Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,096

IceClimbers

Not super interested in this game, but I hope they don't remove the Fiah Emburem musical piece with Super Saiyan Marth.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

I'm gonna have fun the next year proclaiming this as the best Fire Emblem game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NinjaWaddleDee

I'm not really sure why Nintendo wants to censor this game in particular. This game only has japanese voicework, and appeals only to people that like japanese themes and games. Only the most hardcore Wii U owners are going to purchase this game, so why bother censoring it? Nintendo should know that most of the time the audience for their other franchises besides Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, etc, are adults or older teens.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

whodatninja

@Ralizah: @NinjaWaddleDee: It's so stupid. This is a niche game few people will buy, let alone kids. NOA is not gonna reach a bigger audience by doing this. They could use the time they waste on censorship and do something worthwhile!

I'm not gonna boycut the game, I'm still getting it day one (especially if there's a special edition) but if it turns out to be heavily edited from the JP release, which is totally possible, the hype will die down considerably for me...

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

NinjaWaddleDee

@whodatninja: There's no way I'm not getting this game day one. I was excited for it ever since they showed the first j-pop trailer. I'm not even a huge fan of anime like this, but the colors and characters look fantastic. Plus the emphasis on song interested me greatly. However, I will be somewhat disappointed if nintendo censors too much. Censoring cleavage is stupid, but it doesn't bother me because I don't care about that kind of stuff. If they censor themes, locations Or dialouge though, then I'm going to be disappointed.
They won't reach a wider audience with this game, regardless of what they do, so why censor it?

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Sticker

Wait, never mind what I said earlier. There is censorship. (Fooled myself twice, actually.)

Untitled

I mean, it was technically already censored during CERO rating where they gave that one girl pants, but that's not new or exciting. So instead, let's have some fresh new censorship hot off of NOA's presses. It feels like just yesterday people were attacking "how Fates petting feature was removed" over this, and now everyone's already accepted it due to the people who thought the petting was CREEPY. Isn't it wonderful how much progress we've made? The original outfit was disgusting, after all. It had breasts visible, and those are just — ugh! Who wants to see those?

But of course, I'm not complaining about that outfit. As we've previously established with Fire Emblem Fates, it is no longer threadworthy to complain about NOA removing gameplay-affecting swimsuits. Instead, let us discuss something entirely different.

Prior to the reveal of the game's English title, a user on 4chan posted that a number of elements would be receiving changes. In addition to panties becoming spats across the board and an age increase to Tsubasa, they also claim that the Hot Springs DLC will flat-out not be releasing in the American version of the game. Strictly speaking there is no actual proof of this, although as they guessed both the full title and the lack of an English dub, it is not without reason that some have opted to believe it. Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot about this content besides the fact that it released in two parts, a "boys version" (300yen) and a "girls version" (500yen). Given the subject matter and the typical scope of this type of content, I don't anticipate that much content of value was lost... and, furthermore, as DLC, said content is not part of the base game anyway, so you're technically not paying for it anyway.

But since we're here, you know, I thought I'd bring it up. Just because I know you Nintendo life fans hate petting and body parts.

But, if that ends up being true, it'd demonstrate an interesting progression from Awakening (where the hot springs DLC was indeed localized) and Fates (where a hot spring is included in the basic game, even if no proper clothes for it were.) And with or without dime-a-dozen hot springs visits, let's not ignore that the previously-mentioned costume is likely only the first and not the last.

How do you feel about this? Have your feelings toward this matter changed since the release of Fatal Frame V? Do you have any remote idea why Nintendo would censor a game that literally o n l y weebs would want to buy? ...seriously, why would they alienate almost all three of the people planning to buy the game here?

"PlatinumGamer" wrote:

Is Nintendo Life even that good of a fourm anyways?

"Sparks" wrote:

prolly full of 6 year olds tbh

Nintendo Network ID: Senpai900900

NinjaWaddleDee

Sticker wrote:

Wait, never mind what I said earlier. There is censorship. (Fooled myself twice, actually.)

Untitled

I mean, it was technically already censored during CERO rating where they gave that one girl pants, but that's not new or exciting. So instead, let's have some fresh new censorship hot off of NOA's presses. It feels like just yesterday people were attacking "how Fates petting feature was removed" over this, and now everyone's already accepted it due to the people who thought the petting was CREEPY. Isn't it wonderful how much progress we've made? The original outfit was disgusting, after all. It had breasts visible, and those are just — ugh! Who wants to see those?

But of course, I'm not complaining about that outfit. As we've previously established with Fire Emblem Fates, it is no longer threadworthy to complain about NOA removing gameplay-affecting swimsuits. Instead, let us discuss something entirely different.

Prior to the reveal of the game's English title, a user on 4chan posted that a number of elements would be receiving changes. In addition to panties becoming spats across the board and an age increase to Tsubasa, they also claim that the Hot Springs DLC will flat-out not be releasing in the American version of the game. Strictly speaking there is no actual proof of this, although as they guessed both the full title and the lack of an English dub, it is not without reason that some have opted to believe it. Unfortunately, I don't know a whole lot about this content besides the fact that it released in two parts, a "boys version" (300yen) and a "girls version" (500yen). Given the subject matter and the typical scope of this type of content, I don't anticipate that much content of value was lost... and, furthermore, as DLC, said content is not part of the base game anyway, so you're technically not paying for it anyway.

But since we're here, you know, I thought I'd bring it up. Just because I know you Nintendo life fans hate petting and body parts.

But, if that ends up being true, it'd demonstrate an interesting progression from Awakening (where the hot springs DLC was indeed localized) and Fates (where a hot spring is included in the basic game, even if no proper clothes for it were.) And with or without dime-a-dozen hot springs visits, let's not ignore that the previously-mentioned costume is likely only the first and not the last.

How do you feel about this? Have your feelings toward this matter changed since the release of Fatal Frame V? Do you have any remote idea why Nintendo would censor a game that literally o n l y weebs would want to buy? ...seriously, why would they alienate almost all three of the people planning to buy the game here?

Lol yep, too true. This game is for the weeabos or people who want to try something a little bit different. Censoring it for the 3 people who are going to buy it is stupid.

Ralizah

BTW, it's now up for preorder online at Gamestop and Amazon in the U.S.

Already got my copy pre-ordered.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Since the original poster (@CanisWolfred 😭) is no longer here can we get a mod (@Meowpheel or @Waluigi)to change the title? It's just bothering me for whatever reason. (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)

Definitely want this but I rarely pre-order anything these days. I will pick it up when it comes out. With Atlus involved it might just have a special edition on all first prints. If not then this is one game I'll most likely want a CD for.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Souldin

@Grumblevolcano: That is wonderful news to hear; thanks for posting it here.

I'm glad to see that we are receiving a special edition and shall aim to obtain it. This also relieves my worries I had that the game could have ended up as a digital download only outside of Japan.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Despite owning the Japanese version of the game, I would be interested in getting the NA one if it also has a special edition.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Grumblevolcano

@Kazuo: It is available for both NA and EU. There's no tweet yet because it's only 7am on the west coast.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Kazuo: Amazon and GameStop only and I'm not sure how that works for Canada.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@Grumblevolcano ah, nice!
It will probably be $100 Canadian though...

@Spoony_Tech
Oh yeah, a lot of these exclusive things seem to be different in Canada. GameStop sometimes means EB Games, but I don't know for sure if it will be like that for this.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

Ralizah

Normal edition for me, please! I have enough SEs cluttering up my house.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

yokokazuo

@Tsurii I believe it is just the costumes which are also sold separately.
Untitled
These should be the costumes that come with it.
All versions should come with a download code for the Atlus costumes too though. (I got it with the digital version at least.)

yokokazuo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.