Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,409

Extreeeme

I just want this game but... with online multiplayer! PLEASE

Extreeeme

Twitter:

Big_L91

i dont really see the appeal of online multiplayer in a mario game. playing with family and friends is one thing but having your experience limited by other random players running ahead, getting in your way and stealing power ups would be frustrating to me. i mean fair enough you may want to challenge other people times and scores, but thats what the mii ghosts and leaderboards are for. i just dont see the point of online multiplayer in a mario game and neither does nintendo.

put it on.

Extreeeme

Big_L91 wrote:

i dont really see the appeal of online multiplayer in a mario game. playing with family and friends is one thing but having your experience limited by other random players running ahead, getting in your way and stealing power ups would be frustrating to me. i mean fair enough you may want to challenge other people times and scores, but thats what the mii ghosts and leaderboards are for. i just dont see the point of online multiplayer in a mario game and neither does nintendo.

Glups, sorry. I do see the point, I'd love to challenge in Mario games as I do challenge people in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Extreeeme

Twitter:

Mickey

Big_L91 wrote:

On the other hand: You could play with some of your Wii U friends from around the world and have a blast.

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

JonnyKong

Yup exactly, I don't see why you can't play with your friends online who are on your friends list. Just a wasted and frustrating opportunity really.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

CM30

Nice videos and artwork! I hope the trend of 'new boss every world' continues to be honest, I'd love to see it turn out that the next six or seven worlds don't just repeat Bowser and Boom Boom over and over again (which based on the screenshots, they likely won't).

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Blast

WebHead wrote:

This is gonna be the game that sells Wii Us during December...to lead into the 2014 comeback year.

Agreed fully.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DudeSean

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

Luigi and Toad with a shell and crown
Untitled

Looks like someone doesn't have much respect for the Year of Luigi...

It's a harbinger. Toad is kicking a shell at Luigi to signify that the year of Luigi is almost over and that the Year of Toad is about to begin.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

GamecubeMan

Is it just me or do the graphics in the newest trailers look a lot better than the E3 Direct trailer?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

CM30

Mega Man as playable is exactly what I thought when I saw the fourth icon above. Probably won't ever happen though.

I'm a bit skeptical of the first one being Rosalina though to be honest. I mean, look at the other character icons. They're the character's face/next/chest in a circle, not just their face directly on the background. That doesn't look like a character icon at all to be honest.

P.S. The Mega Man like face is likely not the Toad Captain guy as some people imagine it to be. Why? Here's why:

Untitled

He appears as playable in these levels, but his icon is merely Toad's icon, not a special one.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Snagrio

The fourth icon might be Rosalina's old home. You know, that little planetoid where you first meet her in Galaxy.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

WebHead

....maybe if you collect all the green stars, you unlock special worlds or something as well as Rosalina as a playable character ???

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

luke17

I still can't get used to the name "3D World". Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1-2 were all "3D world" games....so it seems pointless and boring. It's not something that jumps out at you. I doubt anyone is going to hear the name and think "OH WOW a Mario game that takes place in a 3D world??? How cool and novel!" Nintendo has a serious issue naming things...cough Wii U cough, or anything with "New" in the title. Guess what? The game isn't "new" anymore!

Edited on by luke17

luke17

Ryno

luke17 wrote:

I still can't get used to the name "3D World". Super Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy 1-2 were all "3D world" games....so it seems pointless and boring. It's not something that jumps out at you. I doubt anyone is going to hear the name and think "OH WOW a Mario game that takes place in a 3D world??? How cool and novel!" Nintendo has a serious issue naming things...cough Wii U cough, or anything with "New" in the title. Guess what? The game isn't "new" anymore!

This made my laugh. Not that it is a big deal in the grand scheme of things but if I could pile on for a moment I would like to add that I think its silly to have 3D in the title when stereoscopic 3D is not an option. What else has 3D in the title but isn't stereoscopic 3D or require the use the cool red and green 3D glasses? I'm excited for this game but the name is lame and the white boxart background is plain.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Big_L91

Ryno wrote:

luke17 wrote:

This made my laugh. Not that it is a big deal in the grand scheme of things but if I could pile on for a moment I would like to add that I think its silly to have 3D in the title when stereoscopic 3D is not an option. What else has 3D in the title but isn't stereoscopic 3D or require the use the cool red and green 3D glasses? I'm excited for this game but the name is lame and the white boxart background is plain.

i think it does make perfect sense really its a sequel to the handheld game 3d land.... this home console game is 3d world. it does what it says on the tin. also if youve played 3d land youll probably have noticed that it was basicly taking all the elements of the 2d games and converting them into 3d gameplay. same again here, its a 3d super mario world.

put it on.

dumedum

It's a terrible name. But then again so is NSMB Wii and that game is still selling and was such a success, so Nintendo knows things about which names sell.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.