Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,096

CanisWolfred

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

I've been watching more unboxing videos.

European Song Cards.

Untitled

American Song Cards.

Untitled

To me, the comparison is not even close. One set is miles nicer than the other. The American boxart is far better looking too.

...okay, I spent 60 seconds running my brain trying to figure out which Pretty Cure anime and/or freemium social game those characters were from, before I remembered which thread I was in. I'm definitely still not sold on the character designs. I'm sure it's the art director's fault, unless toi8 brought his z-game, since I've seen how talented he is. It really just doesn't feel like his style, IMO...

...buuut none of it's bad enough to keep me from playing it when it, though. It's a really minor point, but one that gets to me whenever I see new media featuring the characters...which is a lot...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Maxz

@DiscoGentleman Thanks for the feedback. It wasn't so much their 'relationship' I think I had a problem with as their individual personalities feeling a bit 'by the books'. I think I quite like Eleonora. Her VA has done a couple of characters I quite like, at least, and she seems 'gutsy' enough without being completely trite. I'm hoping the breadth of characters helps the story expand and feel reasonably fresh. And despite my previously stated foibles with Barry, he does at least seem to be a fairly novel inclusion.

I just hope the game knows how to laugh at itself. I don't mind a few tropes here and there, but I don't like it when the creators march forward as though people have never seen them before. I think a little self-awareness goes a long way.

Anyway, yeah, thanks. : )

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

ZeroAssassin

I'm pretty upset the Australian Version is Censored considering what other WiiU games we have gotten which are un-censored there is an age rating on the box for a reason, so why do you need to censor what isn't actually bad. for example a girl in a swimsuit isnt a bad thing seriously. and the boss that u defeat to save tsubasa's sister in the cut-scene it's censored but in actual game-play it isn't. it makes no sense and personally i believe an update for an uncensored version on the Nintendo shop should be available to who wants it. we should at least be given the option to choose to have the censored or uncensored version.

other then that the game is amazingly good.

ZeroAssassin

jariw

ZeroAssassin wrote:

I'm pretty upset the Australian Version is Censored considering what other WiiU games we have gotten which are un-censored there is an age rating on the box for a reason, so why do you need to censor what isn't actually bad. for example a girl in a swimsuit isnt a bad thing seriously. and the boss that u defeat to save tsubasa's sister in the cut-scene it's censored but in actual game-play it isn't. it makes no sense and personally i believe an update for an uncensored version on the Nintendo shop should be available to who wants it. we should at least be given the option to choose to have the censored or uncensored version.

other then that the game is amazingly good.

Starting sentences with lower case?
"other then that ..."?
"...the boss that u defeat..."

You are probably too young to play the game anyway.

jariw

ZeroAssassin

@jariw Actually I'm 22 and I was on my phone walking to work. you really shouldn't judge someone from how they write or i could just judge you as a grammar Nazi.

I'd rather avoid a fight with someone so hung up on grammar just because i got a few things wrong if that is seriously your attitude to other players maybe you need to rethink your life.

ZeroAssassin

yokokazuo

@DiscoGentleman I've always stayed around Nagoya on my trips for the most part so I don't really know some of these things. I'll definitely have to go to Matsuya sometime for some curry though haha.

I knew about that Suntory one at least, maybe it's just a coincidence, but the dog in Yontory reminds me of SoftBank.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

FX29

@Kazuo
I recommend Persona 3 or 4, both games have a similar battle system to TMS. They both are beginner friendly to anyone who hasn't played any of the SMT games before. Not to mention they're also great games.

FX29

3DS Friend Code: 4811-7203-6983

yokokazuo

@FX29 thanks! I'll probably give them a look then.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Ralizah

Wow, people are already patching the censorship out of the game: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restorat...

No game files are provided, of course. You'll need your own copy of the game.

This seems like a great option for people who want to play the full and uncensored version of this game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Tobiaku

I'm at the second chapter now, need a bit more training before I take on the boss.
So far, I don't mind the way they censoured it. I'm not for censouring, but I would I don't think I would have noticed this unless it was pointed out.

My opinionsabout the game so far:
-Its my favourite Wii U game.
-The sidequests with little stories has been pure gold
-The way Barry acts about that witch he likes, reminds me of myself with Layton stuff x)

Edited on by Tobiaku

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

CanisWolfred

Another Minor Pet-Peeve - I know it's been said before, but there's a difference between censorship and "localization changes." The former, of course, requires the involvement of an outside party. The latter was a concious decision made by the company's own in order to make it more appealing to local audiences outside the game's original territory.

That last bit is the main reason why I have no problem with people being upset here - if you think those changes don't add to the appeal, or even take away from it, then the best thing to do is to voice your opinions so Ninty doesn't keep doing it. If their fans are willing to go out of their way to restore content that had been changed during localization by hacking the system files and distributing them over the internet, then obviously Ninty & Atlus screwed the pooch, and they need to make sure they listen to constructive criticism before their games start getting pirated left and right.

However, a lot of people seem to be acting like the changes are inherently bad, even those who aren't exactly upset by the results of the changes. Tobibra's comment above is a good example. And a lot of it is probably just because everyone keeps using a loaded word to describe it - censorship is largely not a good thing. It infringes on people's freedom of speech in most cases, and actively discourages individual thought in the worst cases.

Changing some costumes and not localizing a DLC omake beach chapter does neither of those. But everyone knows what "censorship" means, and have heard it used to describe bad things before, so they wind using more often than anything more appropriate and descriptive, like "localization changes."

In other words: It doesn't look as good in a hashtag. Because the people who are upset about it don't necessarily need other people to understand why they're upset about it, they just need other people to be upset about it, too, no matter what, so they can rally them to their cause. However, I think that link Ralizah provided is a far greater kick in Ninty's pants than a bunch of angry emails and blog posts could ever hope to be...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

I've been gone from this debate because it's a debate mostly morons are involved in.

But I will say, they are at the very least, trying too hard to not be M rated. It is dumb.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Aozz101x

edit: nvm their 1 more chapter
already in chapter 5, i feel like im close to beating this game
glad i didnt run though doing side missions all time. that well keep me awhile until the next big hits (Recore)

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

ZeroAssassin

@CanisWolfred You have a good point but what annoys me is the censorship when clearly Australians don't need it since it's obviously a mature game with the words "****" and "****" littered throughout the game i still don't understand why they have to change cut-scenes because a demon lady is showing her stomach or because a girl is wearing a bikini especially when it goes back to gameplay it's back to the original where you can see those things. i know it's a small thing but it kind of irks me since if i see one thing i expect to see the same in the next scene but it's just not there.

Edited on by gcunit

ZeroAssassin

erv

It's not about the bikini's, there's plenty of subject matter for every taste on the internets. What matters is the reasoning of one being the truth for another. It's a freedom thing, how silly in form it may be. No one is suitable to tell me what I can or cannot see or experience. I choose this myself.

So the censorship is bad because all it does is make people with "feelings" a legitimate dictating party over the experience of others or the expressiveness of creators.

I advocate more raw and profane material for a reason, and it's not tits.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

gcunit

@ZeroAssassin Perfectly sensibile post, but there's a no profanity (not even partially censored) rule here, so I've made an edit.

On the point you made, I think, in the current atmosphere in the UK, sexual exploitation is a very risky topic for a family-friendly company like Nintendo to get involved with, and it seems the company really doesn't want its brand associated with such matters. A bit of swearing is totally different, because they are just words nowadays, with no real connotations behind them (depending on context, obvs).

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Warruz

erv wrote:

It's not about the bikini's, there's plenty of subject matter for every taste on the internets. What matters is the reasoning of one being the truth for another. It's a freedom thing, how silly in form it may be. No one is suitable to tell me what I can or cannot see or experience. I choose this myself.

So the censorship is bad because all it does is make people with "feelings" a legitimate dictating party over the experience of others or the expressiveness of creators.

I advocate more raw and profane material for a reason, and it's not tits.

So lets take Coke for example (yes, the drink), are they "censoring" their product in different markets because its changed?

Also in regards to, "No one is suitable to tell me what I can or cannot see or experience." that is simply not true. I am sure there are numerous things you don't partake in because of someone telling you, "you shouldn't do that".

Edited on by Warruz

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

D_e_A_c_T

Mid-Way through chapter three and the game might be one of my favorite on the wii u.
Real good.

D_e_A_c_T

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.