Forums

Topic: Super Mario 3D World

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,459

Blast

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Red_XIII Very good point. I agree. But I lump LOU in with the "dudebro" games because it honestly is that in my opinion. Not that its anywhere near GTA V mind you but it's so over rated and just another 3rd person Zombie shooter. Nothing different from anything else I've seen. It's story is good but it's not this heavenly orchestrated plot like many people claim it is. It's nothing special.

But this is all personal opinion. I'm sure people have their reasons for loving it. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Agreed fully but I will also say that Last of Us did have great voice acting.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Red_XIII

Well, on topic to Mario 3D World, how many players can be in multiplayer?
Oh, and since this GOTY debate is so juicy, lets give it its own thread.

Red_XIII

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

BenAV

I was pretty annoyed when it was announced that the new 3D Mario game for the Wii U was a 3D Land sequel, but I've gradually become more excited for this, and it's probably the game I'm looking forward to most at the moment.
Four player multiplayer all launch day is going to be awesome fun.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Knux

I pre-ordered this game on Amazon today. Even though it's a sequel to 3D Land (a Mario game that I have very mixed feelings about), it looks promising. I'll be cautiously optimistic about this one and see what happens.

Knux

Jampie

Miss_Dark wrote:

Anyone else who is doomed to play this game all alone? My friends don't play videogames. Kinda scared that it's especially aiming at multiplayer.

I'll probably have to play this by myself too most of the time and will probably only have someone to play with 1-3 times a month. LOL.

Well according to Iwata Asks,
Motokura: "Yes. Being able to choose from among four characters to play a multiplayer mode is a big part of Super Mario 3D World, but the primary concept was to make sure that a single person could get full enjoyment from it. Multiplayer mode certainly offers the enjoyment that arises from people playing together, but we definitely wanted to avoid it being lackluster for single players."
Hayashida: "Everyone on the staff paid a lot of attention to that. During test play, I always played alone, six or seven times to the ending, and I'm still not tired of it at all."
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/super-mario-3...

So I'm sure it'd be fine playing alone too!

Edited on by Jampie

MiiverseBackloggeryColors! Gallery
Peach Pink 2DS FC: 3110 - 6005 - 7552 // NNID: Emilyssa
AC:NL Dream Address: 5...

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0320-5871 | Nintendo Network ID: Jampie | Twitter:

suburban_sensei

Thought I was going to have to wait for Christmas for this, but today my Fiance broke the news that she pre-ordered it for me on Amazon. I am SO excited to check this game out, as 3D Land is one of my favorite 3DS titles. I think the fact her and I can play together is appealing to her, even if she's not a gamer, she has fun with the Mario games.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

shingi_70

Miss_Dark wrote:

Anyone else who is doomed to play this game all alone? My friends don't play videogames. Kinda scared that it's especially aiming at multiplayer.

I am but I'm cool with it as I like single player Mario more.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

BenAV

I'm sure it'll be fine as a single player experience.
I'll be going to a friend's house on launch day for four player multi, but I'll also be getting my own copy and playing through the whole game solo.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

SomeBitTripFan

I might be able to play with my sister, but even then, I have the feeling I'll be playing by myself for the most part. When we attempt to play New Super Mario Brothers Wii, she always gets mad with me because I have a tendency to kill her by complete accident e.g. jumping on her head so she falls into a fatal trap, punching her through a gate and into a hole, throwing her into pits (by accident please note) and, when holding her, having her just to where she'll hit a trap but I won't. We instead end up playing Wii Party. /moans

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AlternateButtons

I'm an only child, so I'll probably be playing this alone 95% of the time. I'm not worried at all! Still looks fun for a single player experience.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

BenAV

@SomeBitTripFan Sure sure... "accident".

For a single player experience, I'm not expecting it to match the awesomeness of the Galaxy games, but it's looking like a lot more fun than 3D Land based on the trailers, and 3D Land was pretty fun.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

SomeBitTripFan

BenAV wrote:

@SomeBitTripFan Sure sure... "accident".

They actually are accidents. I'm usually trying to keep her alive, but we've switched to bubble abuse recently.

BenAV wrote:

For a single player experience, I'm not expecting it to match the awesomeness of the Galaxy games, but it's looking like a lot more fun than 3D World based on the trailers, and 3D World was pretty fun.

What the what...?

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

BenAV

Whoops, not enough sleep.
Fixed now.

BenAV

JonnyKong

93% in Official Nintendo Magazine..

Apparently there's "quite a bit" to do post game completion.

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

BenAV

That's always a good thing.
My biggest complaint about Super Mario 3D Land is probably that it didn't take long to 100% it.

BenAV

JonnyKong

BenAV wrote:

That's always a good thing.
My biggest complaint about Super Mario 3D Land is probably that it didn't take long to 100% it.

Really?

Completing all levels through 16 worlds with both Mario and Luigi was no short feat. At least not in my eyes anyway.

BenAV

@JonnyKong Well my playtime was about 20 hours.
I guess that's not too bad, but considering I did it over like a couple of days, there wasn't really much challenge to it and half of it was just playing the same levels over with a different character (which I just spedrun to make it a bit more interesting), it felt a little lacking to me.

BenAV

JonnyKong

I'm gonna bet that once you complete 3d World, different challenges will appear on the levels such as the speed runs we've already seen in videos, a bit like the comets on the Galaxy games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic