Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,341 to 11,360 of 14,636

Maxz

@shani: Given that the results were the exact opposite of what I predicted, I feel a bit silly explaining my prediction 'methods', but here goes... Basically, if I'm playing matches against my own team frequently, I assume I'm on the more popular side by some margin, and if I get matches really quickly with opponent teams, I assume I'm on the less popular side. This one seemed more balanced than the Pinapplefest, so I thought it would be closer to 50:50.

In terms of winning, it's mainly down to what sort of age range I think will vote for which side, with a little bit of personal experience drawn from the players I end up teamed with and against. I actually assumed the older players would go for wealth, and maybe many of them did, but I should have also considered the question of whether kids would more likely choose 'fitness' over 'more pocket money'. Kids generally aren't worried about 'fitness' - at least not in the anxious, 'I feel I should be a better person', 'gotta make a New Year's resolution and turn my life around' kinda way. So I reckon Team Get Fit had the higher average age of player, and then brought about the win.

Of course, that's not what I was thinking when I made my initial prediction. I simply remembered the naughty/nice results from the US and inferred from them that 'vaguely immoral/greedy' triumphs over 'goody-goody-two-shoes self-improvement'. And was wrong.

At the end of the day though, it's just speculation. Only Judd knows for sure.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

shani

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I was definitely getting a sense of the Aerosprays being way overpowered. I know this is old territory but because I didn't really focus on the single player until recently I didn't get them until a few days ago.

Wow, really? Then you've been missing out, at least from my standpoint. The Aerospray was actually the first weapon I really wanted to have, I saw it at a friend's who already had cleared the singleplayer or at least had the Aerospray already. So I looked it up at home and played the singleplayer exactly as long as I needed to get it (with lvl13 and higher, you get both versions). I played a lot with this weapon (if you take both versions in account, I still haven't played more with any other weapon type according to Splatnet) in the first months and really enjoyed it. Mainly because it's just so satisfying how the Aerospray fills out every inch, you don't have to aim exactly and you also don't have to worry about ink consumption. It's a great weapon for a newcomer. But occasionally I still like to go back to it because it's somehow more comfortable/convenient, although it lacks range. But it's great for Turf War because you can ink so much faster and more than with other weapons.

Jazzer94 wrote:

It isn't overpowered and not really good for ranked.

It's definitely not overpowered, but I partly disagree about the usefulness. While it might be less useful in higher ranks, I think it's still useful in C and B, I think. I used the silver Aerospray only for Rainmaker (the seeker is good against the RM and the Inkzooka gives you distance - of course the special metre goes up quickly with that high firerate) and the golden one for Splatzones (because of the Inkstrike) and Tower Control (because of the ink mines).
But in some way you're right, because I adapted and changed my play style a bit before I reached A and I think that also has to do with changing my main weapon (and the gear I was aiming for).

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shani

@Maxz: Ah, overlooked your post somehow lol. ^^ I also had similar theories but in the end nothing made sense, so I eventually gave it up.
But that was after I had won the first Splatfest, then lost five in a row (although I didn't play much), then won Ghosts and Disgusting and now lost again. When I became Ghost king I was sure my team would lose again, because we had more votes and only once since the change of the score multipliers has the more popular team won (messy). And my my teammates weren't always the greatest.
But I was wrong and I gave up theorizing. This time I also assumed less people would vote for money but money actually won the votes and lost the battles instead. ^^

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

I just looked at tomorrows AGDQ schedule and the first game is gonna be an any% run of Splatoon! Starts at 11:30 am Eastern.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

shani

@ELI-ASH: Wow, I didn't know of that event! It's on 6PM CET and I just found out that on Tuesday they will play Cloudbuilt! That I have to see (Splatoon, hmm... maybe). Maybe also Battletoads, Mario Galaxy and Majora's Mask. But how are they going to play that in 4p co-op 100% and what does Any% mean?

ELI-ASH

@shani: any% means just completing the game as fast as possible. If it was 100% for example that would be collecting all the scrolls.

Oh in some games they have races with multiple people running a game at the same time. Those are fun to watch.

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

wow the splatoon run was basically flawless. Tones was only a few seconds behind from breaking his own world record.

DreamyViridi

Anyone here want to squad up? I'd like to try Splat Zones without the risk of losing my S Rank again...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

shani

Ok so since DaGreen and me are planning to do a video, I searched again for Splatoon merchandise and decided to buy some since it's my birthday soon. So I definitely have to buy a water pistol, a separate backpack tank, an Inkling hat (the official Nintendo merchandise or one from Etsy) and at least one or more t-shirts (probably from teepublic or redbubble or maybe selfmade).
But I'm still unsure which items exactly to order, since I probably will have to get everything except the the backpack tank from the US (which makes everything more expensive because of shipping + customs fee). While the official hat regularly costs 10 pounds (=13 Euro) in the Nintendo UK shop, where I can only order to a british adress, if I order the official hat from ebay (US), it costs 53,50$ (= 49 Euro) incuding shipping and customs fee. And somehow I'd really like to have the official merchandise instead of the ones from Etsy which are still pretty pricy too (depending on the quality 26, 37 or 43 Euro).

I know this is a lot to ask, but would anyone of you from the UK (like @TheXReturns @crimsontadpoles @Jazzer94 or
@DreamyViridi for example) be be so kind to help me? I would just need someone to order the hat to and then kindly ask that person to send it to me via post, of course I would send you the shipping fee + a little extra (as a thank you ) upfront with Paypal. If you should also want to buy something from the Nintendo UK shop, even better, then we can order there together.
Any help would be much appreciated!

I got a similar problem with the Water Gun, only the price difference here is not so big. Although it's an exclusive from Target, you can't buy it at theirshop anymore, where it was 13$ once. But Amazon.com still has it for 14$. I don't know how much regular shipment to Germany would cost, so I'm not sure how much cheaper it would be than buying it directly on ebay (35$ = 32 Euros). So although it's pretty expensive for a Water Pistol that originally was a free gift, I guess I just have to bite the bullet and order it f rom Ebay.

@Blue_Blur: You wrote you have this hat, does it have inner lining or even pockets (like another one on Etsy does)? And one of the reviews on the Etsy page said it has these small "suckers", could you maybe make a photo of that? Thanks in advance!
@LztheQuack: Does the official hat have inner lining?

Edited on by shani

shani

@crimsontadpoles: Sure there is! I'll write you a private message on Miiverse. But exchanging email adresses here would be fine, too.

EDIT: Just sent you a private message on Miiverse, containing my email adress since that's more convenient for both of us.

Edited on by shani

MasterWario

I feel like we're all going to start doing Splatoon videos eventually, har har.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Blue_Blur

@shani: Actually, the pictures on the website showcase the product perfectly. I'm not set up to post a picture online; but I can describe the hat to answer your questions!
1) The hat doesn't have inner lining, it's just the felt material that the hat is made out of. The inside and back of the hat are white.
2) The hat doesn't have any pockets.
3) I'm not exactly sure what small "suckers" means, but I'm going to assume the reviewer is talking about the white spots at the bottom of the tentacles. The white spots look like they were ironed on, and don't peel or flake off when touched.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

shani

@Blue_Blur: Thanks for your answers! The one for 37 Euros actually has inner lining or pockets (you can choose between the two); but looks like I'll get the official hat now thanks to @crimsontadpoles.

I'm not 100% sure but I think the review (of the hat you got) mentioning "suckers" is meaning these round things: http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/amongbobbinsandthread/media...
The review from Rebecca Mayes actually says "Great quality and color. Small "suckers" are well made. My daughter loves it!".

Edited on by shani

Spoony_Tech

Anybody for a twin or quad squad?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic