only good point on your side of the argument is the story left many holes and potential for more, but I think he just does that in case he wants to go back one day.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2sang/nintendo-pizza-scented-air-freshener-mach-pizza-ea

Crimzonlogic

2Sang wrote:

@Crimzonlogic

Only good point on your side of the argument

We were arguing? I wasn't trying to argue. I'm sorry. I don't want to cause a mess here.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

LzWinky

Blast wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Dark Pit is an enemy too...sorta

He's more of a rival.

Ummmm... He helped Pit in several situations.... He's not really a rival. He's a friend of Pit. But REALLY.... Dark Pit is supposed to represent the darkness/frustration in Pit's heart because Pit died at a young age.... There was a chapter in Kid Icarus: Uprising where Dark Pit came from the mirror that showed the truth of all things or something.

That's pretty much what an anti-hero is

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nintendo6400

2Sang wrote:

Crimzonlogic wrote:

2Sang wrote:

Sakurai said he wouldn't make another kid ic game for another 25 years and I doubt nintendo is too interested in remaking a full sequel anytime soon considering it wasn't a huge system seller. Would love to be proved wrong, though.

Ya this is one of the reasons I want to see hades as a playable. That guy was just so entertaining, I can't wait a another "25 years to resurrect myself" as Hades stated at the end of KI:U. No! I wanna see him brought back for smash!

P.S. I don't specifically remember Hades saying that the game, but I do recall reading it in a wiki a while ago. Either way, you get the point.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

2Sang

Crimzonlogic wrote:

2Sang wrote:

@Crimzonlogic

Only good point on your side of the argument

We were arguing? I wasn't trying to argue. I'm sorry. I don't want to cause a mess here.

debate, whatever you want to call it. I'm not trying to sound mean, as I assume you aren't either. That's the weird thing about internet forums, and until there's a way to communicate while displaying emotions through text chat, everyone always thinks everyone else has a different tone than they normally do.

LzWinky

Use [spoiler] Destiny Man

Also, an antihero does NOT mean that he doesn't do good things. An antihero is basically a character that's not your typical hero. He can be a complete jerk and still be a good guy

Edited on by LzWinky

Crimzonlogic

Nintendo6400 wrote:

Ya this is one of the reasons I want to see hades as a playable. That guy was just so entertaining, I can't wait a another "25 years to resurrect myself" as Hades stated at the end of KI:U. No! I wanna see him brought back for smash!

P.S. I don't specifically remember Hades saying that the game, but I do recall reading it in a wiki a while ago. Either way, you get the point.

He says it after the game's end credits if you let the end screen sit for several minutes without pressing buttons. Seriously, play through the last chapter and just sit there with the ending screen. He'll start talking and say some hilarious stuff!

I hope he's a stage boss/hazard, at least. He could egg on the combatants during a match.

How do I use the spoiler tag thingy? I'm thinking I should put the end-credit thing in a spoiler, but I think it's more Easter egg than spoiler...I'm not sure.

Select one:
-Give me snacks.
-High-five me.

C-Olimar

2Sang wrote:

C-Olimar wrote:

2Sang wrote:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

I'm actually pretty upset at Wolf's "removal" too. While I never played him in the past thinking "aw he's just a boring Fox clone" I just recently started playing him again in Brawl, and he's actually pretty different, much more different than Falco. I actually like how he plays.

If they had time for dark pit, they should've had time for wolf. Is there a single person out there who would actually rather have dark pit than wolf? At least wolf wasn't a full clone.

Me, right here! Dark Pit is really cool. Plus I like Kid Icarus more than Starfox.
Wolf is a bit of an obscure character and I don't know who he caters for. He isn't retro like Ice Climbers or ROB or quirky like Wii Fit Trainer or modern like Shulk. And I always found him dull.
If we got Slippy, on the other hand...

How is wolf an obscure character and dark pit not? Wolf was an important role in one of the most popular and well-known video games of all time (starfox 64). He's also been in command, assault, and the upcoming starfox game. He's essentially the bowser or ganondorf of the starfox universe. Wolf is far more deserving. Dark pit appeared in 1 game, and in that one game he wasn't even the main villain or too significant of a character. Medusa, Hades, Magnus, and Viridi are all more important than dark pit, and none of those characters should be in considering there's 2 kid ic reps already.

For one thing, Kid Icarus Uprising sold more copies than Starfox 64 3D and Starfox Command. According to the not-totally-reliable VGChartz, it even outsold Assault.
Nintendo is targeting children with Smash Bros, as they do with most of their games - it's the largest market.
Kids who play Nintendo games, I think, are more likely to recgnise Pit and Dark Pit than Wolf.
By "obscure", I don't mean within our little sphere of Nintendo fans. I mean in terms of mainstream players. Uprising is more recent than any Starfox game, and sold more copies than the three most recent games.

I would note here that in order to promote Starfox U Sakurai should really have kept Wolf. Maybe he'll be DLC later?

Edited on by C-Olimar

C-Olimar

LzWinky

[spoiler] Like this [ /spoiler] (without the space in the last part)

Edited on by LzWinky

UGXwolf

Apparently, this is a rundown of the findings from the new demo. Feel free to enjoy it. I'm still watching through it, myself. (Note: This is just Part 1. There will be more.)

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Nintendo6400

Crimzonlogic wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

He says it after the game's end credits if you let the end screen sit for several minutes without pressing buttons. Seriously, play through the last chapter and just sit there with the ending screen. He'll start talking and say some hilarious stuff!

I hope he's a stage boss/hazard, at least. He could egg on the combatants during a match.

How do I use the spoiler tag thingy?

Seriously?! I know what I'm doing tonight!!

Edited on by Nintendo6400

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen Pretty much what's happening with Wolf right now, except funnier and louder.

I am a little sad about the idea of Wolf possibly being cut, also this may be the first Smash game to not have a new Star Fox character. Please let Krystal make it in!!!!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

C-Olimar

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

@DefHalen Pretty much what's happening with Wolf right now, except funnier and louder.

I am a little sad about the idea of Wolf possibly being cut, also this may be the first Smash game to not have a new Star Fox character. Please let Krystal make it in!!!!

I love Krystal. Plus she's a female rep, and they seem to be trying to increase the number of those. Weird that Starfox gets a reduction just as the franchise is dragged out of retirement.

C-Olimar

DefHalan

C-Olimar wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I love Krystal. Plus she's a female rep, and they seem to be trying to increase the number of those. Weird that Starfox gets a reduction just as the franchise is dragged out of retirement.

Plus Krystal could use the staff and Adventures powers which would make her very unique. Her Final Smash could be the triceratops (I think his name is Tricky) running through the level similar to Ganondorf's FS in Brawl.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MsJubilee

Alright someone answer this question please Why do people like Krystal?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic