Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,041 to 12,060 of 27,917

Nintendo6400

Does anyone know when the gamescom smash tourney is?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

FlaygletheBagel

November 21 would be smart timing, since it would allow for some good Black Friday sales. But I'm actually not as optimistic. I think they'll need a little more time to work on it, and it will be a couple weeks before Christmas before it comes out.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Nintendo6400

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

November 21 would be smart timing, since it would allow for some good Black Friday sales. But I'm actually not as optimistic. I think they'll need a little more time to work on it, and it will be a couple weeks before Christmas before it comes out.

Im thinking the same thing, but nov 21 is the same release as pokemon ruby and sapphire.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Inkling

Remaining fighter predictions:
Wario
Mr Game and Watch
R.O.B
Falco
Wolf
Shulk
Isaac
Chorus Men/Marshal
Ice Climbers
Dixie Kong
Jigglypuff
Ness

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DefHalan

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Okay, let's make some predictions of when you think Super Smash Bros. Wii U will release. My guess, the week after the new pokemon remakes come out, so December 5th. Either way, I'm thinking late November, early December. Although my preferred release date would be early November.

Between today and the end of 2015

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Budda

Nintendo6400 wrote:

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

Im thinking the same thing, but nov 21 is the same release as pokemon ruby and sapphire.

And Sonic Boom in Europe. lol
I have good feeling about 21st. I don't think Nintendo doesn't want to miss that opportunity.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Grumblevolcano

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

FlaygletheBagel wrote:

And Sonic Boom in Europe. lol
I have good feeling about 21st. I don't think Nintendo doesn't want to miss that opportunity.

Maybe November 21st in NA and November 28th in Europe, I don't think Nintendo would want to burn bridges with their only remaining reliable 3rd party (SEGA).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

My guess is November 21st in North America and Japan, and November 28th in Europe. Same as Pokemon ORAS haha. They did a double whammy release last year with Super Mario 3D World and Zelda ALBW last year, so they can do it again this year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MegaStoneSmash91

I had a thought earlier about the starting roster. Do you think each version will have a different one? There are a few different characters featured in each boxart, such as Wii Fit Trainer appearing on the Wii U's cover but not the 3DS's. That could just mean they wanted a little variety in each of the designs, or they wanted to show some different characters to further separate the look of each version's boxart. It was just a thought, but who knows if it's possible.

Speaking of which, Marth is featured on the 3DS boxart. Perhaps he'll be a starter this time? Sonic and Snake were hidden characters in Brawl, but they were on the back of the game case and not the front. Having Marth fully visible right there would seem to indicate that he is no longer a hidden character. With four Fire Emblem reps, this wouldn't surprise me at all. On the other hand, Rosalina is also on the 3DS boxart. I thought for sure she was worthy of being unlockable, but perhaps she'll be there right at the beginning. Or maybe she'll be a starter on the 3DS version, but hidden on the Wii U version? Then again, Donkey Kong is on the Wii U boxart and not the 3DS's, and he is a guaranteed starter character. So I guess that idea is out the window. The discussion of who is a starter or not still remains, though.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Eel

It would be nice if each game had its own starting characters.

On another note, I was thinking about Jigglypuff and how useless its sing attack is and... It hit me... Custom movesets!

Now I can't wait to see what moves will they give it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I had a thought earlier about the starting roster. Do you think each version will have a different one? There are a few different characters featured in each boxart, such as Wii Fit Trainer appearing on the Wii U's cover but not the 3DS's. That could just mean they wanted a little variety in each of the designs, or they wanted to show some different characters to further separate the look of each version's boxart. It was just a thought, but who knows if it's possible.

Speaking of which, Marth is featured on the 3DS boxart. Perhaps he'll be a starter this time? Sonic and Snake were hidden characters in Brawl, but they were on the back of the game case and not the front. Having Marth fully visible right there would seem to indicate that he is no longer a hidden character. With four Fire Emblem reps, this wouldn't surprise me at all. On the other hand, Rosalina is also on the 3DS boxart. I thought for sure she was worthy of being unlockable, but perhaps she'll be there right at the beginning. Or maybe she'll be a starter on the 3DS version, but hidden on the Wii U version? Then again, Donkey Kong is on the Wii U boxart and not the 3DS's, and he is a guaranteed starter character. So I guess that idea is out the window. The discussion of who is a starter or not still remains, though.

1: I'm pretty sure thats just or variety and variety is GOOD.

2: No one understands Sakurai's thinking except.... himself. Hahah so who knows whose unlockable and whose a starter.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MegaStoneSmash91

@Blast Yeah, it is most likely just for variety, but it's still possible they could have different starting rosters. As I said, just a thought. I will say one thing, though: Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Sonic are definitely going to be unlockable. Characters like Marth and Luigi could go either way, but those three are basically destined to be hidden.

Edited on by MegaStoneSmash91

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Blast

How should online voice chat should work for this game? I say you should be able to talk freely to your Friend List Friends while fighting Online. There should be a Mute option, too.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MegaStoneSmash91

It would definitely be better than Brawl's use of taunts for simple communication. I'm all for voice chat, but would it require an external headset? I have one, but it seems like very few games even utilize the Gamepad's mic. Wouldn't it be perfect for this?

Beep.
That is all.

Kewlan

In every online match there could be a "Join Voice Chat" button which you can click to enter or exit the voice chat. And for the children's sake it could be locked if the parental security thing is on.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

The_Ninja

I think voice chat will be allowed only with friends, with a mute button that you can use anytime, for when your friends start yelling into the mic.
And I thought Monster Hunter and MK8 used the Gamepad's mic?

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

NinjaWaddleDee

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Perhaps the starting character roster is everyone on both boxes COMBINED. So that would be:

Mario
Link
Pit
Pikachu
Samus
Villager
Marth
Yoshi
Rosalina
Little Mac
Kirby
Peach
Donkey Kong
Wii Fit Trainer

(Also I think Sonic, Megaman, Zelda, Bowser, and Greninja may be thrown in there too, just because they were also in the Best Buy build.)

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Actually, I think the Best Buy/E3 build may be a good indication of who we're getting first in the game.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

FlaygletheBagel

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Actually, I think the Best Buy/E3 build may be a good indication of who we're getting first in the game.

That's what I really want to happen. If that's the case, the starting lineup won't be scarce by any means, but it still leaves the majority of characters to be unlockable, which in my opinion would add more longevity to the game.

If I had it my way, EVERY character would be unlockable except for one. Like you start with Mario, and then you have to unlock everyone else. I'm probably the only one who thinks that would be freaking awesome, but I stand by it!

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic