Forums

Topic: NSMBU

Posts 521 to 540 of 585

bonesy91

This game gets pretty hard earlier on than I expected. Well, collecting the 3 star coins in later levels.... I almost threw my wiimote a few times which I have not done since the days of mario party 1 on n64 lol.

Thank you nintendo for making games challenging again, especially compared to the walk in the park NSMB wii.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

Hokori

Just beat the first worl and it's amazing

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

DonnyKD

Does anyone know the name of the Boost Rush packs and the levels they have? Just for curiosities sake.

DonnyKD

Chrono_Cross

evildevil97 wrote:

I'd agree if it weren't for Pendulum Castle. Had to resort to Boost Mode for the third star coin, since I couldnt time it well enough.

Am I the only one who found the Star Road levels easy? I beat the sixth level in one try, all three coins. Pendulum Castle was one of the easier ones as well. Wii's had more challenge when it came to star road, which is disappointing since U had a very consistent difficulty range overall.

Noxia wrote:

I have not discovered star road yet. Do levels have multiple exits like in Mario World?

Yes but no. Yes because there are multiple paths to discover, but no, none lead to star road. Disappoint face.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

GamecubeMan

At any point to you have to use the gamepad to get a Star Coins in the Story Mode
For instance, lets say a Star Coin is unobtainable with Mario alone and you need to place blocks to reach a Star Coin or something?

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

No, I never had to use the Gamepad and I got every single star coin in the game. I would wager that it just makes them easier to collect.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

evildevil97

Fun Koopaling fact: Between all the NSMB games, SMB3, and SMW, there is only one Koopaling who didn't use pipes as a major part of a boss fight, and that's Larry.

In SMW, Lemmy and Wendy hid in pipes. In NSMBW, Roy dropped out of pipes. In NSMB2, Morton and his spike ball rolled into a pipe at the bottom of the screen. Also in NSMB2, there were pipes used to help reach Ludwig as he swings around. In NSMBU, Iggy runs or rolls in pipes.

For some reason, I find this piece of trivia interesting. Pipes have been used a lot in Koopaling fights, to various degrees.

evildevil97

Nintendo Network ID: evildevil97

e-love

Just got this for Christmas! Loving it so far, the levels are beautiful!

We're leaving town now, hence us opening presents early, but I'll be back to it soon enough.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Noxia

Really disappointed that nothing happens when you get all the star coins including SS road ones. Mario World had a little treat when you finished star road. I guess I'll keep hold of it for a replay at some point, some levels I really don't know how we would have done without boost mode!

Noxia

MarioKenny1992

Noxia wrote:

Really disappointed that nothing happens when you get all the star coins including SS road ones. Mario World had a little treat when you finished star road. I guess I'll keep hold of it for a replay at some point, some levels I really don't know how we would have done without boost mode!

at least you still have the challenges but yeah, it does sound pretty lame, but I didn't get every star coin yet

"I almost feel sorry for you knowing you can't enjoy Call of Duty, and that your taste in video games is so ****. But the fact that you don't like call of duty makes me fell zero simpathy for u." - MonkeyGameGuides, also known as Monk Monk

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1302-5737 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperMarioKenny

Noxia

Yeah. More worried that my Wii U will now gather dust until another Mario or Zelda comes out in years away. I should learn though, never get a console on release day

Noxia

e-love

So I'm more than doubling up on all these 2D sidecrollers of mine.

My problem: I'm worried Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Donkey Kong Country Returns are vasty overshadowing NSMBU for me. They just seem so much better (and they kind of are). What to do...

Otherwise, I'm enjoying this game a lot.

Mreow

The secret passageway on 1-2 is amazingly nostalgic.

Mreow

Happy_Mask

Emaan wrote:

So I'm more than doubling up on all these 2D sidecrollers of mine.

My problem: I'm worried Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Donkey Kong Country Returns are vasty overshadowing NSMBU for me. They just seem so much better (and they kind of are). What to do...

Otherwise, I'm enjoying this game a lot.

While they may not necessarily be better, it could be that they're more original, and therefore you wanna play them more. But I do agree that KRTD is better than it. .-.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

e-love

I've decided to focus more on this game at least until I beat it. The other two can wait.

ThePirateCaptain

After beating the final boss the other day, I think that this is the best game in the NSMB series but at the same time, it felt like I had played it before. I think the game got better the farther you progress and visually it looked amazing, but we need a more original 2D Mario game now.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

kkslider5552000

CapnPancakez wrote:

After beating the final boss the other day, I think that this is the best game in the NSMB series but at the same time, it felt like I had played it before. I think the game got better the farther you progress and visually it looked amazing, but we need a more original 2D Mario game now.

agreed.

Good-Feel, where are you?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Chrono_Cross

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

agreed.

Good-Feel, where are you?

Hopefully working on a Yoshi's Island sequel for Wii U.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

zoroarkrules25

This game is fun but so hard i just made it to the rock candy mines.

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

GamecubeMan

Noxia wrote:

The same thing happened in Wii, so I'm not surprised

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.