Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,519

Chrono_Cross

19Robb92 wrote:

I disagree.

The main reason for a demo is for the developers to gain more people and create a bigger audience. Capcom failed hard to do it with this IMO.

Capcom failed to lure you, not the thousands of newcomers. There's a handful of people that are new to Monster Hunter on this site that played the demo, enjoyed it and are now going to purchase it because of that joy.

If you want what you crave, buy the actual game. Capcom's luring newcomers in with its superb gameplay, and that's all it needs to do.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Aviator

19Robb92 wrote:

I didn't even know WHY I was slaying that beast.

Umm, we downloaded the same demo didn't we.

Y'know, the one called Monster Hunter.

Also Chrono, just to prove I wasn't kidding about Narga, it is introduced in the final tier of high rank quests.

so it's gonna be even worse

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Tasuki

Chrono_Cross wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I disagree.

The main reason for a demo is for the developers to gain more people and create a bigger audience. Capcom failed hard to do it with this IMO.

Capcom failed to lure you, not the thousands of newcomers. There's a handful of people that are new to Monster Hunter on this site that played the demo, enjoyed it and are now going to purchase it because of that joy.

If you want what you crave, buy the actual game. Capcom's luring newcomers in with its superb gameplay, and that's all it needs to do.

I have to agree with Chrono here. I have never played the MH series before, I heard of it but really didnt know that much about it and didnt get the one on Wii cause I had other more familiar games to play or wanted. I was on the fence again with this MH but because they had a demo I could try it and see how I liked it. Because of that I am going to buy both version. In fact a bit ago I just put a preorder in on Amazon. Now if I didnt play that demo I know for sure that I wouldn't have done that. Failed no.

You are the guy that complains at the sample lady at the grocery store for only giving you one sample aren't you?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

Also Chrono, just to prove I wasn't kidding about Narga, it is introduced in the final tier of high rank quests.

so it's gonna be even worse

My god. It can't be worse than Deviljho can it?

I can just imagine how difficult it's going to be gathering every piece of armor for its set. I'm intimidated now!

Just for you.

Aviator

No. Deviljho is after it

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Chrono_Cross

Aviator wrote:

No. Deviljho is after it

Hm, I wonder if Deviljho is stronger this time around?

It really wouldn't surprise me. I could see a lot of Tri's monsters either being nerfed or buffed to better express their hostility.

Just for you.

Aviator

It seems that a lot of the monsters not in Tri are the hard ones. But last time you couldn't hunt a Jho offline.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Void

Aviator wrote:

Void wrote:

After playing the demo I can safely say I liked the heavy blowgun the best, next I would probably take the dual swords, and is the Lagombi resistant to blowguns, or is the light blowgun just really, really weak? #mhnoob

I couldn't answer this question without knowing the bowgun and what rounds you were using.

No monster is weak/strong to a certain type of weapons. Weapons come with a lot of attributes, including strength (or power whatever it's called). Some weapons have attributes giving them Fire attack or Water attack etc.

Bowguns iirc, the stats are just for how the weapons handle. What is really important with Bowguns (and Bows, Gunlances) is the rounds you are using. Holding down L and using A/X allows you to switch through your rounds. See if you get any Fire/Lightning rounds with the loadout, as that is what it is weakest too.

Also, for anyone who is a noob to the series and is serious about learning how to be a pro at this game, look at the wiki. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:MH3U That wiki has everything from Weapons and all the weapon trees to offline and online quest info.

Bookmark it, make it your homepage. (It is the best hunting resource.)

Oh I see now.
I did find some fire ammo in the chest... I probably would have beat it if I knew that was there before, because other than that you got some basic stuff, pellets, piercing, and status shells.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

KonsumKasse

DosenĀ“t the game support weapon handling with the right stick? Saw no options in the demo, loved that control option in the Wii version, and i know that those controls where original control scheme in the first game for PS2.

Remember the Holodomor

Nintendo Network ID: Jemura

Fuzzy

Can you use the CCPro for this game? Played the demo with the Game Pad, and I didn't like the feel of it.

Trying out some new weapons to see what I'll use when I buy the game. Though will probably end up using the hammer.

Edited on by Fuzzy

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Aviator

Fuzzy wrote:

Can you use the CCPro for this game? Played the demo with the Game Pad, and I didn't like the feel of it.

Trying out some new weapons to see what I'll use when I buy the game. Though will probably end up using the hammer.

Yes you can. And I agree about the gamepad. It's feels so clunky, thanks to how flippin wide it is.

I might grab myself a pro controller so I don't have to use batteries.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

KonsumKasse

Fuzzy wrote:

Yes, you activate the classic controller pro/ Wii U pro controller in the options menu.

Remember the Holodomor

Nintendo Network ID: Jemura

Sean_Aaron

I really like how wide the Gamepad is myself. Gives me the open feeling of the remote and nunchuk with all the buttons of the CCPro. If it wasn't for my Japanese Virtual Console collection and Mr Driller Drill Land I wouldn't even have the Classic Controller/Pro.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Spoony_Tech

Void wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Void wrote:

After playing the demo I can safely say I liked the heavy blowgun the best, next I would probably take the dual swords, and is the Lagombi resistant to blowguns, or is the light blowgun just really, really weak? #mhnoob

I couldn't answer this question without knowing the bowgun and what rounds you were using.

No monster is weak/strong to a certain type of weapons. Weapons come with a lot of attributes, including strength (or power whatever it's called). Some weapons have attributes giving them Fire attack or Water attack etc.

Bowguns iirc, the stats are just for how the weapons handle. What is really important with Bowguns (and Bows, Gunlances) is the rounds you are using. Holding down L and using A/X allows you to switch through your rounds. See if you get any Fire/Lightning rounds with the loadout, as that is what it is weakest too.

Also, for anyone who is a noob to the series and is serious about learning how to be a pro at this game, look at the wiki. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:MH3U That wiki has everything from Weapons and all the weapon trees to offline and online quest info.

Bookmark it, make it your homepage. (It is the best hunting resource.)

Oh I see now.
I did find some fire ammo in the chest... I probably would have beat it if I knew that was there before, because other than that you got some basic stuff, pellets, piercing, and status shells.

Just to add to add to what aviator said. The light bowgun while capable of killing monsters is a bit more of a support weapon. It's better at giving your teammates status effects on the monsters ie poison paralyze. I haven't used it yet in the demo but from past experiences 20 mins might not be enough time for it to kill the second monster. As for the first I think it can work.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

19Robb92

Chrono_Cross wrote:

They definitely did. And it's a shame, cause if they actually made an effort and showed of more of the game they could easily get a lot of the MMO RPG base to play it. I have a buddy who plays WOW, he loves the way you get new gear etc. and he was disappointed in this demo cause that factor didn't "exists". Which, ironically, it does. And is a big part of the game.

I've played MH before. I'm not complaining about the game. Just the demo and the way Capcom makes the game look. Which is pretty crappy and extremely dull, IMO.

Aviator wrote:

Umm, we downloaded the same demo didn't we.

Y'know, the one called Monster Hunter.

Haha, yeah. Great explanation. Cause when I play Super Mario, the only expectation I have is to see a character named Mario dressed in a Super Man cape?

Tasuki wrote:

You are the guy that complains at the sample lady at the grocery store for only giving you one sample aren't you?

Nah, I'm the guy that spits it out cause it tasted like crap.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

TheKingOfTown

Chrono_Cross wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Is it sad that I got killed by the arctic bunny thing?

No, because you're a newcomer, yes?

Yeah.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Spoony_Tech

Ok so here is a small fail on capcoms part. I tried the light bowgun and it starts you off with recovery bullets. So the average person who knows nothing about how to switch ammo or what they do will just fire healing ammo at the monster!! Face palm! O.o

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Kagamine

So i was considering buying this game purely off the excellent things I have heard about the franchise, but the demo drove me away. There seems to be a severe lack of a combo system, which is an instant no go for me.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

Spoony_Tech

Kagamine wrote:

So i was considering buying this game purely off the excellent things I have heard about the franchise, but the demo drove me away. There seems to be a severe lack of a combo system, which is an instant no go for me.

Depends on the weapon you are using really some can attack with different button presses and combinations if you know the controls.

MERG said:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.