Forums

Topic: Star Fox Zero - OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,588

Joeynator3000

DefHalan wrote:

@Peek-a-boo: I have at least played the game (at E3) so I have an opinion about it. I haven't played those other games so I cannot say that they deserve GotY.

@Megumi: People are taking my joke very serious, so serious that I have added in my signature that Star Fox Zero GotY 2015 = Joke.

.....That doesn't explain why the page is messed up. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DefHalan

@Blast: I love the Star Fox series and what I played at E3 was a lot of fun. I was even playing Star Fox 64 3D while in line before playing Zero. I am fine with the delay as long as it is a good game. I don't like what people will say about the Wii U or the game over a game delay but there isn't anything I can do about it lol. I am just surprised how many people got upset at my joke lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SuperWiiU

Megumi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

@Peek-a-boo: I have at least played the game (at E3) so I have an opinion about it. I haven't played those other games so I cannot say that they deserve GotY.

@Megumi: People are taking my joke very serious, so serious that I have added in my signature that Star Fox Zero GotY 2015 = Joke.

That's because of DefHalan's signature.

DefHalan

Megumi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

People are taking my joke very serious, so serious that I have added in my signature that Star Fox Zero GotY 2015 = Joke.

Oh, you mean literally messed up lol. I don't know. Looks fine to me

DefHalan

SuperWiiU wrote:

Megumi wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

That's because of DefHalan's signature.

Somehow, I constantly break this site with my signature.

Offspring

Blast wrote:

People who aren't genuinely excited for Star Fox Zero... Get out.
People who wanna keep trashing the delay even though that means the game will ultimately be better... Get out.

Posts like this make you look incredibly childish and thin-skinned. People can share their opinions about the game and delay no matter what it is. If you disagree, tell them why they're wrong or get out.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Joeynator3000

......lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Peek-a-boo

OlicityBlows wrote:

Posts like this make you look incredibly childish and thin-skinned. People can share their opinions about the game and delay, no matter what it is. If you disagree, tell them why they're wrong or get out.

Your post improves tenfold if you read it with Walter mark-it-zero Sobchak's voice in mind!

I think there is an even balance of positivity and negativity with Star Fox Zero so far, and I thoroughly hope the delay balances things more so in the positivity end of the scales.

Peek-a-boo

Blast

OlicityBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

People who wanna keep trashing the delay even though that means the game will ultimately be better... Get out.

Posts like this make you look incredibly childish and thin-skinned. People can share their opinions about the game and delay no matter what it is. If you disagree, tell them why they're wrong or get out.

... IT WAS A JOKE. J. O. K. E. I said long ago that when you don't have any 3rd party support then you can't afford to delay your 1st party games!!! Jeez. I know its the Internet but c'mon... You missed my sarcasm in that comment.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

DefHalan

Blast wrote:

OlicityBlows wrote:

Blast wrote:

... IT WAS A JOKE. J. O. K. E. I said long ago that when you don't have any 3rd party support then you can't afford to delay your 1st party games!!! Jeez. I know its the Internet but c'mon... You missed my sarcasm in that comment.

I know how you feel lol

Storytime7

The delay is a good thing if it means a better game in the long run. I'm actually glad it was delayed because now I don't have as many games to focus on before everything else gets pushed to the side when XCX releases. It's unfortunate for people that wanted to play Star Fox Zero this year, but the situation would not be any better if the game turned out poorly because it was rushed for a 2015 release.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

DefHalan

Morpheel wrote:

Never forget that on the internet no one can hear your sarcasm.

But no one can hear your seriousness also. I say the internet should just assume everything is sarcastic. That would make the internet more fun to read lol

hirobo2

My last Nintendo console was the SNES. I am considering buying the Wii U only b/c of StarFox Zero. This is the only game that could push me to get a new Nintendo console after I've enjoyed playing StarFox SNES so much!

When I heard that SFZ was to be an X-mas 2015 title, I felt a little let down/cheated. It seemed to me they wanted to get a new SF game on the market just to ride in on the wave of Star Wars Episode VII. It felt like it would exist as a cheapened (rushed) game as a result.

Now that SFZ is pushed back to Q1 2016, I have much more respect for this game. I don't want Nintendo to make a new SF game just b/c they're making new Star Wars movies and anything parodying them would likely find commercial success. I can only have a higher regard for SFZ now that it's not even released within the time frame of The Force Awakens!

If SFZ gets a May release, I will praise it even more. This would send out the message that SFZ belongs in the same league as the likes of Splatoon (also May release) since StarFox is truly the only Nintendo franchise I cherish (I couldn't care less about Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc.).

Edited on by hirobo2

hirobo2

Haru17

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

yeah, keep the echo chamber of the same opinion going. No criticism allowed. No other opinions allowed.

Critical thinking?

...Get out.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

kkslider5552000

Haru17 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Blast wrote:

yeah, keep the echo chamber of the same opinion going. No criticism allowed. No other opinions allowed.

Critical thinking?

...Get out.

You know who else had opinions?

Hitler.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Souldin

kkslider5552000 wrote:

this means more time for you people to care about Rodea too, so this is an objectively good idea, case closed

Ooh, thanks for bringing up Rodea the Sky Soldier. It's a shame I don't see more people talking about that game.

In any case, whilst it is a shame that Star Fox Zero has been delayed, I don't feel it will have a huge impact. A lot of people seemed to be receiving it negatively as it was, and there are still other Wii U games coming out around the holidays time. Some are admittedly more specific to other regions, but I personally feel I'll be having my hands full with the likes of Rodea The Sky Soldier, Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash as it is.

Sure, this does not put the Wii U in a good position in terms of it's competitors, but I don't think that's too big of a concern at this point in time (also, the release of Fallout 4 on the other systems was kind of a major disadvantage to begin with). I think with the line-up the Wii U currently has, both in it's backlog and coming out for the holidays, I feel the Wii U can at least do well enough and I think that is the main aim for the Wii U presently.

So I've got three Wii U games I'll be enjoying the heck out of time before the end of the year, what do all of you plan on playing out of the remaining Wii U holiday line-up?

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

UGXwolf

@Peek-a-boo: See, I'd say your response was justified, but you qualified it based on the E3 footage. THE E3 FOOTAGE. WHICH EVERYONE INVOLVED AT SOME POINT OR ANOTHER ADMITTED WASN'T FINISHED AND NEEDED MORE POLISH BEFORE IT LAUNCHED. And that was tgree months ago. And Zero wasn't supposed to launch for two more months after this. Do you really think, after everything else that's happened on the Wii U, so far, that Star Fox's graphics look absolutely no better thsn they did at E3?

Worse is that I'd understand not having faith, but we've seen gameplay footage since and it has definitely received some polish in the past two or three months. If you had cited something more recent, this wouldn't have bothered me near this bad.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Sleepingmudkip

Everyone was complaining that the game looked like it was a "ps2 game" or "Wii game" so I wasn't surprised they delayed it so it can be polished though I was looking forward to this game and would rather just have it drop at its original time.

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.