Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,519

Spoony_Tech

Stupid region lock!!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Aviator

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'm afraid of the Laggy's subspecies. I've always had this handicap with him. Sometimes I waste him, other times, it's stressful.

I'm excited for the land one, because it seems like Jin but a hell of a lot larger.

The Rare Sub... yeah, I'm scared of that one.

(And Jhen sub as well!!)

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Joeynator3000

I think I'm just scared of all of the rares. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Aviator

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I think I'm just scared of all of the rares. lol

Wait until you have to fight Narga and it's sub together.

That was a fun quest...

(I'm also super scared of Jin sub and Dobo sub.)

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

lololololol. Narga is a pain in the behind. Esp when it rages.

And, (this is what I found with P3), if your good at MH3, you generally won't die that much on early hunts. You'll sense when you have to get out of the way, it's only when you get pummeled from all direction (looking at you Narga) that you'll be effed. Ragna is a pain in the butt too.

I think I only died once when I was doing Jin, the title monster of the game.

(Also, I'm use to using the fan translated names from all the monsters from MHP3, so yeah.)

And Uruk isn't that hard. He's just fast, and you need to be fast to. Big weapons make it a pain, because unless you have your timing spot on, you'll miss a lot.

why are you all in America. need to find more cool UK hunters to slay all the new subspecies with.

You mean dis mudder ****er?

Untitled

If so, I'm terrified. In an excited, bouncing off the walls sort of way. I haven't been challenged in a MH since I started with Tri and was an innocent newcomer. Even the demo was too easy. If you're spot on Avi, then you've just sped up my hype train.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

Yeah, Narga isn't fun. And he's really fast too.

He is mean.

That said, he makes a lovely longsword.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

I'm excited for the land one, because it seems like Jin but a hell of a lot larger.

(And Jhen sub as well!!)

Yeah the posionous Jhen sub looks siiick! Oh man, I want that purple armer right now.

The poison Ludroth seems like it'll be annoying. But the sand Barioth sub looks, uh, um... <333333333

Aviator wrote:

He is mean.

LOL! Is he worse than Barioth?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

SCRAPPER392

I got the closest I have to beating the fish thing. It was limping everywhere, but was still too fast to catch up to, then time ran out. I wasn't even getting hit that much.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Chrono_Cross

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

What, you mean Ivory (or whatever his official name will be, lol)? I'm more worried about the Rare, lol. Just LOOKING at him scares me. xD
Untitled

I was talking about Lagiacrus' subspecies, but...

Sweet Jesus, that's frightening,

Just for you.

Aviator

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

What, you mean Ivory (or whatever his official name will be, lol)? I'm more worried about the Rare, lol. Just LOOKING at him scares me. xD
Untitled

I was talking about Lagiacrus' subspecies, but...

Sweet Jesus, that's frightening,

There are two Lagi sub's in 3U. That once takes place in the underwater place that you fought Ceadus.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Aviator wrote:

(And Jhen sub as well!!)

Yeah the posionous Jhen sub looks siiick! Oh man, I want that purple armer right now.

The poison Ludroth seems like it'll be annoying. But the sand Barioth sub looks, uh, um... <333333333

Aviator wrote:

He is mean.

LOL! Is he worse than Barioth?

Poison Lud isn't that bad. Froggi is worse tbh.

I'm really excited for Jhen, hated how that fight got easy real quick.

I didn't mind Barioth that much. He has the benefit, the places you fight him in the Tundra you have more room to avoid (and he doesn't jump around as much.) Narga is MS (which sucks) and FF iirc, and he's jumping off the walls during rage.

Just be glad when he kills Cha-Cha and the other one. You'll get one hit in!

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Void

After playing the demo I can safely say I liked the heavy blowgun the best, next I would probably take the dual swords, and is the Lagombi resistant to blowguns, or is the light blowgun just really, really weak? #mhnoob

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

19Robb92

The demo for this was just horrible IMO. What was the point of it.. I got to kill a monster and then it just ended.

I though the whole point of killing the monsters was some form of reward. That's what they need to add to a demo like this, not just 'kill this beast and then it's over'. I can definitely see why this isn't popular outside of Japan.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Tasuki

19Robb92 wrote:

The demo for this was just horrible IMO. What was the point of it.. I got to kill a monster and then it just ended.

I though the whole point of killing the monsters was some form of reward. That's what they need to add to a demo like this, not just 'kill this beast and then it's over'. I can definitely see why this isn't popular outside of Japan.

Well umm isnt that the point of the a demo? Just to give you a sample of the game. They arent going to give you everything to play otherwise why would you buy it than?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Aviator

Void wrote:

After playing the demo I can safely say I liked the heavy blowgun the best, next I would probably take the dual swords, and is the Lagombi resistant to blowguns, or is the light blowgun just really, really weak? #mhnoob

I couldn't answer this question without knowing the bowgun and what rounds you were using.

No monster is weak/strong to a certain type of weapons. Weapons come with a lot of attributes, including strength (or power whatever it's called). Some weapons have attributes giving them Fire attack or Water attack etc.

Bowguns iirc, the stats are just for how the weapons handle. What is really important with Bowguns (and Bows, Gunlances) is the rounds you are using. Holding down L and using A/X allows you to switch through your rounds. See if you get any Fire/Lightning rounds with the loadout, as that is what it is weakest too.

Also, for anyone who is a noob to the series and is serious about learning how to be a pro at this game, look at the wiki. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:MH3U That wiki has everything from Weapons and all the weapon trees to offline and online quest info.

Bookmark it, make it your homepage. (It is the best hunting resource.)

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chrono_Cross

19Robb92 wrote:

There would be no purpose of looting the monster since it's just the demo. In the actual game you can loot it.

Everything you're complaining about is due to this being an actual demo. Go figure.

Just for you.

19Robb92

Tasuki wrote:

Well umm isnt that the point of the a demo? Just to give you a sample of the game. They arent going to give you everything to play otherwise why would you buy it than?

But they have to give me a initiative to want to play it.

I didn't even know WHY I was slaying that beast.. I got nothing from doing it. What was the point?

It's like if I'd download a demo of ZombiU, kill five Zombies and then it's over without the game even introducing the story or main survival mechanics. There'd be no initiative for me to get the game since all I've found out is that I kill Zombies and nothing else.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

There would be no purpose of looting the monster since it's just the demo. In the actual game you can loot it.

Everything you're complaining about is due to this being an actual demo. Go figure.

Yeah I know, but they have to show that stuff off. it's supposed to be alluring, make me feel like I need this. When I played it I didn't get any reward or any initiative to actually buy the game :/

Edited on by 19Robb92

Chrono_Cross

It's about exposing the gameplay. You know, the thing that the game's revolved around? If you enjoyed the gameplay, then the actual game will definitely attend to your hunger of it.

Just for you.

19Robb92

Chrono_Cross wrote:

It's about exposing the gameplay. You know, the thing that the game's revolved around? If you enjoyed the gameplay, then the actual game will definitely attend to your hunger of it.

I disagree.

The main reason for a demo is for the developers to gain more people and create a bigger audience. Capcom failed hard to do it with this IMO.

Edited on by 19Robb92

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.