Wii U Forum

Topic: Should I get a Wii U?

Showing 21 to 40 of 53

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Banker-Style

21. Posted:

The 3DS has a brilliant library of games available and certainly worth getting,but I must admit the Wii U has been picking itself up for the past couple of months.
So if you can afford it,get both.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Blast

22. Posted:

Get a Wii U first THEN a 3DS.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bessestad

23. Posted:

3DS is a commercial success, Wii U is a commercial failure. With that i dont mean to put any of them in any more-or less negative/positive light only say that its quite obvious where you will find the games both now and in the future. I myself doesnt have a 3DS, only a Wii U, and i am very pleased with it - then again
the console is the only one that i have so i dont mind that many games are old Xbox 360-ports or games that also is being released on those older platforms (since i dont have them). There is plenty of great games to be experienced, but it kinda depends on where you come from.. If you already have had Xbox 360 and/or Playstation 3 there really isnt that much content to grab. To be honest. Wii U is in a weird state right now.. every publisher have stepped away and are waiting to see if Q4 will save the console until giving any further support.. In reality that means that for whats left of 2013 is a bunch of Ubisoft games and some Nintendo first-party titles (essentially) and in 2014... its just.. Nintendo and indie-games on the eShop. Then again.. if no one buys Wii U because they fear it has no future it speaks for itself that it also wont get a future. Its a Catch 22.

Bessestad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mch

24. Posted:

It´s a great time to buy a Wii U. It won´t get any cheaper in the near future and many great games are already out and are coming.
And you have Miiverse!

mch

3DS Friend Code: 1263-6729-2303 | Nintendo Network ID: marck13

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Coggit

25. Posted:

Go with the 3DS. Sure, Wii U has a solid few months, but after that, once all of their exclusives have been released it's pretty much gonna go back to how it was a few months ago - a total lack of games. Unless of course they decide to release more marios, more SSB, more MKs etc etc... but well... that would seem unlikely going by earlier generations.

Coggit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

26. Posted:

Coggit wrote:

Wii U has a solid few months, but after that, once all of their exclusives have been released it's pretty much gonna go back to how it was a few months ago

How did you predict the future? I didn't know anyone could do that.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Coggit

27. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Coggit wrote:

Wii U has a solid few months, but after that, once all of their exclusives have been released it's pretty much gonna go back to how it was a few months ago

How did you predict the future? I didn't know anyone could do that.

Simple; the damage has been done. Every single Wii U exclusive has flopped. The Wii U's main exclusive, ZombiU was a total flop that led to Ubisoft making Rayman multi-platform, that made them rule out a ZombiU sequel and ruled out any other Wii U exclusives. Then there was Lego City, which despite all the advertising, sold less than ZombiU. Once Sonic flops next month (like 101 did), no sane developer is going to give the Wii U the time of day, nevermind exclusives.

Coggit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bessestad

28. Posted:

Also, you dont really have to predict the future when the list of future-titles are already out there... ;-)

Bessestad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

29. Posted:

The 3DS is cheaper, has a larger game library, and drought periods seem to be a thing of the past with the device.
None of the things the Wii U is. I'd recommend waiting on the Wii U for now. There just aren't that many exclusive worthwhile games for it yet. The 3DS, on the other hand, should be gotten.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

30. Posted:

Coggit wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Coggit wrote:

Wii U has a solid few months, but after that, once all of their exclusives have been released it's pretty much gonna go back to how it was a few months ago

How did you predict the future? I didn't know anyone could do that.

Simple; the damage has been done. Every single Wii U exclusive has flopped. The Wii U's main exclusive, ZombiU was a total flop that led to Ubisoft making Rayman multi-platform, that made them rule out a ZombiU sequel and ruled out any other Wii U exclusives. Then there was Lego City, which despite all the advertising, sold less than ZombiU. Once Sonic flops next month (like 101 did), no sane developer is going to give the Wii U the time of day, nevermind exclusives.

Who said lego city floped it was one of the best wiiu games for the longest time i want to see a source...please plus gamestop sold out online of WWHD figure edition,101 floped because not enough units were shiped, gamestops all over the world only got a few copys of the game...your also most likly not putting digital sales into account. Now do your homework on the sales.

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Coggit

31. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Who said lego city floped it was one of the best wiiu games for the longest time i want to see a source...please plus gamestop sold out online of WWHD figure edition,101 floped because not enough units were shiped, gamestops all over the world only got a few copys of the game...your also most likly not putting digital sales into account. Now do your homework on the sales.

Lego City has sold less than ZombiU - hardly considered a success. Gamestop isn't even "all over the world" - we certainly don't have it in England, and our main gaming store, Game never sold out of 101 and no one on any UK forums has complained of lack of stock. In fact, I was in Game today, and they still had stock. Failed to reach the top 40, and fell out of the top 20 in Japan in 1 week.

I'm also confused by you are using WWHD Figure Edition selling out as a positive? Genuinely confused. Considering the Wii U's poor sales, not many special editions would have been made anyway (certainely no where near the likes of games like GTA V's Limited Editions). Not only that, but Nintendo themselves were also advertising it as "severely limited" in their YouTube videos (or something to that effect). So selling out of a severely limited edition game on a platform that isn't selling well (so therefore less limited editions made) isn't exactly a huge positive ;) Selling out in stores of the normal edition (like most big releases on other consoles do (GTA, Last of Us etc etc) would be a big plus for Nintendo.

Pikmin 3, the only Wii U game since launch week to enter the UK charts fell out of the top 20 after 1 week (in other words, wii U owners bought it, and then there wasn't anyone else to buy it later since the install base is so low). And in the UK, Wii U sales dropped by 3% the week following Pikmin's release.

TLDR; you say that Lego City is one of the best Wii U games, sure, not denying that, however being a good game doesn't always translate in sales - which has been the story of the Wii U since launch day (ZombiU, Pikmin 3, 101 (although I think 101 was a pile of crap, many seemed to enjoy it!)). The fact that the WIi U's third best selling game, ZombiU, is considered a huge flop by the developers should be worrying enough.

Edited on by Coggit

Coggit

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

32. Posted:

No, Wii U really sucks.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

33. Posted:

No. I'd only recommend it if you're interested in most of the games out now and nearly every game that's already announced for future on the system, because otherwise you won't have much to play.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

34. Posted:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Coggit wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Coggit wrote:

Wii U has a solid few months, but after that, once all of their exclusives have been released it's pretty much gonna go back to how it was a few months ago

How did you predict the future? I didn't know anyone could do that.

Simple; the damage has been done. Every single Wii U exclusive has flopped. The Wii U's main exclusive, ZombiU was a total flop that led to Ubisoft making Rayman multi-platform, that made them rule out a ZombiU sequel and ruled out any other Wii U exclusives. Then there was Lego City, which despite all the advertising, sold less than ZombiU. Once Sonic flops next month (like 101 did), no sane developer is going to give the Wii U the time of day, nevermind exclusives.

Who said lego city floped it was one of the best wiiu games for the longest time i want to see a source...please plus gamestop sold out online of WWHD figure edition,101 floped because not enough units were shiped, gamestops all over the world only got a few copys of the game...your also most likly not putting digital sales into account. Now do your homework on the sales.

Lego City was a flop but we don't know the sales expectations that were put on it. I hate the fact that means that were probably never going to see Lego make a quality game on any of their other properties. We also don't know how many limited editions WWHD models there were. Gamestop also sold out of Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade but we ended up finding out that wasn't the case. Wonderful 101 was going to fail either way because of Platinum and the fact that its two similar to Pikmin 3.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

35. Posted:

Coggit wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Who said lego city floped it was one of the best wiiu games for the longest time i want to see a source...please plus gamestop sold out online of WWHD figure edition,101 floped because not enough units were shiped, gamestops all over the world only got a few copys of the game...your also most likly not putting digital sales into account. Now do your homework on the sales.

Lego City has sold less than ZombiU - hardly considered a success. Gamestop isn't even "all over the world" - we certainly don't have it in England, and our main gaming store, Game never sold out of 101 and no one on any UK forums has complained of lack of stock. In fact, I was in Game today, and they still had stock. Failed to reach the top 40, and fell out of the top 20 in Japan in 1 week.

I'm also confused by you are using WWHD Figure Edition selling out as a positive? Genuinely confused. Considering the Wii U's poor sales, not many special editions would have been made anyway (certainely no where near the likes of games like GTA V's Limited Editions). Not only that, but Nintendo themselves were also advertising it as "severely limited" in their YouTube videos (or something to that effect). So selling out of a severely limited edition game on a platform that isn't selling well (so therefore less limited editions made) isn't exactly a huge positive ;) Selling out in stores of the normal edition (like most big releases on other consoles do (GTA, Last of Us etc etc) would be a big plus for Nintendo.

Pikmin 3, the only Wii U game since launch week to enter the UK charts fell out of the top 20 after 1 week (in other words, wii U owners bought it, and then there wasn't anyone else to buy it later since the install base is so low). And in the UK, Wii U sales dropped by 3% the week following Pikmin's release.

TLDR; you say that Lego City is one of the best Wii U games, sure, not denying that, however being a good game doesn't always translate in sales - which has been the story of the Wii U since launch day (ZombiU, Pikmin 3, 101 (although I think 101 was a pile of crap, many seemed to enjoy it!)). The fact that the WIi U's second best selling game, ZombiU, is considered a huge flop by the developers should be worrying enough.

1.i meant game stores 2.i still want a source on lego city(ign article or something...even a pic of the chart) 3.that goes for US and canada 4.i didn't say anything about pikmin. 5.you still did not say any thing about digital because if you remember if you download pikmin you get 30% off 101(that affected 101 and pikmin retail sales) 5. the 2 best selling wii u game was NSMBU

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

36. Posted:

@Coggit
I say this to everyone, and here's the most simple way I can put it:
"It ain't over 'til it's over", and it ain't over.

If you seriously think Nintendo can't pick up after a time when all odds were against them, then I'm afraid you've forgotten everything Nintendo has done in worse situations, and how many bullets Sony has taken with the likes of the PSP(early on), PS3(4 years after launch), and currently with the PS Vita.

The Monster Hunter series has basically sold as many copies on the 3DS as every game in the entire PS Vita library, combined.

Let's not even get into how much money Microsoft has poured into this stuff...

Knowing those occurrences have happened, and were arguably worse, I'm afraid I can't take you seriously.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bessestad

37. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Coggit
I say this to everyone, and here's the most simple way I can put it:
"It ain't over 'til it's over", and it ain't over.

If you seriously think Nintendo can't pick up after a time when all odds were against them, then I'm afraid you've forgotten everything Nintendo has done in worse situations, and how many bullets Sony has taken with the likes of the PSP(early on), PS3(4 years after launch), and currently with the PS Vita.

The Monster Hunter series has basically sold as many copies on the 3DS as every game in the entire PS Vita library, combined.

Let's not even get into how much money Microsoft has poured into this stuff...

Knowing those occurrences have happened, and were arguably worse, I'm afraid I can't take you seriously.

As they managed to get Gamecube going? Or Virtual Boy? Its sad, but currently Wii U is the worst selling main-Nintendo console to date, Gamecube and Nintendo 64 was never this low - neither was or is Vita, PSP or PS3. Even if Nintendo manages to pick up the pace its unlikely that it will sell even close to Gamecube, even.

Bessestad

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

38. Posted:

Coggit wrote:

Simple; the damage has been done. Every single Wii U exclusive has flopped. The Wii U's main exclusive, ZombiU was a total flop that led to Ubisoft making Rayman multi-platform, that made them rule out a ZombiU sequel and ruled out any other Wii U exclusives. Then there was Lego City, which despite all the advertising, sold less than ZombiU. Once Sonic flops next month (like 101 did), no sane developer is going to give the Wii U the time of day, nevermind exclusives.

In late 2011 you would have said the same about the 3DS, things can and do change. Also if you look at VGChartz in early September 2011 the 3DS had three games in the top 50: Starfox 64 3D, Ocarina of Time 3D and Nintendogs + Cats. Week ending 7th Sep 2013 the Wii U has Rayman Legends, New Super Luigi U, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3 and New Super Mario Bros U. So it's really not in a worse position than the 3DS was.

and things are getting better. Rayman Legends did sell best on the Wii U even though it does look like the sales, at least the physical ones, aren't that fantastic. Plus there's the fact that we haven't yet seen the impact of the Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, DKC:TF, Mario Kart 8 or Smash Bros. All of which are series that have proven to do very well indeed. Not saying it's going to end up winning, if that even matters, but just that I wouldn't write it off.

Plus what does that have to do with the question anyway? The two devices are entirely different so the comparison is nonsense. As it always is anyone asking these sort of questions should look at the content, consider how they're going to play and get the one that best suits. Copy paste that for every one of these threads that can be or will ever be made.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

skywake

39. Posted:

Bessestad wrote:

As they managed to get Gamecube going? Or Virtual Boy? Its sad, but currently Wii U is the worst selling main-Nintendo console to date, Gamecube and Nintendo 64 was never this low - neither was or is Vita, PSP or PS3. Even if Nintendo manages to pick up the pace its unlikely that it will sell even close to Gamecube, even.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the PS3 and 360 were both in almost the same position Wii U currently is a year after launch. The 3DS was also in as bad a spot as the Wii U is although arguably worse because portables are expected to sell better. People were starting to write articles about how the 3DS was another Virtual Boy. Same with the Vita although the Vita hasn't really looked like it was going to recover so far and has quite a while to do so.

Surprising that everyone expects console launches to be like the Wii or PS2. Most consoles don't rush out of the gate like that....

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bessestad

40. Posted:

skywake wrote:

Bessestad wrote:

As they managed to get Gamecube going? Or Virtual Boy? Its sad, but currently Wii U is the worst selling main-Nintendo console to date, Gamecube and Nintendo 64 was never this low - neither was or is Vita, PSP or PS3. Even if Nintendo manages to pick up the pace its unlikely that it will sell even close to Gamecube, even.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the PS3 and 360 were both in almost the same position...

If that wishful thinking makes you feel better over the situation, sure. But no, neither PS3 or Xbox 360 had the problems that Wii U has - neither in terms of market interest (rather lack of) or the lack of third party support.

Bessestad