Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 14,636

rjejr

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Undead_terror: TEAM DOGS!!!

Just had a match where we had 3 on 4 and my team won!

Call in sick? Pokemon should be over in 5 minutes then it's time to play. And like you, I've been using the .52 gal w/ seeker and inskstrike but I figure for Spaltfest I was going back to the old trusty ARG. Both my kids and I are DoG, we'll try and make you proud. But I hope your kid is DoG just in case. Happy 4th.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Spoony_Tech

Great match making Nintendo. I just squared off against MY OWN TEAM!!! Destroyed them though. What other choice did I have?

@rjejr Whole family is team dog yes!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rjejr

Undead_terror wrote:

Untitled
Gonna be a little over 60 matches if you want to get 12 snails, also that is a little over 3 hours of none stop gameplay.

Wait, did Nintendo actually tell us how something actually works in Spaltoon, or did you do some reverse engineering of code and/or game metrics to figure that out?

Had another ranked match yesterday where my team of 20 (me), 18,13,13 lost to a team of 20x4. I was not happy. If rank doesn't count then don't show it to me so prominently. Show win/loss or win streak records, something that might make sense when I look at it. I'm really looking forward to a level cap just so things get too consing to be so obvious to my eyes as 4 20s vs 3 teens.

OK, time to go play. 3 people in my house so we can probably get in an hour each before the 4th of July bbq, guess we'll have to shoot for defender maybe?

Extra special thanks to the laughing skull for the stats.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Spoony_Tech

Are we going to see an overall total of which team won at the end of all this?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chaoz

Is anybody else getting disconnects? Also Team Dogs ftw!

Edited on by Chaoz

Daddy do you want some Sausage?
Wii U ID: dotmae
3DS FC: 3007-8540-3431

Nintendo Network ID: dotmae

Spoony_Tech

A few d/c's but my son has now twice gone up against his same team. Great job Nintendo!

MERG said:

veeflames

My brother's currently playing for Team Cats, and, IMO, they aren't so hawt. I can't wait to start playing for Team Dogs.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Spoony_Tech

@VeeFlamesNL: I had one game where we lost badly. I didn't know what my team was doing other then getting splatted. I was breaking free but it just wasn't enough. I did win most of my games today. Out of the 14 or so I played we won probably 9 but one of those was against my own team. Once again, great job Nintendo.

MERG said:

OorWullie

Just had a cracking match of Turf Wars in the Warehouse.I was on fire for that round,1563 with 14 v 2 kills/deaths.The rest of my team all level 20 scored under 1000 and we won by 1 % due my last second inkstrike.I've scored higher but that's the most kills I think I've had in a round.For around 2 minutes I was unstoppable with opponents falling left right and centre and was probably the closest I've ever felt to actually being John Rambo.Hopefully I'll carry this form into the Splatfest.Might put a head band on for it

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

@rallydefault: It stems from them picking this date to begin with. Why did they cancel then choose this date only to have a bunch of problems still. I still got my enjoyment out of it for the hour or so I played but they cancelled the first one because of match making issues and clearly they're not fixed!

MERG said:

rallydefault

@Spoony_Tech: I haven't encountered any problems so far. Just being honest, I'm sorry. Sometimes we get unlucky and all the problems seem to happen to us, but you have to consider that "you" does not equal "everyone," you know?

rallydefault

Spoony_Tech

rallydefault wrote:

@Spoony_Tech: I haven't encountered any problems so far. Just being honest, I'm sorry. Sometimes we get unlucky and all the problems seem to happen to us, but you have to consider that "you" does not equal "everyone," you know?

Might not be everyone but by my count now 28 other people are having the same problems. Now I've seen it 4 times same team vs same team.

MERG said:

veeflames

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@rallydefault: It stems from them picking this date to begin with. Why did they cancel then choose this date only to have a bunch of problems still. I still got my enjoyment out of it for the hour or so I played but they cancelled the first one because of match making issues and clearly they're not fixed!

How so? My brother tons of matches and he seldom had any problems. If you're playing with your own team, it simply means there are not enough Team Cat players at the moment. Or you entered a room that lacks Team Cat players. Besides, if you don't like it, try going out of the lobby and entering it again.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Spoony_Tech

@VeeFlamesNL: It's not as simple as you say because you can't simply back out once teams are selected. Shoot, you can't back out at all just waiting for teams to form. This shouldn't be a problem as I doubt there's not enough cat players. We can wait for an all cat team of need be. Going against my own team seems foolish but I guess we still get 3 points for the win either way.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Xyphon22

Am I the only one finding a huge separation between Team Cats and Team Dogs? I am Dogs, and I am usually playing against like 3 20s and a 19, whereas I am routinely the highest ranked on my team at 16 and we usually have 1 or 2 in single digits. It's getting a little crazy.

Also, am I the only one who hates Kelp Dome? I think I have won one match on it, but have won every match on the other two, even with the big discrepancy in ranks (one of them was even a 3 v. 4 and we still won!).

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Great match making Nintendo. I just squared off against MY OWN TEAM!!! Destroyed them though. What other choice did I have?

@rjejr Whole family is team dog yes!

If you are unable to find another team then it will pair you up against the same team. While you can get points for it, your win won't count towards your team wins for the Splatfest. The reason they paired teammates up against each other was so people wouldn't be stuck in a lobby trying to find a match. In Japan's first Splatfest, there were a lot of people who voted rice and not bread so it was difficult for those who were rice to find a match.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

If the European Splatoon community is as broken as I think it is, Team Pop will sadly win

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rjejr

@Spoony_Tech: - I played 12 matches this morning, about 10 of those were dog vs dog. 2 of those my team only had 3 people. OVerall my team lost 10 of those, too many people either circling the spawn pad or just walking around in front of it getting every little drop of ink (I shot that player in the face for 15 seconds, he was making me that angry, I'm sure he thought I was an idiot that he was on the other team, but no, I was shooting you b/c you are an idiot) meanwhile the other team has about 80% of the stage. I understand every drop counts, but not when its that lopsided. I really feel like some people never even look at the Gamepad.

Anybody think it would play better w/ the Gamepad map on the tv and the tv on the Gamepad? At least as an option? We're already moving the Gamepad to shoot, might as well be that screen we look at most of the time, and then it would be easy to see where everyone is on the tv. I couldn't play that way - tried in 2 player and couldn't see anything - but my kids play off screen all the time. It would also work WAY better for an assistant that way who could sit watching the tv and tell you were you need to go. Like parents helping out kids.

Note for kelp dome - the left side up is a dead end, 3 people on 1 team should not all go that way and get stuck painting the same little piece. 1 on the left, 1 on the right, 2 in the very big middle, 1 up top, 1 on the bottom. And don't spend so much time shooting around the base, the other team can't get up there anyway, do it later after you die. Almost everybody dies at least once.

Oh well, I'm done for the day, going to let my 2 boys play, level 10 and 5, so I'll be looking over their shoulder at the gMaepad trying to help them the best I can.

I really do like the Spaltfest Inkopolis, kind of a cross between FF8 and FF10. They can do that more often.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic