Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,921 to 11,940 of 27,917

TeeJay

If they bring Lucas back, they would have officially brought back all my mains and I would be able to die happy. But alas, I have low hopes for him. They were raised just a tad when Lucina was announced, though. Her existance (along with Toon Link's, my other main) prove that clones do have a chance.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

NintendoFan64

PKpunky wrote:

The Mother universe should get one of their antagonists as a character.

At least bring Lucas back.

I would love a third Mother character (even if the chances are a little low...), like the Masked Man. But if we just get Ness and Lucas, oh well.There's always Smash 5.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

LzWinky

IceClimbers wrote:

Kinda odd that Axew was included instead of Haxorus. By the way, those filler spots can be easily filled with actual characters you know

Could happen, but otherwise there is no concrete evidence

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Tsuchinoko

NintendoFan64 wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

I would love a third Mother character (even if the chances are a little low...), like the Masked Man. But if we just get Ness and Lucas, oh well.There's always Smash 5.

Or a really creative batch of DLC.

3DS FC - 1547-6126-3842 Largate de mi casa!!
Mother 3 fan. It's an amazing game. 糸井さん、こんな素敵なゲームを作ってくれてありがとう!

NintendoFan64

Tsuchinoko wrote:

NintendoFan64 wrote:

PKpunky wrote:

Or a really creative batch of DLC.

I didn't think of that.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

UGXwolf

Wario,Ganondorf, Ness, Jigglypuff, Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Falco or Wolf, and let's just throw a newcomer in for fun. I don't think anyone believes we won't at LEAST fill up those eight blank spaces, but they don't actually mean anything. They're just there.

But just for fun and speculation, I'm gonna say this actually means something and we'll get one more page after this, making 54 slots, counting Miis as one space because that's how they are on the website.

Let's assume all eight of the above are in. That's 45. We need nine more. Let's go ahead and pull in the rest of the Brawl vets, leaving out only Squirle and Ivysaur. Because technically, Snake SHOULD come back, but licensing might make that difficult so we all think he's out. That's Lucas, ROB, and Snake, We need six newcomers to fill that page. Let's assume Shulk is in because why not? I'm gonna say Mewtwo is playable, but Ridley is not. So where should I give those last four slots? King K. Rool is one of my favorites for the game and Krystal, too. And why not? Paper Mario and Ghirahim. There. Speculation funs and stuffs.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Haxonberik

My shot at the last 6 newcomers (if there were that many)? I'd say Shulk, a RH rep (most likely Marshall/Chorus Kids), Dixie Kong, Krystal, Paper Mario, and Isaac. That said, I only consider the first 3 actually pretty likely.

www.convectiongames.com

SparkOfSpirit

If there were six more newcomers I'd guess: Shulk, Marshal, Dixie Kong, Isaac, King K. Rool, and Ridley

I don't really know who would be more likely at this point.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Eel

I'd want...

The Munchy Monk, N with Pokemon assists as his attacks and maybe even Jimmy T with dancing moves.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

Why aren't Mega Man's other forms used in his Final Smash just alternate outfits for Mega Man????? Then again... that would take alotta work.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

bloody_velvet

I really can't wait to customize movesets, I think that'll be a great addition to the game. It'll be fun to try them all out. Can't wait to hear more about this.

Nintendo4life! 3DS FC: 4167-5841-4337 add me. Nintendo Network: ALANZH

Twitter:

MrWalkieTalkie

For 6 reps I'd choose:

Marshal (Rhythm Heaven)
Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo)
Isa Jo / Kachi (Sin & Punishment)

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

MrWalkieTalkie

Blast wrote:

Why aren't Mega Man's other forms used in his Final Smash just alternate outfits for Mega Man????? Then again... that would take alotta work.

They're taller than normal Mega Man and not all of them fight exactly like normal Mega Man.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

Eel

Mega man is very special in the way he moves, like Wario. And his proportions are also very chibi.

Just setting those other mega men as alternate skins without modifying the character would look rather bad.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

IceClimbers

For the 6 reps:

King K Rool
Shulk
Isaac
Ridley
Duck Hunt Dog
Hades

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MegaStoneSmash91

Awesome Pic of the Day! I love Beat. I'm assuming he's an up-special move replacing Rush Coil. In the later games, Beat would help Mega Man if he fell into a hole, and this probably controls similar to Villager's Balloons. And I wonder how Plant Barrier will differ from Leaf Shield. It's one of the less useful shield-type weapons in the Classic series, so hopefully it isn't like that here. Can't wait to see what other weapons might show up.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

UGXwolf

So here's a serious question. I hear people joke about the Duck Hunt Dog often, some even seriously saying he should or probably will be in, but I have to ask, "why?" Usually the answer I get it because he's a wacky retro rep and there always seems to be one... but does there? Game & Watch, sure. ROB, sure. But these characters really hold a major place in gaming history. The Duck Hunt Dog doesn't even have an official name. He's just a dog that pops up to be another way of saying whether you won or lost. I feel like people "want" him in or would add him, rather, because it fits the pattern and not because he actually brings something to the table that we'd be lesser for missing. What does he represent? What is his purpose? And why does he deserve a spot? What would he do as a fighter? What would define his style, and perhaps most importantly, what defines his personality? Every character is oozing with personality in their animations and movesets and even their physical abilities, but what defines DHD? I don't know. Just something I remember picking up that each character represents something or was intended to bring something new to the game. Is it so weird for me to question the validity of adding characters because they suit a pattern and not because they should be in?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

SparkOfSpirit

I like seeing Beat, but its lame that Mega Man can get Beat, but Mario can't get the Mario Tornado back. :/

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic