Wii U Forum

Topic: new LoZ art style/appearance?

Showing 21 to 40 of 62

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

21. Posted:

I just like realistic styles because it's easier to take the story more seriously and get more absorbed into it. With a cartoony art style you can make it funnier, and while that still makes for a great game, it just doesn't have as much of a lasting appeal to me. It seems the more realistic Zelda games fit better on consoles, while the cartoony ones belong on portables, or at the very least, the retro/ top-down ones should all be cartoony.

We keep using the word "realistic", but that doesn't really apply to Zelda. Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess both had distinct art styles that weren't realism, so I think we can expect to see something just as near to reality as those, but still have it's own distinct style.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WildMan

22. Posted:

Untitled
^this

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

23. Posted:

Here you are, Old School Punk!

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

24. Posted:

^^precisely the tech demo i was thinking of! whelp, im off to include the demos in the first comment :P

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

25. Posted:

Neoproteus wrote:

I just like realistic styles because it's easier to take the story more seriously and get more absorbed into it.

every Studio Ghibli film

how to prove you wrong definitively in...4 words...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

26. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Neoproteus wrote:

I just like realistic styles because it's easier to take the story more seriously and get more absorbed into it.

every Studio Ghibli film

how to prove you wrong definitively in...4 words...

this guy takes the gold.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

27. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Neoproteus wrote:

I just like realistic styles because it's easier to take the story more seriously and get more absorbed into it.

every Studio Ghibli film

how to prove you wrong definitively in...4 words...

this guy takes the gold.

I don't care about the gold unless it looks realistic. If it looks like a cartoon, I will just laugh at it!

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

28. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Neoproteus wrote:

I just like realistic styles because it's easier to take the story more seriously and get more absorbed into it.

every Studio Ghibli film

how to prove you wrong definitively in...4 words...

this guy takes the gold.

I don't care about the gold unless it looks realistic. If it looks like a cartoon, I will just laugh at it!

sarcasm i assume?

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

29. Posted:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Neoproteus wrote:

I just like realistic styles because it's easier to take the story more seriously and get more absorbed into it.

every Studio Ghibli film

how to prove you wrong definitively in...4 words...

this guy takes the gold.

I don't care about the gold unless it looks realistic. If it looks like a cartoon, I will just laugh at it!

sarcasm i assume?

Yes, it is a parody of "realistic graphics makes it easier to care about the story" or whatever he was talking about. I hate explaining the joke, but there you go.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

30. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

0LD_SK0OL_PUNK wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Neoproteus wrote:

I just like realistic styles because it's easier to take the story more seriously and get more absorbed into it.

every Studio Ghibli film

how to prove you wrong definitively in...4 words...

this guy takes the gold.

I don't care about the gold unless it looks realistic. If it looks like a cartoon, I will just laugh at it!

sarcasm i assume?

Yes, it is a parody of "realistic graphics makes it easier to care about the story" or whatever he was talking about. I hate explaining the joke, but there you go.

oh, i understood the joke(before you explained it, actually), i just wanted to be %100 sure

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

31. Posted:

It's ironic how a lot of fans want realistic graphics in a fantasy game. What a paradox! :P

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Neoproteus

32. Posted:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

It's ironic how a lot of fans want realistic graphics in a fantasy game. What a paradox! :P

Not really, considering most fantasy movies are live action, including Lord of the Rings, which clearly influenced Twilight Princess.

Neoproteus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GamecubeMan

33. Posted:

The new art syle in every generation is fine (except toon link)
N64 art style to Wii art style seemed good sso thats that :3

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlatantlyHeroic

34. Posted:

Neoproteus wrote:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

It's ironic how a lot of fans want realistic graphics in a fantasy game. What a paradox! :P

Not really, considering most fantasy movies are live action, including Lord of the Rings, which clearly influenced Twilight Princess.

You do realize if Zelda had a realistic art style, Link may look like Miyamoto...

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KAHN

35. Posted:

AlphaIchimoru wrote:

Neoproteus wrote:

Mr_LztheBleh wrote:

It's ironic how a lot of fans want realistic graphics in a fantasy game. What a paradox! :P

Not really, considering most fantasy movies are live action, including Lord of the Rings, which clearly influenced Twilight Princess.

You do realize if Zelda had a realistic art style, Link may look like Miyamoto...

well i disagree. miyamoto is old, wrinkly and has black hair. link is young, hip, blonde, and doesnt have any facial problems whatsoever! and no one wants to see miyamoto in a green tunic :P

Edited on by KAHN

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

36. Posted:

I like the anime style of the n64 games. Or maybe a game more influenced by the NES games. Like the concept / manual art for those games.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

37. Posted:

GamecubeMan wrote:

The new art syle in every generation is fine (except toon link)

My favorite ones were the games staring Toon Link, he's also better than the other Link in SSBB.
Untitled

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kyuubikid213

38. Posted:

The art style in the reveal seems pretty cool. It's like a fusion between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.
Untitled
In the end, though, just as long as it has the epicness of Twilight Princess, the control of Skyward Sword, a story comparable to Majora's Mask in tone, and the charm of Ocarina of Time; we're good.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BlatantlyHeroic

39. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

The art style in the reveal seems pretty cool. It's like a fusion between Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess.
Untitled
In the end, though, just as long as it has the epicness of Twilight Princess, the control of Skyward Sword, a story comparable to Majora's Mask in tone, and the charm of Ocarina of Time; we're good.

I think Link's family should be killed right in front of him in the next one. That could spread out to make an interesting story.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

AuthorMessage
Avatar

grumblebuzzz

40. Posted:

I feel the next Zelda we will see will be on 3DS and it will be a top-down Link to the Past-style game since Miyamoto has hinted at that a few times. If that does end up being the case, I see an art style not unlike that game's, only modernized and streamlined, kind of like the art direction Four Swords Adventures for Gamecube had.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.