Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - OT

Posts 11,961 to 11,980 of 27,917

CrimsonFire

I wanted to think there would be 2 more reveal videos, but being so close to release, I think there's only going to be one left. I have a feeling the last reveal video will announce more than one new character though.

Nintendo6400

DestinyMan wrote:

It's funny how Meta Knight was revealed this week instead of Ganondorf, with the Hyrule Warriors Japanese release being today. That's just fine, because it might be a sign that Ganondorf has changes that may need to be better explained than in a Pic of the Day. I still feel that Sakurai may have finally realized that we had caught up to him about the Japanese release character reveals.

You know, I had a feeling that ganondorf wouldn't get announced. He probably won't get announced before the release. It's a secret to everyone.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

CrimsonFire

Nintendo6400 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

It's funny how Meta Knight was revealed this week instead of Ganondorf, with the Hyrule Warriors Japanese release being today. That's just fine, because it might be a sign that Ganondorf has changes that may need to be better explained than in a Pic of the Day. I still feel that Sakurai may have finally realized that we had caught up to him about the Japanese release character reveals.

You know, I had a feeling that ganondorf wouldn't get announced. He probably won't get announced before the release. It's a secret to everyone.

That's very possible, but if they change his moveset, I think they'll announce him before release.

LzWinky

How often has Sakurai revealed a character in lieu of a major game release? I think I remember...one?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blast

Sooo.... is DLC a possibility for this game? Would Sakurai and the fans be okay with DLC? But wouldn't character DLC and even stage DLC be a slippery slope?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CrimsonFire

Blast wrote:

Sooo.... is DLC a possibility for this game? Would Sakurai and the fans be okay with DLC? But wouldn't character DLC and even stage DLC be a slippery slope?

I'd be okay with stage DLC, not so much character.

LzWinky

I'm not holding my breath for character DLC

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

DestinyMan wrote:

@WaLzgi: There were five: Olimar, Toon Link, Zelda, King Dedede, and Diddy Kong. Olimar and Toon Link were announced on the Japanese releases of their new games. Zelda was announced on the Japanese release of A Link Between Worlds after it had release everywhere else in the world. Dedede was announced the day before Kirby: Triple Deluxe's Japanese release and Diddy was announced on the Western release of DKC: Tropical Freeze.

Ah I see, I forgot about those

MrWalkieTalkie

And Sonic was announced like a week or 2 before the release of Sonic Lost World, right?

Even though he was announced pretty early compared to the release date of his game, his reveal back in the October 2013 Direct was used entirely to advertise Sonic Lost World and Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

LzWinky

Forget Ganondorf. I want Wario!

TuVictus

I definitely wouldn't mind reasonable DLC. If there was DLC for a stage editor, assuming there isn't one, that'd be great. Character DLC is too much, I think, because that would require rebalancing which would mean Sakurai would be stuck on Smash for years to come and I really doubt he wants to work on these games anymore than he has to

TuVictus

Nintendo6400

CrimsonFire wrote:

Nintendo6400 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

That's very possible, but if they change his moveset, I think they'll announce him before release.

You know, I actually got use to a slow captain falcon and have come to enjoy it. Of course I want Ganon to get a new moveset, but I kinda still want the the slow CF clone. So that's why I think Black Shadow should join the battle, but only if Ganon gets a new moveset.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

LzWinky

Operative wrote:

I definitely wouldn't mind reasonable DLC. If there was DLC for a stage editor, assuming there isn't one, that'd be great. Character DLC is too much, I think, because that would require rebalancing which would mean Sakurai would be stuck on Smash for years to come and I really doubt he wants to work on these games anymore than he has to

I just don't see Sakurai doing DLC in general. He seems to want to give the complete package at once

JunkosBoobies

I have a feeling we're getting two more reveal trailers. One in a direct announcing a ton of veterans (Like Ness, Jigglypuff, Wario, Falco, etc.) and one newcomer. Then the other being seperate, having one veteran and one newcomer, and anything else we'll know about when the 3DS Version releases in Japan.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Eel

It would be nice if they save Wario for the last reveal/don't reveal him at all. He would go from "revealed on the first trailer of brawl" to "one of the last characters you'll meet in Smash 4".

Kinda like Jigglypuff in Brawl. It went from first super easy unlockable character to super hidden in the subspace emissary's after game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Yoshi

I'm only expecting one more character reveal. There has to be a hidden roster, which will likely contain at least 8 characters.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

NintendoFan64

Yeah...I think that it's just one more reveal. Either Shulk or some other guy we don't know about. We'll just have to wait and see.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

I am perfectly fine with DLC, but most likely it would just be skins, maybe characters (but I know some people would be upset with that). I don't think there will be stage DLC cause of the online side of Smash. How would online work with DLC Stages? If everyone in the match has it, then it might pop up? If not everyone in the match has it no one gets to play it? Are the people with the DLC separated from those without? I don't think they would allow people who didn't purchase the DLC to play with the DLC (like some people here have suggested before). Stages would be difficult. Characters would have to be balanced but some would still say DLC characters are OP. Skins wouldn't interest me at all but I know some people would buy them and Skins wouldn't negatively affect anyone.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

retropunky

I just hope the stage builder returns. There has to be more characters that probably won't be revealed.

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic