Forums

Topic: NSMBU

Posts 541 to 560 of 585

TheKingOfTown

CactusJackson wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

After beating the final boss the other day, I think that this is the best game in the NSMB series but at the same time, it felt like I had played it before. I think the game got better the farther you progress and visually it looked amazing, but we need a more original 2D Mario game now.

agreed.

Good-Feel, where are you?

Hopefully working on a Yoshi's Island sequel for Wii U.

Better not be as boring as Kirby's Yarn.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

e-love

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Yeah.
It would be a travesty if any game even as much as reached the amount of wonder and charm that game presented.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Banker-Style

I got this for Christmas,but I haven't even open the game box yet.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Happy_Mask

Emaan wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Yeah.
It would be a travesty if any game even as much as reached the amount of wonder and charm that game presented.

Stop being so correct! >:[

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

Happy_Mask wrote:

Stop being so correct! >:[

I can't help it. I'll defend Kirby's Epic Yarn any time, any day.

e-love

On another note, can anyone else agree these level designs are some of the best in the Mario series to date?

It's like, every level is something new. I love how they take a concept and they just go with it for the whole level. Nintendo finally let their imagination run wild with this one. Best "New" 2D Mario by far.

GamecubeMan

Emaan wrote:

On another note, can anyone else agree these level designs are some of the best in the Mario series to date?

I haven’t actually seen most of the levels in NSMBU but, judging by how the boss battles designs look; they look better than ever.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

e-love

@GCM, the bosses are nothing compared to the actual levels. Look up some!

TheKingOfTown

Emaan wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Yeah.

Sure it looked amazing, but it felt like I was just moving forward, and maybe jumping or killing an enemy once in a while. That's just me though.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Chrono_Cross

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Sure it looked amazing, but it felt like I was just moving forward, and maybe jumping or killing an enemy once in a while. That's just me though.

It had more going for it than NSMBU. Which, is what you clearly described.

It's Kirby, it's not supposed to be overly complexed or insanely difficult. Epic Yarn had power ups solely designed for most levels. It was creative and unique in all aspects.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TheKingOfTown

CactusJackson wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

It had more going for it than NSMBU. Which, is what you clearly described.

It's Kirby, it's not supposed to be overly complexed or insanely difficult. Epic Yarn had power ups solely designed for most levels. It was creative and unique in all aspects.

It still needs some level of challenge though. It didn't really seem like a game to me. There was no way of losing.
You're right, it is creative and unique. But, that doesn't mean much if I'm not having fun. But once again, that's just me. My 19 year old brother loved it so, my opinion obviously isn't the popular one.

e-love

Just beat this game. That final battle with Bowser was beyond awesome! Gosh I love this game.

MetalMario

This is my favorite New Super Mario Bros. game so far. Hopefully the Squirrel suit is here to stay.

MetalMario

Nintendo Network ID: MetalMario64

e-love

MetalMario wrote:

This is my favorite New Super Mario Bros. game so far. Hopefully the Squirrel suit is here to stay.

Just think, in 10 years they could bring it back for nostalgia.

WiiWareWave

I can't wait to get this once my Wii U is sent back from Nintendo!

Edited on by WiiWareWave

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

PSN ID: Rukiafan7
NNID: Rukiafan7
Switch FC: SW-6328-7327-5891 ~WiiWareWav~

Switch Friend Code: SW-6328-7327-5891 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiafan7 | Twitter:

e-love

So how is everyone doing on all the star coins?

I only have them all in Acorn Plains so far, since Nintendo Land was taking up most of my time since Christmas.

Chrono_Cross

Emaan wrote:

So how is everyone doing on all the star coins?

I only have them all in Acorn Plains so far, since Nintendo Land was taking up most of my time since Christmas.

I found it slightly easier than Wii. Actually, a lot easier. Maybe it's my enhanced skills since November, 2009, or, it's the fact that the formula is so predictable after all these years it has become natural.

Either way, one of the "hardest" levels in the game was really easy (yet undeniably intense), for me as I completed it in one try with all three star coins.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

My G-d, I used the Search Bar and actually found what I was looking for! Albeit I had to go through 10 pages, and the Acronym in the title didn't help one bit.

Alright, I finally played the demo at Gamestop. I'm late to the party, I know, but...I was actually surprisingly pleased with the game. I knew the game was more impressive than the last couple of Mario games, but I had a blast for the two levels I played. So much so that I might actually make this game a high priority to pick up once I get a Wii U. Considering my horrible track record with every 2D Mario game after the original, I really didn't see that coming at all.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

AaronB

I finally got the last star coin in the last level today. Some of those star levels, especially that ice and the pendulum one, took a lot of attempts. The water star level I completed the first time with all three coins though - holding a baby Yoshi makes swimming easier.

AaronB

noname001

Whaaaa? How does a baby yoshi make it easier? I gotta go try this

noname001

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.