Wii U Forum

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Showing 761 to 780 of 1,618

AuthorMessage

Musterd

761. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Remember when they said that this game is going to be the "Grand Culmination" of Mario games? I'm really starting to believe that now. I think It's showing every Mario title some love.

And even Mario Kart, with Bowser's new car!

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

762. Posted:

Super Mario Galaxy 3 teaser is already among us!!!!!

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

763. Posted:

@CapnPancakes: That's what I thought too. Bowser's amusement park up there reminds me of Dr. Eggman's from Sonic Colors.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

764. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

@CapnPancakes: That's what I thought too. Bowser's amusement park up there reminds me of Dr. Eggman's from Sonic Colors.

Also the area with the cat Bullet Bills where Mario walks on a glowing path looks VERY similar to the speed paths in Starlight Carnival.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Austroid

765. Posted:

I was honestly taken by surprise with the new trailer; it just got me hooked! All the new power-ups and everything they showed, changed my initial reaction at E3 from "meh" to "OH WOW THIS LOOKS FANTASITC!1!"

The only power-ups missing from it to make me even more excited are the Cape Feather and Frog Suit! :P

Also, the similarities between SM3DW (Bowser's Space Carnival) and Lost World (Galaxy-esque level design), really makes me wish for a true cross-over game with the two franchises!

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
“Those of us who love Nintendo know that no matter what’s going on in our lives, we can always count on these games to deliver fun and great gameplay; because it’s Nintendo.” -Reggie Fils-Aime

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

766. Posted:

I too share the initial 'MEH' E3 reaction to "OMGZ I must have this along with a Galactic Fry Guy Christmas Space twinkie this Nov!" BUT...i just wish they would of scrapped some of the music they borrowed that they lightly remixed from 3D Land. I can't stand it when each game borrows music from the next. NSMB is the worst offender...

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
NES FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Austroid

767. Posted:

@WaveBoy I agree about the music. It seems like we haven't heard brand-new, catchy Mario music in a long time.

Koji Kondo needs to get back in the game!

The most recent ones I can think of are the main Galaxy theme and the "Wa-wa" theme from the NSMB. (The "Wa-wa" theme... man its like an permanent ear-worm now.)

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
“Those of us who love Nintendo know that no matter what’s going on in our lives, we can always count on these games to deliver fun and great gameplay; because it’s Nintendo.” -Reggie Fils-Aime

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

cookiex

768. Posted:

Kondo and his co-composer on Galaxy are doing the music this time, so...

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

769. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

@WaveBoy I agree about the music. It seems like we haven't heard brand-new, catchy Mario music in a long time.

The most recent ones I can think of are main Galaxy theme and the "Wa-wa" theme from the NSMB. (The "Wa-wa" theme... man its like an permanent ear-worm now.)

have you not heard the 3d world theme on the trailers it sounds amazing!
plus ive heard good things about this games soundtrack in general. very jazzy aparently.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

770. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

The most recent ones I can think of are main Galaxy theme and the "Wa-wa" theme from the NSMB. (The "Wa-wa" theme... man its like an permanent ear-worm now.)

have you not heard the 3d world theme on the trailers it sounds amazing!
plus ive heard good things about this games soundtrack in general. very jazzy aparently.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

771. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

Also, the similarities between SM3DW (Bowser's Space Carnival) and Lost World (Galaxy-esque level design), really makes me wish for a true cross-over game with the two franchises!

I find that peculiar too. Plus, there is a third Sonic game yet to be announced besides Lost World and the Olympic title, so maybe, just maybe, that'll be the long awaited crossover that isn't sports related?

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

772. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Kondo and his co-composer on Galaxy are doing the music this time, so...

Mahito Yokota is the name of the co-composer, I believe. He was the one mostly behind the orchestral music in Super Mario Galaxy, so 3D World will have a wonderful soundtrack. For the record, I do like the jazzy music in 3D Land.

Rise and shine with the Captain!
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

773. Posted:

Wait what tracks are being reused? The music sounds brand new to me...

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Big_L91

774. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

it is, i dont know what there talking about either.

put it on.

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

775. Posted:

Seeing gameplay videos, I know that the castle theme from 3D Land returns in 3D World. However, the theme is remixed and it sounds great. If there's any more 'reused' music, they're most likely remixed. A fair bit of the music is indeed new from what I've heard.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Lucina confirmed for Smash Bros.!

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

KingDunsparce

776. Posted:

Yeah, I've never played 3D Land, but the music in 3D World sounds new and amazing to me! :P
@WingedFish For a while, I thought the 3 exclusives were Sonic Lost World Wii U, Sonic Lost World 3DS, and Olympics. That isn't the case correct? The Sonic Lost Worlds are the same? A Sonic and Mario crossover would be awesome! :3

Edited on by KingDunsparce

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P
Behold: My Sparceloggery
Needs more Dunsparce. Much better

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

AuthorMessage

CM30

777. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

They remix the Princess Peach's Castle/Tick Tock Clock/Rainbow Ride music from Mario 64 again:

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

778. Posted:

Yeah the 3D Mario games have always had retro remixes in its games somewhere.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Warruz

779. Posted:

Have they spoke yet on the end game for this Mario? Traditional Mario's have star world, while the past galaxy games had not only star world but green stars for each world.

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

780. Posted:

Well it is a sequel to 3D Land, so maybe they'll do something similar here...

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.