Wii U Forum

Topic: Pikmin 3

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,328

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

121. Posted:

Which is sad and makes me question nintendo's grasp on online. The 3DS had a pitiful online setup and this isnt looking any better on the first party games front.

I don't think all games need to be online but it the game has a mutiplayer mode should have it online. Not everyone has people to play locally or have poeple interested in playing local.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

122. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

Has this kid played Pikmin before?

I'm betting 'no'
Hell, i can't even picture myself wanting to play it 'online' let alone a 2 player mode with Pikmin 3. Then again, it could be great.
But my focus is on the single player experience, because 'that' is what Pikmin is all about. The first Pikmin was genious I was totaly suprised by it on the Wii. So in preperation for Pikmin 3 i pre-ordered Pikmin 2 for the Wii a week ago which I'm dieing to check out! B-)
Then again, I'm known for buying new releases and never playing them haha. I'm stuck in RETRO land. :p Or better yet SUBCON tee hee.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

123. Posted:

Uprising's and Mario Kart's online seem fine to me. :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

124. Posted:

Waveboy is stuck in Subcon? That makes both of us. ♥

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

125. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Which is sad and makes me question nintendo's grasp on online. The 3DS had a pitiful online setup and this isnt looking any better on the first party games front.

I don't think all games need to be online but it the game has a mutiplayer mode should have it online. Not everyone has people to play locally or have poeple interested in playing local.

[/div]

I know i should just ignore, but what's up with all of this anti-nintendo negative mumbo jumbo? This is a nintendo based site, why are Sony/Xbox fans(the ones that seem to despise nintendo) posting about a console, a company or nintendo based games that they don't even like in the first place? I know not everything is sunshine and lollipops, but it's basically the same thing as me hitting up a PS3 based site and dishing out negative comments towards the Vita.

I'm sure 'you're' interesting(i think?) in the Wii U otherwise you wouldn't be posting about it, but why all the negativy bud? :p

Edited on by WaveWarlock

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

126. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

SMB2 > Every other Mario platformer on the face of the planet
Wart > Bowser

There i said it. :p

I wish GoodFeel the creaters of Wario Land Shake it! and Kirby's Epic yarn would do a spiritual Successor to SMB2. They'd put a lot more visual flair and imagination into than nintendo would.

AuthorMessage

KaiserGX

127. Posted:

You're just saying that... ♥

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

128. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

[/div]

SMB2 > Every other Mario platformer on the face of the planet
Wart > Bowser

There i said it. :p

I wish GoodFeel the creaters of Wario Land Shake it! and Kirby's Epic yarn would do a spiritual Successor to SMB2. They'd put a lot more visual flair and imagination into than nintendo would.

I'm hoping that they will do Yoshi's Island first. :p

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

129. Posted:

@Eureka

I meant as in needing a patch. And stuff such as not getting a notification to add them back.

And when is expecting more considered hating a company.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

130. Posted:

Miss_Birdo wrote:

You're just saying that... ♥

[/div]

Ya i guess. Even though SMB2 is my favorite game of all time. :pI want to blast back to 89' and experience it all over again.
Youngster mullet and all. lol And visually, I've got to say i find it more appealing and beautiful than SMB3. I'm a sucker for anything dream related hehe

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

131. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

@Eureka

I meant as in needing a patch. And stuff such as not getting a notification to add them back.

And when is expecting more considered hating a company.

You never seem to hate on Sony. Hell I may love nintendo but I'm not biased at all. After all I was one of the big complainers along with the zillions over their E3 presentation. :p But c'mon, this is Pikmin 3. Why focus on all of this 'online' talk. Wouldn't you rather talk about the actual game itself. Like how amazing it's looking graphically and the possibilities of the GamePad screen/motion control based ideas?

This threads turned into "rawr rawr, me mad! No online! Nintendo Boo!"
Maybe it's because i grew up in th golden age of gaming where online didn't exsist....And i still don't really care for it in this day age, i actually despise most of it. It's 2nd rate and empty in comparison to playing 'together' The only real upside is that you get your own screen, which is why Lan play is good stuff. ;)

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

132. Posted:

Yeah, I wanna know more about, you know...the actual story mode. Will there be caves like from Pikmin 2? Are those actual Flying Pikmin? Will there be any other new Pikmin? Will we be seeing some old bosses? (Man-at-Legs was fun, and I miss that mushroom thing from the first game, lol)

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

133. Posted:

Then You haven't read some of the threads in the other gaming section. I crap on Sony pretty hard.
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/sony_will_not...
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/other_gaming/updated_specs...

My name is a joke from chat.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Adam

134. Posted:

It's been asked if he's played Pikmin before, and you just said you're still waiting for Pikmin 2, the game that brought multiplayer to Pikmin. Co-op is just like single-player, except with more players. I don't see the problem with wanting that. Online would allow more people to access this mode, and it would be a nice game to play and voice chat with internet friends, such as any of the nice folk here.

(Edited once I realized I just repeated myself from last page.)

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

135. Posted:

While online is definitely a big part of the future of gaming, and it is a bit disappointing that this game, as far as we are aware, does not have online, that does not affect me as much as it did with, say, StarFox, as it's multiplayer mode makes more sense for online, and adds replay ability to an otherwise short game. It shouldn't be a deal breaker here, as I'm assuming that the MP mode would just be a fun distraction as it was in 2.

Although the lack of online I will agree is stupid, I won't let it ruin the game. Obviously some will be put off at the lack of... online multiplayer in Pikmin...?

...Wait...NO. I literally just realized after I finished that sentence. How does that happen?

I'm seriously trying to be as empathetic as I can, but HOW CAN THAT BE A DEAL BREAKER? I mean, YEAH, it's disappointing and stupid to exclude it, but Pikmin is a SINGLE PLAYER ADVENTURE about 93% of the time. I see how it can knock of some points, but how can anyone really judge the likes of Pikmin, a game almost ENTIRELY about the Main Adventure, badly based on lack of Online in Multiplayer?

If Uncharted 3's multiplayer wasn't online, some people would be upset but would someone refuse to buy the game? That...just doesn't compute.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Adam

136. Posted:

There is nothing to compute here. The internet is a place with people and their opinions, many of which will be different from yours, even if you type in caps.

I liked multiplayer better than singleplayer in both Pikmin 2 and Uncharted 3. I'm not saying it's a deal breaker for Pikmin 3 for me, but I could understand it being one for some.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

137. Posted:

Well why continue to focus on the negative(ahem no online) and just let it be? being upset and complaining about it isn't going to magically make Online happen. Not directing this at you Adam but just he people who are upset about it in general. And ya, i haven't played Pikmin 2 nor it's multiplayer obviously so i guess i'm not even in the right to form an actual opinion on what 'Pikmin Multiplayer' is like.

Maybe there's a slight chance Miyamoto might change his tune? Nahhh, we all know that's not going to happen. :P As far as online experiences go, i definitly want it to be there 'and' LAG FREE in the next Smash bros since Brawls online at least based on my experiencse is practically unplayable...
I look forward to pouncing you N'lifers with Fox Mcloud and the inevitable Little Mac. :D....Here's hoping for Mega M!

Edited on by WaveWarlock

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

138. Posted:

Adam wrote:

There is nothing to compute here. The internet is a place with people and their opinions, many of which will be different from yours, even if you type in caps.

I liked multiplayer better than singleplayer in both Pikmin 2 and Uncharted 3. I'm not saying it's a deal breaker for Pikmin 3 for me, but I could understand it being one for some.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. I just wasn't thinking that way as both games are Singleplayer focused, so I just assumed that people weren't buying it for the Multiplayer.
Sorry about the Caps, I was honestly confused before. Thanks for enlightening me.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

139. Posted:

After playing Pikmin 2 on Wii, I'm more stoked about it. The game plays SOOO much better with Wiimote and nunchuk.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

140. Posted:

Nah nintendo doesn't want the game delayed. I'm cool with it just dismayed.

WAT!