Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World - OT

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,409

Blast

@DestinyMan Oh my gosh... Thats beautiful

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

WebHead

I can't wait to play as peach. Bowser always capturing her has gotten pretty old. I think I'll beat the 8 worlds by beating 2 worlds with each character.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DreamyViridi

@DestinyMan - Well, 3D Land has a pretty cool chase for its Final Boss. Maybe we'll get something similar to that.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

CM30

I'm hoping for no more giant Bowser too.

Indeed, you know what else I'm hoping for? An exciting boss battle which is actually a fight and not a chase sequence. Maybe have it so you fight Bowser in arena 1 for a bit, then chase him to another part of the castle, then continue fighting (with a new strategy), etc. Make something truly epic for the final boss here Nintendo.

Maybe a bit like this:

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

JonnyKong

Much like in the two Galaxy games in how you fight Bowser the same way, but three separate times with each occasion getting a bit harder, I guess this game will be the same. So as we've already seen footage of him attacking us in his car, the vehicle is surely gonna be used in some way in the final fight too.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

JonnyKong

Major apologies if this has already been discussed, but I noticed on the newest trailer Peach having to float over to get a green star, through those two moving gates.

Are the other three gonna be able to jump such a long distance?

If not, then I can only assume some levels have green stars that can only be required by specific characters.

Or not, I'm sure Mario can use his long jump..

Happy_Mask

@CM30 you do realize you just described the final battle in sticker star?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Mickey

Real quote from Miyamoto from the interview:

I would add that women have a sexy cat-side and I wanted to see what would a cat Peach ( laughs ).

Miyamoto, even though you're technically speaking Japanese, I think you're speaking my language...

Formerly MickeyTheGreat and MickMick. Now I'm Mickey again!

The Mousekeloggery

Nintendo Network ID: MickeyTheGreat

JonnyKong

It's no problem DM, or shall I call you Plessie

JoyBoy

Like in the interview, I never understood how people see Mario 64 as an "open-world game".

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

CM30

Longforgotten wrote:

Like in the interview, I never understood how people see Mario 64 as an "open-world game".

Because it's more open than the other 3D Mario games. Sunshine? People like to say it's open, but it's honestly more linear than 64, with you being forced to beat all seven missions in order in each 'world' to unlock the final level. Galaxy? Levels lost the sandbox feel and ability to go far off the beaten path.

Obviously it's not as open as say, GTA or Skyrim or Zelda or Pokemon, but people call it open world because it's more open and less linear than the other 3D Mario titles.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

JonnyKong

I don't think showing off the 'blow into the gamepad' mechanic is really the best way to be advertising the Wii U's unique abilities, but nm.

JoyBoy

[quote=CM30]

Longforgotten wrote:

"Because it's more open than the other 3D Mario games. Sunshine? People like to say it's open, but it's honestly more linear than 64, with you being forced to beat all seven missions in order in each 'world' to unlock the final level. Galaxy? Levels lost the sandbox feel and ability to go far off the beaten path."

Ok interesting, because it certainly didn't feel that way to me, I would have to play it again. I guess I just really liked that "open-do whatever you want" area at the beach. Also all the levels looked more spacious to me, well that is what I remember anyway. Off topic: Just looked at some sunshine gameplay... Oh how I missed that fast-paced gameplay

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

JoyBoy

Man, that first commercial looks very exciting.

SW-7849-9887-2074

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.