Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,941 to 11,960 of 27,917

MsJubilee

@UGXwolf Sorry but how is that a serious question?You're asking about an iconic dog that everyone hates why should he be in smash, and the only way he will be in smash is to be an assist trophy. Or just a regular trophy and i think the people who were arguing about this with you about this was just trolling you. Cause come on like you said “He's just a dog that pops up to be another way of saying whether you won or lost.” But i will say he is iconic for me whenever i played duck hunt.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MrWalkieTalkie

Not saying Duck Hunt Dog HAS to get in Smash. And not at all trying to prove you wrong or anything. I just really do feel like answering these questions, I'm in the mood.

UGXwolf wrote:

The Duck Hunt Dog doesn't even have an official name.

Neither does Villager or Wii Fit Trainer

UGXwolf wrote:

What does he represent? What is his purpose?

He represents failure, and the humility that comes with it. He's there to remind you that you are a huge failure, have you seen that laugh of his?

But also, I guess he would mainly represent the many unique peripherals Nintendo has made in the past, Duck Hunt Dog representing the Zapper.

UGXwolf wrote:

And why does he deserve a spot?

Who honestly really deserves a spot when you think about it? Characters are chosen for Smash based on what Sakurai thinks would work best.

UGXwolf wrote:

What would he do as a fighter?

I imagine he would greatly rely on the Zapper gun and use the Ducks to help him recover and such.

UGXwolf wrote:

What would define his style, and perhaps most importantly, what defines his personality? Every character is oozing with personality in their animations and movesets and even their physical abilities, but what defines DHD?

I imagine he'd end up like Pit, or Mr. Game & Watch, or Ice Climbers in which he'll develop a personality based on Sakurai's revisions. Characters like those honestly never really had much personality to begin with, but when Sakurai decided to bring them back after years of being dormant, they really popped with a wonderful new sense of style and personality that Sakurai has created for them.

So in the end, I'm personally not crazy over the idea of Duck Hunt Dog, but I definitely wouldn't mind his inclusion, I'd have no problem with it at all. In fact, I think I'd love it a lot. But I do think he'd make a great addition to Smash. While he may not have a personality or sense of fighting style now, he could with enough of Sakurai's creativity. Plus, I'd love it if his taunt would be pointing at the screen and doing his signature laugh at my opponents.
Untitled

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

MsJubilee

Damn now i want the dog from duck hunt to be in smash bros, as an assist trophy. Imagine you just summon him and he just laughs at you and leaves.Maybe it might make people punch the screen because of it.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintenbomba64

The 8 Reps I Want:
1.Isaac
2.Chibi-Robo
3.Ridley
4.Mach Rider
5.Lip (Panel de Pon)
6.Shulk
7.Excitebiker
8.Donbe (Shin Onigashima)

Edited on by Nintenbomba64

3DS FRIEND CODE: 0834-3222-4994

Nintendo Network ID: Nintenbomba64

Nintenbomba64

UGXwolf wrote:

The Duck Hunt Dog doesn't even have an official name.

His Name Is Actually Mr. Peepers.

Edited on by Nintenbomba64

Eel

Mr Game and Watch, Robot, Pokemon trainer, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Ice Climber, Villager...

Super official personal names.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MasterWario

If we put in a character that we'd have to make up a moveset outta very little, I'd say it'd have to be Groose.

My top two reps:
King K. Rool
Shulk

the other four (or however) can be what ever the heck they want.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Nintenbomba64

Morphbug wrote:

Mr Game and Watch, Robot, Pokemon trainer, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Ice Climber...

Super official personal names.

The pink Ice Climber is called Nana while the blue one is Popo.

Eel

Oh that's right.

I'm not sure if they are called by their names in this game (maybe during their cheering?), but scratch those off the list.

Anyway, not that I want that dog as a playable character, but having a character simply called "Dog" wouldn't be exactly out of place in smash.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Nintenbomba64

Morphbug wrote:

Oh that's right.

I'm not sure if they are called by their names in this game (maybe during their cheering?), but scratch those off the list.

Anyway, not that I want that dog as a playable character, but having a character simply called "Dog" wouldn't be exactly out of place in smash.

Look @ one of my recent comments

The_Ninja

We need a Duck Hunt stage for both versions, with him appearing in the background. I don't really want him playable, but he could be that or a stage hazard.

And what about PETA? Because they would love it if a bounty hunter and a plumber started beating up a dog.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

Eel

Wouldn't the hazard of a duck hunt stage be the hunter?

It sounds pretty violent already

Imagine it, not only dead ducks falling from the sky, but some humans and rare animals getting shot too while a dog laughs at you for getting shot.

I bet Fox and Falco would hate the stage.

It must be the page number acting it's magic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Nintenbomba64

a hazard can be the ducks coz some of 'em might carry items
as they fly into the sky and you can hit them to make 'em fall
down like the balloons in the
animal crossing stage.

The_Ninja

Morphbug wrote:

Wouldn't the hazard of a duck hunt stage be the hunter?

I didn't say he would be the hazard, just appearing in the background, doing his thing.

And inetead of ducks getting shot, wouldn't the players be? Unless PETA has issues with Pikachu getting shot, I don't see why not.

Edited on by The_Ninja

The_Ninja

3DS Friend Code: 1891-2599-4796

DefHalan

I just want Krystal from Star Fox. As long as all my mains are still in, which most are already, I just want Krystal

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

IceClimbers

Well I certainly caused an odd discussion over Duck Hunt Dog. Would be interesting to see. Also reminded me of this:

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

C-Olimar

IceClimbers wrote:

Well I certainly caused an odd discussion over Duck Hunt Dog. Would be interesting to see. Also reminded me of this:

Awesome music that.
Also page 666 Spooky...

C-Olimar

UGXwolf

Wewt! Page 666 hype!

As per the DHD discussion, I agree he deserves SOME rep in this game. I just don't feel like he needs to be playable.

@MrWalkieTalkie Mostly all good points, but one problem. ROB already represents the unique and interesting peripherals quite well. I don't see a need to throw DHD in because he doesn't appear to bring anything new or interesting, like Ice Climbers, Game&Watch, and ROB all managed to do. That said, yes, the generic name thing is actually a moot point, although, @Morphbug ROB is his official name. It's not short for robot. It's actually short for Robotic Operating Buddy. However, his name is ROB all the same. Not entirely relevant, but that was bugging me.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MonocledMetroid

UGXwolf wrote:

Wewt! Page 666 hype!

As per the DHD discussion, I agree he deserves SOME rep in this game. I just don't feel like he needs to be playable.

@MrWalkieTalkie Mostly all good points, but one problem. ROB already represents the unique and interesting peripherals quite well. I don't see a need to throw DHD in because he doesn't appear to bring anything new or interesting, like Ice Climbers, Game&Watch, and ROB all managed to do. That said, yes, the generic name thing is actually a moot point, although, @Morphbug ROB is his official name. It's not short for robot. It's actually short for Robotic Operating Buddy. However, his name is ROB all the same. Not entirely relevant, but that was bugging me.

He's actually just called Robot in Japan.

MonocledMetroid

UGXwolf

@MonocledMetroid The More You Know~

I suppose the pun doesn't work well in Japanese, and honestly, he was intended to catch the eye of the American audience, anyway, since the US was where games were failing hardcore.

@DestinyMan That's pretty much what I've been assuming all year.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic