Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,519

Jellitoe

DefHalan wrote:

I played both the 3DS and the WiiU demo. The camera is horrible. I tried to find an options menu where I could have detailed information about camera types and control layouts, no such luck. Anyone have any tips?

Camera is not that bad once you get used to it, and its actually part of the experience in playing it.
Changing it would be sacrilegious to Monster Hunter players.

Jellitoe

Twitter:

DefHalan

Well I found it impossible to aim my bow while charging. Also the enemy was moving a lot, by the time I move the camera so i could see him he was attacking again. I couldn't find a controller layout picture, so I had no idea what the controls did. I am guessing there are buttons and actions more experienced players know from earlier titles that aren't as easy to find in this version.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

ShadJV

DefHalan wrote:

Well I found it impossible to aim my bow while charging. Also the enemy was moving a lot, by the time I move the camera so i could see him he was attacking again. I couldn't find a controller layout picture, so I had no idea what the controls did. I am guessing there are buttons and actions more experienced players know from earlier titles that aren't as easy to find in this version.

There's digital instructions that has the controls, though it might be hard to visualize, you can't see it while playing the game...

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Jellitoe

DefHalan wrote:

In the real game you get to do little missions before you actually hunt something big to help you get acclimated with the controls. For someone without having actually played the real versions trying the demo, its tough, controls take time to get use to. You can use the little auto lock on the bottom right of your touch pad, that locks on the big monster and you can just press left shoulder to face the monster, that might help you with the camera issues, but that is a new feature for this version which you can live without with some practice.

Edited on by Jellitoe

Jellitoe

Twitter:

btetsola

Hi All
I'm new to the Monster Hunter thang but I've played the 3ds demo and I have to admit I'm hooked. I'm thinking of getting the Wii U just for the multiplayer questing possibilities. I was wondering, are the multiplayer quests part of the overall campaign or are they independent to the single player game?

Nintendo ID: btetsola1

SCRAPPER392

btetsola wrote:

Hi All
I'm new to the Monster Hunter thang but I've played the 3ds demo and I have to admit I'm hooked. I'm thinking of getting the Wii U just for the multiplayer questing possibilities. I was wondering, are the multiplayer quests part of the overall campaign or are they independent to the single player game?

I was asking the exact same thing a couple days ago. I'm pretty sure you can have 1 tansferable save file across both, or have 2 seperate ones, and still be able to use the local multiplayer.

Does anyone know if the Japanese version has 2 save files.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Aviator

btetsola wrote:

Hi All

It's mostly the same quests.

There are some differences, but that is mostly monster combinations and locales.

That being said, say you're up to the 8* quests in singleplayer and haven't touched the multiplayer, you'll have to start from the HR 1 quests. Also, all your gear and items can be used between both.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Spoony_Tech

SCAR392 wrote:

btetsola wrote:

Hi All

I was asking the exact same thing a couple days ago. I'm pretty sure you can have 1 tansferable save file across both, or have 2 seperate ones, and still be able to use the local multiplayer.

Does anyone know if the Japanese version has 2 save files.

Yeah that's not what he was asking actually. Aviator took care of his question! Noob!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

btetsola

I guess that means its a seperate menu option. I thought It was a bit like Phantasy Star Online where you could complete the entire single player game with online buddies.

thanks again

Aviator

Yeah, offline and online work separately, but also together.

Which is really good if your stuck offline. Hope online, grind a monster with 4 people, and you can build awesome armour.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

SCRAPPER392

Sorry. Got multiplayer on the mind... I would have been able to answer the question if I read it correctly. It's a good thing to have the single player game identical, and have multiplayer be an option. Getting 1,000,000 headshots in a ranked match to get an achievement/trophy is not fun.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Spoony_Tech

btetsola wrote:

I guess that means its a seperate menu option. I thought It was a bit like Phantasy Star Online where you could complete the entire single player game with online buddies.

thanks again

Well technically you really don't need to play offline since the content is almost exactly the same. However at least in tri there was one monster offline you couldn't play online and it was at the very end of the game. Plus you couldn't play jehn offline at all.

Any one know if that's the case this go around. Is ceaduos or whatever his name is online this go around?

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

SCAR392 wrote:

Getting 1,000,000 headshots in a ranked match to get an achievement/trophy is not fun.

wat.

Tech101 wrote:

Well technically you really don't need to play offline since the content is almost exactly the same. However at least in tri there was one monster offline you couldn't play online and it was at the very end of the game. Plus you couldn't play jehn offline at all.

You couldn't hunt Jehn, DevilJho or Alatreon offline. And no Ceadus online.

I believe Ultimate has changed this.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

btetsola

That's what I wanted to hear, mmmm this could be fun

Aviator

Tech101 wrote:

btetsola wrote:

thanks again

Any one know if that's the case this go around. Is ceaduos or whatever his name is online this go around?

Actually he is. It's only the subspecies though and only happens in the HR quests.

And I'm pretty sure there is only 1 monster you can fight online only, which is the new elder dragon.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

btetsola

HR?

Aviator

Hunter Rank.

It the same as the lvls in singleplayer.

Each tier of quests, require you to do a certain few to unlock the urgent quest. Once you complete the urgent quest, then you unlock the next level.

Rinse and repeat.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

btetsola

gotcha. Clearly I have alot to look forward too

thanks guys

Edited on by btetsola

Spoony_Tech

btetsola wrote:

gotcha. Clearly I have alot to look forward too

thanks guys

HR has nothing to do with skills though. Your armor and weapons determine that!

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.