Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 12,021 to 12,040 of 27,917

MrWalkieTalkie

Possibly. I'm not too confident in it though. But i don't think he's entirely ruled out.

Like I said, Sakurai probably wants to make as little cuts as possible so I think there will be cuts, just very few, like 2 or 3 characters.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

IceClimbers

@C-Olimar I don't think we'll be getting a general Nintendo Direct for quite a while. There isn't really a need for one. Games like Bayonetta 2, Smash, and Captain Toad can get their own individual Directs. I think we'll get a Bayonetta 2 Direct, a Smash Direct (that one's inevitable), and then an amiibo Direct that talks about Captain Toad as well. Maybe a Fantasy Life Direct if we're lucky.

Basically, there's nothing to announce for a general Nintendo Direct for a while outside of Virtual Console stuff, system updates, and maybe an eShop game or two (NES Remix 3 or SNES Remix)

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haxonberik

I can't see why people were expecting Lucario to be cut. For me, he was reconfirmed when his mega evolution was announced. Ike seemed a little riskier, but I thought he'd be back anyway. The only one I actually believed would not be back and still did is Toon Link, since I asumed the train stage ment he was cut. And I could only imagine Lucas or Wolf cut if they bring someone else from their franchise to replace them, which looks less likely every day.

Edited on by Haxonberik

www.convectiongames.com

Mr_Video

@MrWalkieTalkie I get what you mean, but I think that's exactly why Charizard was chosen over Ivysaur and Squirtle. Charizard is one of the most popular Pokemon, so cutting him would've caused more backlash over cutting the other two. I can't really see Squirlte or Ivysaur coming back, considering adding them and the obligatory Jigglypuff makes seven Pokemon. That and there doesn't seem to be a very big demand for them, especially when you compare how much demand there is for Mewtwo.

Mr_Video

SparkOfSpirit

I think Mewtwo has a pretty good chance for characters who missed Brawl since he was almost in the game. I don't see a reason to not use a character with a perfectly good moveset.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eel

I just hope they balance him correctly/buff him up if he comes back though.

When Jigglypuff is 20 times better than you, you know something is wrong.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FlaygletheBagel

If the character roster gets as big as people are expecting it to be in this installment (assuming all of Brawl's vets are returning minus Squirtle, Snake, and Ivysaur (so that includes Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB, Lucas, Wolf, Ganondorf, Falco, and Wario), and assuming Ness and Jigglypuff are returning, and assuming we have two newcomers, and assuming Mewtwo is coming back, that puts us up to an even 50. I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to surprise us with a few more. Can we just appreciate how huge a roster of characters that is? That's unbelievable. Imagine how hard it will be to get the "Complete Classic Mode with all characters" challenge. My brain is melting just thinking about it.

Games I'm playing: Hotline Miami 2, Smash Wii U, GTA V, Dying Light, Resogun

Recently completed games: Hotline Miami, P.T., Shovel Knight

Games I want soon: Zelda U, The Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Everyone's Gone to the Rapture

3DS Friend Code: 5429-7042-7857 | Nintendo Network ID: AmateurSalad8

MegaStoneSmash91

I wouldn't mind seeing Mewtwo again, but I never understood why anyone wanted Roy back. If he hadn't been in Smash, I doubt people would care about him or even know who he is. It seems one of the reasons some want him back is simply because he was in Melee.

As for the roster/returning veterans discussion, pretty much everyone has said it all. The veteran I'm still looking forward to seeing most is Wario. Technically the "W" symbol and Ashley as an assist trophy don't confirm his presence, since Animal Crossing had a stage, an assist trophy, and an item with no playable character in Brawl. But, it certainly points to him, and we all know he's not going anywhere anyway. I do wonder why he hasn't been shown yet, though. Perhaps he just hasn't shown up yet, or he's getting an overhaul of some sort.

On the topic of DLC, I think Sakurai will release such jam-packed games that we won't even need DLC at all. If there's going to be some, it has to be something simple, like optional/classic stages or extra costumes. Character DLC isn't really a good idea since not everyone would be able to get their hands on it. That would mean some people simply couldn't play as some characters, whether it's lack of internet, money, or because they don't buy DLC. Still, it would be weird to buy Stage Packs and Costume Packs from the eshop. Just doesn't seem right for Smash Bros. That said, if DLC does get released, I'll be getting all of it.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Blast

How would you guys feel if Sakurai did character DLC but it was FREE? Like let's say... a free character DLC for Bayonetta or Snake or whoever gets released a good while after Smash Bros. comes out. Would you guys still feel mad cuz technically the roster is "incomplete"?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Blast wrote:

How would you guys feel if Sakurai did character DLC but it was FREE? Like let's say... a free character DLC for Bayonetta or Snake or whoever gets released a good while after Smash Bros. comes out. Would you guys still feel mad cuz technically the roster is "incomplete"?

Here's an idea. What if he crowdfunded DLC characters? Basically said "if you want these characters in, development is gonna cost this much, but once they're in, they're in for everyone."

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CaviarMeths

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Here's an idea. What if he crowdfunded DLC characters? Basically said "if you want these characters in, development is gonna cost this much, but once they're in, they're in for everyone."

Yuck.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

UGXwolf

CaviarMeths wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

Yuck.

See, I figured I'd get that kind of reaction, but I see nothing unfair about this, in its essence. It keeps them from having to split up the userbase even more by adding DLC only rooms, it pays for the development, when you've gotta know is gonna be too expensive for them to do for free, considering how much work actually goes into each character, and when paid for once, it's paid for for good. For everyone. The funders would be people dedicated to seeing the character in the game, while others that don't want to pay for the characters get them for free. They could even throw in extra skins or an alternate costume as a reward for actually paying for development.

The only problem I can foresee with this is that it's abusable. You can use it to screw the dedicated people paying for each character. Say if development for Ridley were already done, but then Sakurai set a $1M goal on Ridley being in the game because he knew Ridley fans would eat it up. The thing is, I don't see Sakurai even USING this model, let alone abusing it like that. And if he did use it without exploiting the overly keen fans, it'd be pretty awesome. We'd get DLC characters across the Smash fandom without the people that don't want them having to buy them to keep up and without the players getting further dissected to make up for all the possibilities.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

CaviarMeths

Crowdfunding DLC would be bad for both consumers and Nintendo. It's a lose-lose scenario.

• It would place risk on consumers and make a select few pay premium for content that others will get for free. Choice A: Pay $2.50 for a character, no questions asked, no strings attached. Choice B: Pay $10 for the same character, and 3 other people get it for free. Also, you may not get it at all, because risk.
  • It would undermine Nintendo's ability to profit on their own content, not to mention tie up Sakurai when he could be working on a new project or taking a well-deserved holiday. I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't be thrilled to have one of their best developers doing non-profit work for the next year or so.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

ZurrrrBlattTron

I would take DLC packs like a character, a stage, and some music or trophies I think that'll be the only way I'll be open to DLC at first

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Okay, let's make some predictions of when you think Super Smash Bros. Wii U will release. My guess, the week after the new pokemon remakes come out, so December 5th. Either way, I'm thinking late November, early December. Although my preferred release date would be early November.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Azooooz

I say between black Friday and before the end of the year.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Kewlan

I think between August 15 and December 31...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Blast

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Okay, let's make some predictions of when you think Super Smash Bros. Wii U will release. My guess, the week after the new pokemon remakes come out, so December 5th. Either way, I'm thinking late November, early December. Although my preferred release date would be early November.

Early December. Its gonna be a Christmas game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CrimsonFire

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing Mewtwo again, but I never understood why anyone wanted Roy back. If he hadn't been in Smash, I doubt people would care about him or even know who he is. It seems one of the reasons some want him back is simply because he was in Melee.

Well people like my brother mained Roy, so they were very connected with the character after using him for many years

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic