Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,519

Jellitoe

Not sure if anyone reported this, but Gamestop is now giving a preorder bonus, the Brady Games Strategy Guide (digital version).

Jellitoe

Twitter:

Lan

Jellitoe wrote:

Not sure if anyone reported this, but Gamestop is now giving a preorder bonus, the Brady Games Strategy Guide (digital version).

People still use strategy guides? Have they heard of the internet?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Tasuki

Lan wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

Believe it or not some do. I work at Goodwill and you would be surprised at how many strategy guides we get a day. Games like Borderlands, Halo Reach, Skyward Sword etc.

And digital strategy guides now too?? What do the give you a card or something with www.gamefaqs.com on it or something?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jellitoe

Lan wrote:

Jellitoe wrote:

Internet guides are OK, but I'd take a free strategy guide anytime. Formatting is nicer and you can't always access the internet.
"Most likely a PDF"
But yeah, I would never pay money for a strategy guide.

Edited on by Jellitoe

Jellitoe

Twitter:

Lan

In my experience, strategy guides haven't been as comprehensive, or even correct, as community-created stuff. I rely on the Monster Hunter Wikia for MH, and I guarantee it has more info and tips than some strategy guide.

Dragon friend safari

Tasuki

Lan wrote:

In my experience, strategy guides haven't been as comprehensive, or even correct, as community-created stuff. I rely on the Monster Hunter Wikia for MH, and I guarantee it has more info and tips than some strategy guide.

Agree. And for one thing the stuff on the internet can be updated when DLC comes out (if it does for a game) or just in general. Unlike a strat guide. Also most sites on the internet have a forum where you can ask questions if your not clear with the walkthrough or whatever it is your reading. I remember when Ocarina of Time came out on the N64 I had to use 3 strat guides because none of them were clear enough on what I was doing when I got stuck.

Edited on by Tasuki

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JoyBoy

Any experiences with lock-on? (wii u) Sounds to me it would ruin the entire experience...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Smitherenez

Longforgotten wrote:

Any experiences with lock-on? (wii u) Sounds to me it would ruin the entire experience...

Nope it doesn't. And if you don't want to use it, you don't The only thing what the lock on does is rotating the camera into the direction where the monster is. It doesn't work like Z-targeting in Zelda.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

JoyBoy

But wasn't that part of the fun and skill you possess over time? oh well, I guess it's just me

SW-7849-9887-2074

Lan

Longforgotten wrote:

But wasn't that part of the fun and skill you possess over time? oh well, I guess it's just me

It mainly means you'll be defaulting to tapping L to center the camera on the monster rather than using the analog stick or D-pad.

Dragon friend safari

Spoony_Tech

Longforgotten wrote:

It's one thing to fight the monsters. I shouldn't have to fight the camera as well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

Tech101 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

It's one thing to fight the monsters. I shouldn't have to fight the camera as well!

Don't fight it, just get good with it:p

SW-7849-9887-2074

JoyBoy

Lan wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

It mainly means you'll be defaulting to tapping L to center the camera on the monster rather than using the analog stick or D-pad.

Ahh I see, thanks!

SW-7849-9887-2074

Spoony_Tech

Longforgotten wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Longforgotten wrote:

Don't fight it, just get good with it:p

Well I'm using the 3ds version and it doesn't have a second analog pad so no thanks ill stick to the lock on!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

JoyBoy

I understand lol

SW-7849-9887-2074

BenAV

When playing the Wii U version, I rarely pressed the L button to centre the camera.
I'm used to just using the second stick to rotate it from Tri, and I much prefer to just do it that way.
The L button thing is just handy if I lose track of where the monster is or something.
In the end, it's a useful addition to the game without changing much.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Ecto-1 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Is this going to support Wii Speak? Haha. Just kidding. Would be cool though, because I got that s***! It's a shame Wii Speak was never used. Basically the same tech ended up being in Kinect for voice commands...
This new Monster Hunter looks great in HD, and sounds fantastic in PCM 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic IIx.
I hope we get the 4th one, and that LAN thing.

Actually, there's a day 1 update for Ultimate that's going to allow you to use a microphone/headset thing as well as a USB keyboard.

You'll also be able to use the GamePad's mic if you're like me and hate trying to wear headsets.

This just proves people were giving Nintendo crap for no reason when devs weren't using it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

HaastMK7

Wish this game was out already. Finished the demo twice on both difficulties.

Miiverse: Haast_NZL
Followers: 855
Follow me! https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Haast_NZL

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0434-4753 | Nintendo Network ID: Haast_NZL

erv

BenAV wrote:

When playing the Wii U version, I rarely pressed the L button to centre the camera.
I'm used to just using the second stick to rotate it from Tri, and I much prefer to just do it that way.
The L button thing is just handy if I lose track of where the monster is or something.
In the end, it's a useful addition to the game without changing much.

I tried the focus on monster camera setup, but to me it is just a way of helping 3ds users on the go, nothing of added value for a wiiU player.

Focussing on the monster will not take into account where it is going to be, and will disorient you based on the surroundings regardless. This is vital to survival in later stages, so I'll stick to manual control or character center. If you have to look for the monster or need assistance finding it in this game, without the power of anticipating its moves, you're eventually gone for anyways.

I'll try it in water scenes, but I think it's going to be the same story.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

DefHalan

I played both the 3DS and the WiiU demo. The camera is horrible. I tried to find an options menu where I could have detailed information about camera types and control layouts, no such luck. Anyone have any tips?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.