Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 521 to 540 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

521. Posted:

MERG wrote:

With the WiiU I had NO problem taking down the bunny. With the 3DS I failed miserably...I can't work the camera very well. I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

And I'm lovin' the dual blades.

There is a way to lock on to your target. I think its the L button on the 3DS.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

MERG

522. Posted:

[/quote]

@Tasuki...thanks. I think I just found it. There is an icon on the lower screen and then you just tap the L button. Not reading instructions on how to play a game before jumping in is a problem I have always had. :P

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

AuthorMessage

Lan

523. Posted:

The lock-on feature is so great. I was playing Tri earlier and kept tapping L because I was already used to the lock-on :D

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

524. Posted:

MERG wrote:

@Tasuki...thanks. I think I just found it. There is an icon on the lower screen and then you just tap the L button. Not reading instructions on how to play a game before jumping in is a problem I have always had. :P

Yeah I know what you mean I had to talk the the people here and look up some other forums to figure out what I was doing when I first played the demo since I am new to the MH series.

Also another option for the 3DS is the CPP which cant be used on the demo but I heard that you will be able to use it on the full version and that can also be used to control the camera.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Jellitoe

525. Posted:

Not sure if anyone reported this, but Gamestop is now giving a preorder bonus, the Brady Games Strategy Guide (digital version).

Jellitoe

Twitter: jellitoe

AuthorMessage

Lan

526. Posted:

Jellitoe wrote:

Not sure if anyone reported this, but Gamestop is now giving a preorder bonus, the Brady Games Strategy Guide (digital version).

People still use strategy guides? Have they heard of the internet?

Dragon friend safari

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

527. Posted:

Lan wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

Believe it or not some do. I work at Goodwill and you would be surprised at how many strategy guides we get a day. Games like Borderlands, Halo Reach, Skyward Sword etc.

And digital strategy guides now too?? What do the give you a card or something with www.gamefaqs.com on it or something?

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Jellitoe

528. Posted:

Lan wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

:)
Internet guides are OK, but I'd take a free strategy guide anytime. Formatting is nicer and you can't always access the internet.
"Most likely a PDF"
But yeah, I would never pay money for a strategy guide.

Edited on by Jellitoe

Jellitoe

Twitter: jellitoe

AuthorMessage

Lan

529. Posted:

In my experience, strategy guides haven't been as comprehensive, or even correct, as community-created stuff. I rely on the Monster Hunter Wikia for MH, and I guarantee it has more info and tips than some strategy guide.

Dragon friend safari

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

530. Posted:

Lan wrote:

In my experience, strategy guides haven't been as comprehensive, or even correct, as community-created stuff. I rely on the Monster Hunter Wikia for MH, and I guarantee it has more info and tips than some strategy guide.

Agree. And for one thing the stuff on the internet can be updated when DLC comes out (if it does for a game) or just in general. Unlike a strat guide. Also most sites on the internet have a forum where you can ask questions if your not clear with the walkthrough or whatever it is your reading. I remember when Ocarina of Time came out on the N64 I had to use 3 strat guides because none of them were clear enough on what I was doing when I got stuck.

Edited on by Tasuki

My Backlog

Proud owner of a PS4

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

531. Posted:

Any experiences with lock-on? (wii u) Sounds to me it would ruin the entire experience...

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Smitherenez

532. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

Any experiences with lock-on? (wii u) Sounds to me it would ruin the entire experience...

Nope it doesn't. And if you don't want to use it, you don't ;) The only thing what the lock on does is rotating the camera into the direction where the monster is. It doesn't work like Z-targeting in Zelda.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

533. Posted:

But wasn't that part of the fun and skill you possess over time? oh well, I guess it's just me :)

Spanjard

AuthorMessage

Lan

534. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

But wasn't that part of the fun and skill you possess over time? oh well, I guess it's just me :)

It mainly means you'll be defaulting to tapping L to center the camera on the monster rather than using the analog stick or D-pad.

Dragon friend safari

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

535. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

It's one thing to fight the monsters. I shouldn't have to fight the camera as well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

536. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

It's one thing to fight the monsters. I shouldn't have to fight the camera as well!

Don't fight it, just get good with it:p

Spanjard

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

537. Posted:

Lan wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

It mainly means you'll be defaulting to tapping L to center the camera on the monster rather than using the analog stick or D-pad.

Ahh I see, thanks!

Spanjard

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

538. Posted:

Longforgotten wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

Don't fight it, just get good with it:p

Well I'm using the 3ds version and it doesn't have a second analog pad so no thanks ill stick to the lock on!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

539. Posted:

I understand lol

Spanjard

AuthorMessage

BenAV

540. Posted:

When playing the Wii U version, I rarely pressed the L button to centre the camera.
I'm used to just using the second stick to rotate it from Tri, and I much prefer to just do it that way.
The L button thing is just handy if I lose track of where the monster is or something.
In the end, it's a useful addition to the game without changing much.

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: Teikoku | Club ID: EF002F9BC

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV