Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 561 to 580 of 14,636

IceClimbers

I'd say the lack of bots in the online mode is a bigger issue than lack of voice chat. The game will die off eventually if Nintendo doesn't fix that.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

I'd say the lack of bots in the online mode is a bigger issue than lack of voice chat. The game will die off eventually if Nintendo doesn't fix that.

Any predictions of how many months the online of this game will last?I say after this year it would be dead.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

jariw

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Any predictions of how many months the online of this game will last?I say after this year it would be dead.

Because the predictions here tends to be so extremely accurate?

jariw

ddbangsy

I can't find if this been mentioned already, but can the Wii U Pro Controller be used in single player along with the Gamepad displaying the map and other little features? It's not a deal breaker for me but the setup sure works well, i.e. Windwaker.

ddbangsy

Switch Friend Code: SW-6685-6668-3872 | My Nintendo: ddbangsy | Nintendo Network ID: ddbangsy

Blast

I'm sure this game will be fine and will have crazy fun online.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

jariw wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Because the predictions here tends to be so extremely accurate?

Some predictions are accurate like how I guessed the DKC/DKL trilogy wouldn't come to NA VC until March at the earliest!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

iKhan

fUnKyMoNk wrote:

I can't find if this been mentioned already, but can the Wii U Pro Controller be used in single player along with the Gamepad displaying the map and other little features? It's not a deal breaker for me but the setup sure works well, i.e. Windwaker.

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. Personally, I really want to see a Wii Remote motion control option. The analog stick was never designed to control a crosshair, so naturally it's pretty clunky with shooters.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

ddbangsy

iKhan wrote:

fUnKyMoNk wrote:

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't. Personally, I really want to see a Wii Remote motion control option. The analog stick was never designed to control a crosshair, so naturally it's pretty clunky with shooters.

I agree an option for Wii Remote control would be good. Plus, to be able to choose from for all possible control options would be a nice touch from Nintendo to suit all players.

ddbangsy

Switch Friend Code: SW-6685-6668-3872 | My Nintendo: ddbangsy | Nintendo Network ID: ddbangsy

TuVictus

I agree that wii remote controls would feel amazing. But do you guys think it would provide a gameplay advantage over those who use control sticks? I could see wii remote players having much easier time shooting people and places than gamepad players.

TuVictus

Nicolai

Wait a minute, don't you aim with the Gamepad's gyro? I don't think aiming is done with control sticks.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DreamyViridi

Wii Remote users wouldn't be able to quick jump to other Inklings as quickly or easily, I imagine.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

IceClimbers

Nicolai wrote:

Wait a minute, don't you aim with the Gamepad's gyro? I don't think aiming is done with control sticks.

A combination of both. Sticks for bigger movement, gyro for smaller, more precise movement. This is a change from before where the sticks were used for left/right movement and gyro for up/down movement. Gyro can be turned off though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Nicolai

DreamyViridi wrote:

Wii Remote users wouldn't be able to quick jump to other Inklings as quickly or easily, I imagine.

Easy fix: assign the map to select, point and press a to jump. The disadvantage is not having the map at all times, though.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Bolt_Strike

The official Tumblr has some new posts showing off Octo Valley, the area of the hub where you access the single player campaign. It also confirms that the humanoid octopi are known as Octolings.

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

JoyBoy

What the heck was that, lol

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Octane

Mahemoth wrote:

What the heck was that, lol

30 seconds of a fat sleeping cat, which, according to the internet, is quite popular.

Octane

Octane

''General Hero Mode details
– The goal is to retrieve energy sources which were stolen by octopuses
– There is exclusive equipment to use in Hero Mode
– Commander Atarime will aid the player with hints when facing the Octarian Army

Enemies in Hero Mode
– The number of tentacles of an enemy implies its strength
– Octolings attack in groups
– It is implied they will have rollers in addition to usual guns
– Octopus diver can dive into ink
– Octocopter floats midair so it is harder to hit
– Octopus ball has one eye and spreads ink by rolling around
– Octopus robot is a walking missile
– If it detects the player, it will rush towards him/her and will scatter ink upon explosion

Hub area
– There is a starting area from which you enter Hero Mode stages
– Commander Atarime lives there
– You enter every stage from a kettle
– The scenery is reminiscent of modern day as there are telephone poles
– A huge octopus looking building can be seen inside

Gimmicks
– Jump point: you can perform super jump to change places quickly
– Propeller lift: shoot the fan to move the lift
– Ink rail: you can reach places which would be unreachable in human form by turning into a squid

Yet another Splatoon article will be published in the March 19 issue of Famitsu. The magazine will talk about the different weapons and gear.''

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-shares-new-details-abou...

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Not a lot of new information there, I'm a little disappointed.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic