Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 601 to 620 of 14,636

veeflames

Cool ad. Now I want to see a TV ad. Not that I'll care, but I just want to see one.
Anyway, who else thinks we need a Splatoon Direct? I don't care if it's Japanese like the XCX ones...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Blast

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Cool ad. Now I want to see a TV ad. Not that I'll care, but I just want to see one.
Anyway, who else thinks we need a Splatoon Direct? I don't care if it's Japanese like the XCX ones...

Splatoon direct for April, is my best

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

IceClimbers

I agree that we'll see a Splatoon Direct in April.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Grumblevolcano

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Hey look, Nintendo of America is actually advertising. Not only that, but they're advertising Splatoon!!!

Untitled

Ha! There's one Just Dance case in that pic,someone get rid of it.It's tripping me out!

Also if you look closely at it, the case is actually for Xbox One too. If you get rid of that then the image is perfect.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SuperJoon

I'm looking forward to Splatoon. Been hyped for it since it was announced.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

PaperMario64

Grumblevolcano wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Hey look, Nintendo of America is actually advertising. Not only that, but they're advertising Splatoon!!!

Ha! There's one Just Dance case in that pic,someone get rid of it.It's tripping me out!

Also if you look closely at it, the case is actually for Xbox One too. If you get rid of that then the image is perfect.

The picture is obviously fake...

Here is the original:

Untitled

PaperMario64

MegaMari0

wow. Horray for similarities between spanish and italian. I understood a good chunk of that. Sucks for Europe though.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

Inkling

If this is true...

That's it, I'm done, goodbye.

Inkling has left the game

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Blast

Neko_Rukiafan wrote:

Hey guys...Amazon italy is stating that Splatoon has been delayed until July in Europe....here is an image of their message:

Untitled

And here's a link to a news story regarding this: http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-splatoon-to-possibly-be-d...

Your thoughts?

I don't think its true. The inevitable Splatoon direct will have the final say.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

renaryuugufan92

I like how the picture of the boxes on the shelves is being perceived as NOA finally advertising.... It would be nice if Nintendo actually released some commercials for the thing but that won't come till the month of release sadly and only get advertised for a month at best.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Inkling

PaperMario64 wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

midnafanboy wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Here is the fake:

Untitled

Fixed

Edited on by Inkling

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

IceClimbers

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

I like how the picture of the boxes on the shelves is being perceived as NOA finally advertising.... It would be nice if Nintendo actually released some commercials for the thing but that won't come till the month of release sadly and only get advertised for a month at best.

This is advertising. That's a clear cut eye-catching in store display with a great tagline that's here two months before the game releases. TV commercials aren't the only way to advertise a game. In fact, if all you're doing is releasing a TV commercial and leaving it at that, then you're failing at advertising. In store displays, hands on demos, promotions, media coverage, and word of mouth (particularly through social media) are also very effective.

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

This is advertising. That's a clear cut eye-catching in store display with a great tagline that's here two months before the game releases. TV commercials aren't the only way to advertise a game. In fact, if all you're doing is releasing a TV commercial and leaving it at that, then you're failing at advertising. In store displays, hands on demos, promotions, media coverage, and word of mouth (particularly through social media) are also very effective.

And luckily Splatoon has most of those covered. An in store demo would certainly be nice as well though, I think both that and a TV commercial are inevitable.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

PrincessSugoi

I don't why people always focus so much on TV ads. I've only seen the Cinderella trailer on TV maybe twice but I've seen it advertised everywhere else through poster, boards, merchandise/food tie ins, etc. I literally could not walk a few steps throughout the mall last night without seeing something pertaining to the movie, it even has a Zales tie in wtf. lol

As far as video games go, I learn about most of them through online websites, youtubers, ad banners, in store displays, demos, and magazine ads. With my TV watching habits, the only commercials I see regularly are Assassin's Creed, Skylanders and the Wii U ones on cartoon channels. I can see Splatoon getting some really fun commercials come the month of release.

Edited on by PrincessSugoi

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

And luckily Splatoon has most of those covered. An in store demo would certainly be nice as well though, I think both that and a TV commercial are inevitable.

Agreed. I think this game could benefit from some merchandising based on the gear. An amiibo line would also be smart, though their stock issues with the current amiibo makes me hesitant about that. There's also the inevitable Splatoon Direct, which should create buzz on social media.

Wonder which channels the Splatoon commercial will play on, besides the obvious Nickelodeon.

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Wonder which channels the Splatoon commercial will play on, besides the obvious Nickelodeon.

Cartoon Network, Disney, and Comedy Central would be good, that's where a lot of Nintendo's audience is if I'm not mistaken.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Captain_Toad

Bolt_Strike wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Cartoon Network, Disney, and Comedy Central would be good, that's where a lot of Nintendo's audience is if I'm not mistaken.

Comedy Central?

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Sparx

I hope the game is successful enough for us to see the game's brands on clothes

My avatar is from here

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic