Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 101 to 120 of 14,636

Dreamz

I've been looking over the various videos for Splatoon, and one thing keeps jumping out at me: if there was ever a game that would benefit from being able to sync multiple gamepads, this is it. Everything points to super jumping via the gamepad screen and precision control being handled by the motion sensor, so....I hope this gets addressed!

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

cookiex

The amount of Splatoon fan art I've come across lately is staggering.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Dreamz

cookiex wrote:

The amount of Splatoon fan art I've come across lately is staggering.

I love it! (points to the left)

cookiex

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Bolt_Strike

I love the concept for this game, it sounds like it's going to be fun. There's two things that worry me though, but I think these will probably be addressed at some point:

1. Local multiplayer. The game makes good use of the Gamepad, which is good, but it's as if they forgot that the Gamepad was originally designed as an asymmetric multiplayer device and that it couldn't be used by other players locally. So what if I have my friends over and I want to play the game with them, how would the game still be playable without losing some of the Gamepad features? Especially the Super Jump, which is important to the game's pacing.
2. Gameplay depth. Turf War mode is interesting at all, but it'll get boring after a while. They need more than this if they want the game to last. The easiest thing for them to do, I think, would be to have different multiplayer modes added, for instance they could have a Capture the Flag game that involves taking a "flag" back to your team's starting point (which would be very interesting with this game's mechanics, I can see a lot of strategy developing for this mode which revolves around using ink to speed through the levels and explore the levels quickly, and then to safely return back to the start).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Kewlan

@cookiex UHM... Is that actually from Nintendo? Are they actually supposed to be Splatoon squids? Is that Miyamoto standing back there?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Dreamz

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Somebody so needs to do a version of that image that starts with the Microsoft and Sony CEO standing up on stage talking.

HappyHappyist

Game looks really fun, but I just don't think the game will sell if they sell it at full price. I'd buy the game at $30 max. It's online only (which means the servers will eventually be shut down), and there's no single player mode.

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

Dreamz

HappyHappyist wrote:

Game looks really fun, but I just don't think the game will sell if they sell it at full price. I'd buy the game at $30 max. It's online only (which means the servers will eventually be shut down), and there's no single player mode.

Geez, so much misinformation floating around. All of the above is incorrect. There is offline. There is singleplayer.
Source: [youtube:_cHwzSm6q3A]

BenAV

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

I got a pretty good laugh from this.

If I had the money, I'd go and pay for this game in full right now.
I've seen enough to know I want it, seems like it's going to be well worth the standard price for a Wii U game.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Kewlan

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

This needs to be a new thing. Next E3 when Microsoft and Sony have their conference, let's rush past the guards and wiggle waddle around on the show floor!
SPLATOON-ATTACK!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Joeynator3000

lol Squidward....

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

PayMeMunna

At first, I thought it would be local multiplayer only (because I wasnt paying attention lol) so that put me off--probably wierd reason to some but most of my friends dont game and my family members are all too busy these days--but when I realized it would be online, I was sold! 2015 cant come fast enough

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

Zuryk

So would anyone else like to see Nintendo have a beta for this game?

Zuryk

shingi_70

It would be cool, but i'm not sure Nintendo would do one. They gave out the early access demo for Tomadachi Life but this would be another whole beast.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DefHalan

Zuryk wrote:

So would anyone else like to see Nintendo have a beta for this game?

I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it earlier but I don't think Nintendo will do it. With their idea that a delayed game is eventually good while a rushed one is bad forever I don't see them rushing it into people's hands. Nintendo is more about reaction that prevention when it comes to online servers as well, so I just don't see it happening. But wouldn't mind if it did happen, would at least be better than the Battlefield Hardline Beta (can't believe they are going to charge full price for a glorified Battlefield 4 mod)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dreamz

Not especially. I generally dislike betas - they tend to be glorified previews rather than any actual, proper testing.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic