Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 581 to 600 of 14,636

Retro_on_theGo

jariw wrote:

Seems like there might be Splatoon amiibos:
http://nintendoeverything.com/retailer-listing-splatoon-amiibo/

I'm just not gonna get my hopes up and assume it's a mistake. I would love Splatoon amiibos but how much confidence would Nintendo have in this new IP to launch amiibos alongside it?

We know so little about the game this close to release already though, so who knows.

IceClimbers

Splatoon seems to be a major hit at PAX East. Apparently it has a couple-hour long wait in line.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers wrote:

Splatoon seems to be a major hit at PAX East. Apparently it has a couple-hour long wait in line.

So it seems Splatoon has been a major hit at every main event it has been at (E3, EGX, PAX East, etc.). Now if only there was a release date

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

So it seems Splatoon has been a major hit at every main event it has been at (E3, EGX, PAX East, etc.). Now if only there was a release date

Now we just need Splatoon to sell well. I've got 20 bucks left to pay on my preorder. Then I'm getting it day one. I won't miss this game.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

Then i guess it's going to sell well!But i would be shock if the game didn't.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

cookiex

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

If there isn't a Nintendo direct announcing the release date this week I will eat my non-existing hat.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

NinjaWaddleDee

cookiex wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

If there isn't a Nintendo direct announcing the release date this week I will eat my non-existing hat.

I would just love a Nintendo direct based solely on this game, with a release date at the end.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Bolt_Strike

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Just because something's popular at gaming events doesn't mean it's going to sell well. It just means it's popular with critics. I'm not as certain that the game is going to appeal to the general public since they seem to have an aversion to anything cartoony. If I had to guess sales, it'd probably sell between 500,000 and 1 million. Maybe 2 million if it's lucky.

But I'd certainly like to see this game succeed. We need fresh ideas like this to sell.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

MsJubilee

Bolt_Strike wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Just because something's popular at gaming events doesn't mean it's going to sell well. It just means it's popular with critics. I'm not as certain that the game is going to appeal to the general public since they seem to have an aversion to anything cartoony. If I had to guess sales, it'd probably sell between 500,000 and 1 million. Maybe 2 million if it's lucky.

But I'd certainly like to see this game succeed. We need fresh ideas like this to sell.

True i guess the game in my honest opinion will sell 500,000 at the least,then die off.But i would want the game to sell enough ,so it can show Nintendo that people buy new IP'S.Well wait and see.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Just because something's popular at gaming events doesn't mean it's going to sell well. It just means it's popular with critics.

<implying most of the people at PAX are critics

actually, the implying meme is usually just a mean-spirited opinion disagreement, you're just flat out entirely misinformed.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

Hey look, Nintendo of America is actually advertising. Not only that, but they're advertising Splatoon!!!

Untitled

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Just because something's popular at gaming events doesn't mean it's going to sell well. It just means it's popular with critics.

<implying most of the people at PAX are critics

actually, the implying meme is usually just a mean-spirited opinion disagreement, you're just flat out entirely misinformed.

Yeah, PAX was made specifically to be an event by gamers, for gamers. I didn't even see any press-guys when I was there last year...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

Hey look, Nintendo of America is actually advertising. Not only that, but they're advertising Splatoon!!!

Untitled

Ha! There's one Just Dance case in that pic,someone get rid of it.It's tripping me out!

IceClimbers

I think this ad might confirm/give heavy indicators towards two things:

1. Splatoon will support amiibo (not that we didn't expect that anyway)
2. Yoshi's Woolly World isn't an April release and will come out in the 2nd half of the year, meaning there's no retail game in April (though we'll likely see Mewtwo and the Tourney/Miiverse stage update in April, which I actually predicted a while back).

Also, that slogan is an awesome jab at the shooter genre!

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Untitled

Wow....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

PrincessSugoi

^I just saw that at my local Gamestop a few hours ago. Was honestly surprised to see such a big colorful Nintendo display near the PS4/PS3 section. It's really eye-catching in person and the tag line is awesome. As an added bonus, Devil's Third was being advertised on the TV. Kudos to NoA on this one.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Untitled

Good, this is the kind of advertising the game needs. Now they just need to advertise through other mediums like TV and online.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic