Wii U Forum

Topic: Nintendo trying to acquire Rare

Showing 101 to 120 of 164

AuthorMessage

WiiUOnly

101. Posted:

@D33G
Rare is aware that their game is the problem and suggested Nintendo just take it out and replace it with something else. The second article I cited says that. Here it is again.

http://nintendoeverything.com/25889/rare-doesnt-know-why-donk...

wiiuonly.com
Wii U news and videos
Featured article: If Nintendo bought Rare...

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

102. Posted:

Just because Rare is okay with Nintendo changing DK64 doesn't mean Nintendo is. Maybe Nintendo would rather get back together with Rare and release it as it originally was. I've noticed Nintendo doesn't really like to go into the coding to change much to their old games. I don't know how the VC version of Majora's Mask is, but the gamecube version had slight glitches because Nintendo just ported the code over and didn't change anything to fix the glitches.

In fact, maybe if there is any truth to any of this rumor, perhaps Nintendo is just trying to acquire the rights to jetpac so they can release DK64 unaltered.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage

WiiUOnly

103. Posted:

I don't know. Even if that were so, it wouldn't explain why Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island isn't on the VC. That's pure Nintendo.

wiiuonly.com
Wii U news and videos

AuthorMessage

SomeBitTripFan

104. Posted:

@DudeSean:

Oh! I thought Nintendo owned more than half of Rare, like how they own Retro Studios,Monolith Soft, or Intelligent Systems. Thanks for the correction.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage

moomoo

105. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

All the top people? The Stamper brothers are two people. You mean all two of them left? And the other guys who left, that I mentioned above who formed other game companies, were only at Rare from like 1995 to 2000 or less than that.

Oh, and I missed one, Lee Ray also left Rare to join Free Radical.

They founded the company. They gave the studio the vision to create new, fun, and truly creative experiences.
Imagine if Miyamoto left Nintendo during the Cube/Wii era. Even if everyone else remained at Nintendo, would we really have stuff like Pikmin, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, etc.? I highly doubt it. Vision may not be as integral to a game as coding, but it allows it to be something that actually matters.
Generally speaking, paychecks are delt out mainly based off of the importance of the holders position. Yes, other things are involved, like seniority, but that still doesn't take away from the fact that the highest paid positions revolve around those like art design, while the lowest paid ones are nearly always coders, the people that allow for the game to be an actual game rather than a bunch of sketches and ideas. Does this mean their job is easier? No, not by any stretch of the imagination (Petit Computer tought me that). But when you have top people that give vision leave, and a bunch people without that, where does that lead you?

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

WiiUOnly

106. Posted:

Rare is definitely not the company they used to be. If Nintendo were to buy them back, it would probably be more for their IPs than anything else.

wiiuonly.com
Wii U news and videos

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

107. Posted:

WiiUOnly wrote:

Rare is definitely not the company they used to be. If Nintendo were to buy them back, it would probably be more for their IPs than anything else.

Well people left. Still I'd say Nuts and Bolts and Viva Pinata are probably the two most creative games they have made.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

108. Posted:

@moomoo You still have people with up to 20 years of experience working with them. Miyamoto won't be at Nintendo forever. One sad day he's going to retire and when the time comes we're just going to have the people that worked with him. I have faith in those people. Similarly, I have faith in the people at Rare. Plus, it's not like the Stamper Brothers were THAT creative... they mostly made games similar to Nintendo's (DKC - Super Mario; DK64 - Super Mario 64, Starfox Adventures - Zelda) or other games (Killer Instinct - Mortal Kombat).
@WiiUOnly Well, their IPs would be a huge reason to acquire them, in my opinion. Plus, if Nintendo owned Rare they could just send people to Rare to work with them, just like they do with Retro.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

WiiUOnly

109. Posted:

@DudeSean Good point. If Nintendo acquired Rare's IPs, they could let Retro Studios handle a good portion of them. They did a great job with DKC Returns, I'm sure they would be great at reviving other franchises as well. Retro has yet to disappoint.

Edited on by WiiUOnly

wiiuonly.com
Wii U news and videos

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

110. Posted:

Retro has disappointed me, actually. I'm not as in love with Retro as most people are.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

111. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Retro has disappointed me, actually. I'm not as in love with Retro as most people are.

There's no reason to be, really.

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

112. Posted:

I have my reasons. Okay? Sheesh. What is it with people on this forum that they can't accept the fact that different people have different opinions.

"Actually, your opinion is wrong."

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

113. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

I have my reasons. Okay? Sheesh. What is it with people on this forum that they can't accept the fact that different people have different opinions.

He never actually contradicted your opinion, he just offered his own perspective in relation to yours. Calm the blooming heck down, and refrain from taking out other debates on unrelated users. You are aware of what I'm referring to.

Edited on by GameLord08

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

SMEXIZELDAMAN

114. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

[/div]

Chrono meant there is no reason to be in love with Rare, thus agreeing with you (At least that's what it seemed like he was trying to say.) Please tone it down just a bit though, dood ^_^ Thanks man. We try to keep the conversations polite and friendly around here.

Edited on by SMEXIZELDAMAN

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥

AuthorMessage

DudeSean

115. Posted:

Really? Because every time I post on this forum someone always comes along and tells me why my opinion is wrong. If you wanna converse, that's fine, but flat out telling me that my opinion is wrong is not going to be responded to with the utmost politeness.

DudeSean

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

116. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Really? Because every time I post on this forum someone always comes along and tells me why my opinion is wrong. If you wanna converse, that's fine, but flat out telling me that my opinion is wrong is not going to be responded to with the utmost politeness.

I would say 85% of Nintendolife people are just kinda rude and looking to flame someone I've discovered. 9 times out of 10, I just post my opinion and then leave. It's the most popular Nintendo forum out there, so what can ya do? (shrug)

But yeah, this current incarnation of Rare definitely isn't anything to be enamored with and it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't just a rumor because I fail to see what Nintendo would want with them; purchasing the rights to franchises is one thing, but buying a dying game company is another. While we're speaking of rumors, though, the one about trouble going on between Retro Studios and Nintendo is one that does worry me a little bit.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

117. Posted:

So did anybody hear? Chrono's pregnant with my baby. We're going to name it SplashSolid.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

118. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

DudeSean wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

I would say 85% of Nintendolife people are just kinda rude and looking to flame someone I've discovered. 9 times out of 10, I just post my opinion and then leave. It's the most popular Nintendo forum out there, so what can ya do? (shrug)

But yeah, this current incarnation of Rare definitely isn't anything to be enamored with and it wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't just a rumor because I fail to see what Nintendo would want with them; purchasing the rights to franchises is one thing, but buying a dying game company is another. While we're speaking of rumors, though, the one about trouble going on between Retro Studios and Nintendo is one that does worry me a little bit.

I've noticed this too, 'especially' in the Wii U forum... Actually, the Retro and VC related forums on this site really are all rainbows and sunshine.
Everybody gets along, but the majority are also older users and aren't interested in wasting their time argueing over the internet and would rather disucss their mad love for everything retro such as myself and believe it or not are open to people actually having different opinions, who would of thought! :p

Edited on by WaveBoy

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

grumblebuzzz

119. Posted:

I need to start spending more time on the retro forums then. In most of the modern gaming ones, if you have a complaint, you're a "whiner", if you have a controversial opinion, you need to "stop talking because you're an idiot". Also a lot of the time, they just ignore you and talk to each other, which is definitely the least of the evils but still feels a bit like high school.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

120. Posted:

grumblebuzzz wrote:

I need to start spending more time on the retro forums then. In most of the modern gaming ones, if you have a complaint, you're a "whiner", if you have a controversial opinion, you need to "stop talking because you're an idiot". Also a lot of the time, they just ignore you and talk to each other, which is definitely the least of the evils but still feels a bit like high school.

[/div]

[/div]

I think the most annoying thing is when a topic gets derailed into the buisness side of the industry, which i personally couldn't care less about it. And then bromancing occurs after pages and pages of argueing ever so often when too up tight individuals who loves the smell of their own farts finally agree about something and get all 'deep' and intelect about something else entirely which goes into complete random territory. lol There's the whole never ending bantering that's absolutely hilarious too that goes basically nowhere where one or the other is trying to force their opinion down somebodies throat.. It's like news flash nobodies going to change somebodies stance on something, it's just how they feel and most importantly it's THEIR opinion.
I hate it when somebody states their opinion as fact. But ya, i don't bother with that crap anymore....

It's getting stale, and it's not why i come to these forums in the first place. Retro & VC are easily my favorite forums of the site, but a lot of the
crap seems to stir up in the Wii U and Wii forums. It's like a big tween high school fist fight half the time, but it's not nearly as bad as IGN's article message system, which can get pretty Troll heavy. :p

Anyways, see ya in the Retro/VC forums Grumble . :p

Edited on by WaveBoy