Forums

Topic: Nintendo trying to acquire Rare

Posts 101 to 120 of 159

SomeBitTripFan

@DudeSean:

Oh! I thought Nintendo owned more than half of Rare, like how they own Retro Studios,Monolith Soft, or Intelligent Systems. Thanks for the correction.

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

moomoo

DudeSean wrote:

All the top people? The Stamper brothers are two people. You mean all two of them left? And the other guys who left, that I mentioned above who formed other game companies, were only at Rare from like 1995 to 2000 or less than that.

Oh, and I missed one, Lee Ray also left Rare to join Free Radical.

They founded the company. They gave the studio the vision to create new, fun, and truly creative experiences.
Imagine if Miyamoto left Nintendo during the Cube/Wii era. Even if everyone else remained at Nintendo, would we really have stuff like Pikmin, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, etc.? I highly doubt it. Vision may not be as integral to a game as coding, but it allows it to be something that actually matters.
Generally speaking, paychecks are delt out mainly based off of the importance of the holders position. Yes, other things are involved, like seniority, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that the highest paid positions revolve around those like art design, while the lowest paid ones are nearly always coders, the people that allow for the game to be an actual game rather than a bunch of sketches and ideas. Does this mean their job is easier? No, not by any stretch of the imagination (Petit Computer tought me that). But when you have top people that give vision leave, and a bunch people without that, where does that lead you?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

shingi_70

WiiUOnly wrote:

Rare is definitely not the company they used to be. If Nintendo were to buy them back, it would probably be more for their IPs than anything else.

Well people left. Still I'd say Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata are probably the two most creative games they have made.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

DudeSean

@moomoo You still have people with up to 20 years of experience working with them. Miyamoto won't be at Nintendo forever. One sad day he's going to retire and when the time comes we're just going to have the people that worked with him. I have faith in those people. Similarly, I have faith in the people at Rare. Plus, it's not like the Stamper Brothers were THAT creative... they mostly made games similar to Nintendo's (DKC - Super Mario; DK64 - Super Mario 64, Starfox Adventures - Zelda) or other games (Killer Instinct - Mortal Kombat).
@WiiUOnly Well, their IPs would be a huge reason to acquire them, in my opinion. Plus, if Nintendo owned Rare they could just send people to Rare to work with them, just like they do with Retro.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

DudeSean

Retro has disappointed me, actually. I'm not as in love with Retro as most people are.

DudeSean

Chrono_Cross

DudeSean wrote:

Retro has disappointed me, actually. I'm not as in love with Retro as most people are.

There's no reason to be, really.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

DudeSean

I have my reasons. Okay? Sheesh. What is it with people on this forum that they can't accept the fact that different people have different opinions.

"Actually, your opinion is wrong."

DudeSean

GameLord08

DudeSean wrote:

I have my reasons. Okay? Sheesh. What is it with people on this forum that they can't accept the fact that different people have different opinions.

He never actually contradicted your opinion, he just offered his own perspective in relation to yours. Calm the blooming heck down, and refrain from taking out other debates on unrelated users. You are aware of what I'm referring to.

Edited on by GameLord08

GameLord08

SMEXIZELDAMAN

DudeSean wrote:

[/div]

Chrono meant there is no reason to be in love with Rare, thus agreeing with you (At least that's what it seemed like he was trying to say.) Please tone it down just a bit though, dood ^_^ Thanks man. We try to keep the conversations polite and friendly around here.

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

DudeSean

Really? Because every time I post on this forum someone always comes along and tells me why my opinion is wrong. If you wanna converse, that's fine, but flat out telling me that my opinion is wrong is not going to be responded to with the utmost politeness.

DudeSean

grumblebuzzz

DudeSean wrote:

Really? Because every time I post on this forum someone always comes along and tells me why my opinion is wrong. If you wanna converse, that's fine, but flat out telling me that my opinion is wrong is not going to be responded to with the utmost politeness.

I would say 85% of Nintendolife people are just kinda rude and looking to flame someone I've discovered. 9 times out of 10, I just post my opinion and then leave. It's the most popular Nintendo forum out there, so what can ya do? (shrug)

But yeah, this current incarnation of Rare definitely isn't anything to be enamored with and it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't just a rumor because I fail to see what Nintendo would want with them; purchasing the rights to franchises is one thing, but buying a dying game company is another. While we're speaking of rumors, though, the one about trouble going on between Retro Studios and Nintendo is one that does worry me a little bit.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

grumblebuzzz

I need to start spending more time on the retro forums then. In most of the modern gaming ones, if you have a complaint, you're a "whiner", if you have a controversial opinion, you need to "stop talking because you're an idiot". Also a lot of the time, they just ignore you and talk to each other, which is definitely the least of the evils but still feels a bit like high school.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

DudeSean

Yeah, I need to calm down. My bad.

DudeSean

GameLord08

DudeSean wrote:

[/div]

You're agitated, and therefore, you're exaggerating. I don't think I've seen anybody who went flat out "You're wrong, end of." to you in any discussion (except maybe one, but he's just the resident opinionated journo, and he means no harm.) Mostly, everybody just states that they disagree or offers a perspective on your own, and gives considerably strong reasoning as to why. If you find that to be a flat-out statement, then that must say a whole lot.

Nobody's out to get you, just chill your drawers, because you're blatantly taking everything too sensitively. It's an online forum, there are bound to be considerably heated debates - so just debate and keep it civil, and if someone thinks you are wrong, then just stick to whatever you believe, even as unrealistic as it may seem. No need to call the Forumcaust on everything.

Edited on by GameLord08

GameLord08

HaNks

this would be amazing whatever the likelyhood. killer instinct HD re-release on wii-u with online. that's what i call a recipe for some monster gaming.

Edited on by HaNks

HaNks

Electricmastro

This is how awesome Rare is, but it would be even awesomer if they were still with Nintendo:

Banjo-Kazooie - All Spiral Mountain Themes

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

GamerGirlAshley

As long as we get a legit new Banjo game I'll be happy.

GamerGirlAshley

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.