Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 281 to 300 of 1,502

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

281. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

It's about exposing the gameplay. You know, the thing that the game's revolved around? If you enjoyed the gameplay, then the actual game will definitely attend to your hunger of it.

I disagree.

The main reason for a demo is for the developers to gain more people and create a bigger audience. Capcom failed hard to do it with this IMO.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

282. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Wow this game is deep. :O

You have a lot to learn, Retro. lol

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

283. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

I disagree.

The main reason for a demo is for the developers to gain more people and create a bigger audience. Capcom failed hard to do it with this IMO.

Capcom failed to lure you, not the thousands of newcomers. There's a handful of people that are new to Monster Hunter on this site that played the demo, enjoyed it and are now going to purchase it because of that joy.

If you want what you crave, buy the actual game. Capcom's luring newcomers in with its superb gameplay, and that's all it needs to do.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

284. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

I didn't even know WHY I was slaying that beast.

Umm, we downloaded the same demo didn't we.

Y'know, the one called Monster Hunter.

Also Chrono, just to prove I wasn't kidding about Narga, it is introduced in the final tier of high rank quests.

so it's gonna be even worse

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

285. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

I disagree.

The main reason for a demo is for the developers to gain more people and create a bigger audience. Capcom failed hard to do it with this IMO.

Capcom failed to lure you, not the thousands of newcomers. There's a handful of people that are new to Monster Hunter on this site that played the demo, enjoyed it and are now going to purchase it because of that joy.

If you want what you crave, buy the actual game. Capcom's luring newcomers in with its superb gameplay, and that's all it needs to do.

I have to agree with Chrono here. I have never played the MH series before, I heard of it but really didnt know that much about it and didnt get the one on Wii cause I had other more familiar games to play or wanted. I was on the fence again with this MH but because they had a demo I could try it and see how I liked it. Because of that I am going to buy both version. In fact a bit ago I just put a preorder in on Amazon. Now if I didnt play that demo I know for sure that I wouldn't have done that. Failed no.

You are the guy that complains at the sample lady at the grocery store for only giving you one sample aren't you? :P

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

286. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Also Chrono, just to prove I wasn't kidding about Narga, it is introduced in the final tier of high rank quests.

so it's gonna be even worse

My god. It can't be worse than Deviljho can it? :O

I can just imagine how difficult it's going to be gathering every piece of armor for its set. I'm intimidated now! :D

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

287. Posted:

No. Deviljho is after it :P

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

288. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

No. Deviljho is after it :P

Hm, I wonder if Deviljho is stronger this time around?

It really wouldn't surprise me. I could see a lot of Tri's monsters either being nerfed or buffed to better express their hostility.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

289. Posted:

It seems that a lot of the monsters not in Tri are the hard ones. But last time you couldn't hunt a Jho offline.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Void

290. Posted:

Aviator wrote:

Void wrote:

After playing the demo I can safely say I liked the heavy blowgun the best, next I would probably take the dual swords, and is the Lagombi resistant to blowguns, or is the light blowgun just really, really weak? #mhnoob

I couldn't answer this question without knowing the bowgun and what rounds you were using.

No monster is weak/strong to a certain type of weapons. Weapons come with a lot of attributes, including strength (or power whatever it's called). Some weapons have attributes giving them Fire attack or Water attack etc.

Bowguns iirc, the stats are just for how the weapons handle. What is really important with Bowguns (and Bows, Gunlances) is the rounds you are using. Holding down L and using A/X allows you to switch through your rounds. See if you get any Fire/Lightning rounds with the loadout, as that is what it is weakest too.

Also, for anyone who is a noob to the series and is serious about learning how to be a pro at this game, look at the wiki. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:MH3U That wiki has everything from Weapons and all the weapon trees to offline and online quest info.

Bookmark it, make it your homepage. (It is the best hunting resource.)

Oh I see now.
I did find some fire ammo in the chest... I probably would have beat it if I knew that was there before, because other than that you got some basic stuff, pellets, piercing, and status shells.

I used to travel the stars, then I discovered Earth, and these incredibly addicting things called 'Video Games.'
And they said you couldn't buy happiness!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KonsumKasse

291. Posted:

Dosen´t the game support weapon handling with the right stick? Saw no options in the demo, loved that control option in the Wii version, and i know that those controls where original control scheme in the first game for PS2.

Reklamfri substans trams

Nintendo Network ID: Jemura

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Fuzzy

292. Posted:

Can you use the CCPro for this game? Played the demo with the Game Pad, and I didn't like the feel of it.

Trying out some new weapons to see what I'll use when I buy the game. Though will probably end up using the hammer.

Edited on by Fuzzy

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Aviator

293. Posted:

Fuzzy wrote:

Can you use the CCPro for this game? Played the demo with the Game Pad, and I didn't like the feel of it.

Trying out some new weapons to see what I'll use when I buy the game. Though will probably end up using the hammer.

Yes you can. And I agree about the gamepad. It's feels so clunky, thanks to how flippin wide it is.

I might grab myself a pro controller so I don't have to use batteries.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KonsumKasse

294. Posted:

Fuzzy wrote:

Can you use the CCPro for this game? Played the demo with the Game Pad, and I didn't like the feel of it.

Trying out some new weapons to see what I'll use when I buy the game. Though will probably end up using the hammer.

Yes, you activate the classic controller pro/ Wii U pro controller in the options menu.

Reklamfri substans trams

Nintendo Network ID: Jemura

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sean_Aaron

295. Posted:

I really like how wide the Gamepad is myself. Gives me the open feeling of the remote and nunchuk with all the buttons of the CCPro. If it wasn't for my Japanese Virtual Console collection and Mr Driller Drill Land I wouldn't even have the Classic Controller/Pro.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

296. Posted:

Void wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Void wrote:

After playing the demo I can safely say I liked the heavy blowgun the best, next I would probably take the dual swords, and is the Lagombi resistant to blowguns, or is the light blowgun just really, really weak? #mhnoob

I couldn't answer this question without knowing the bowgun and what rounds you were using.

No monster is weak/strong to a certain type of weapons. Weapons come with a lot of attributes, including strength (or power whatever it's called). Some weapons have attributes giving them Fire attack or Water attack etc.

Bowguns iirc, the stats are just for how the weapons handle. What is really important with Bowguns (and Bows, Gunlances) is the rounds you are using. Holding down L and using A/X allows you to switch through your rounds. See if you get any Fire/Lightning rounds with the loadout, as that is what it is weakest too.

Also, for anyone who is a noob to the series and is serious about learning how to be a pro at this game, look at the wiki. http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Portal:MH3U That wiki has everything from Weapons and all the weapon trees to offline and online quest info.

Bookmark it, make it your homepage. (It is the best hunting resource.)

Oh I see now.
I did find some fire ammo in the chest... I probably would have beat it if I knew that was there before, because other than that you got some basic stuff, pellets, piercing, and status shells.

Just to add to add to what aviator said. The light bowgun while capable of killing monsters is a bit more of a support weapon. It's better at giving your teammates status effects on the monsters ie poison paralyze. I haven't used it yet in the demo but from past experiences 20 mins might not be enough time for it to kill the second monster. As for the first I think it can work.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage
Avatar

19Robb92

297. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Capcom failed to lure you, not the thousands of newcomers. There's a handful of people that are new to Monster Hunter on this site that played the demo, enjoyed it and are now going to purchase it because of that joy.

If you want what you crave, buy the actual game. Capcom's luring newcomers in with its superb gameplay, and that's all it needs to do.

They definitely did. And it's a shame, cause if they actually made an effort and showed of more of the game they could easily get a lot of the MMO RPG base to play it. I have a buddy who plays WOW, he loves the way you get new gear etc. and he was disappointed in this demo cause that factor didn't "exists". Which, ironically, it does. And is a big part of the game.

I've played MH before. I'm not complaining about the game. Just the demo and the way Capcom makes the game look. Which is pretty crappy and extremely dull, IMO.

Aviator wrote:

Umm, we downloaded the same demo didn't we.

Y'know, the one called Monster Hunter.

Haha, yeah. Great explanation. Cause when I play Super Mario, the only expectation I have is to see a character named Mario dressed in a Super Man cape?

Tasuki wrote:

You are the guy that complains at the sample lady at the grocery store for only giving you one sample aren't you? :P

Nah, I'm the guy that spits it out cause it tasted like crap.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

298. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Is it sad that I got killed by the arctic bunny thing?

No, because you're a newcomer, yes?

Yeah. :p

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

299. Posted:

Ok. I like this game. Damnit.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Spoony_Tech

300. Posted:

Ok so here is a small fail on capcoms part. I tried the light bowgun and it starts you off with recovery bullets. So the average person who knows nothing about how to switch ammo or what they do will just fire healing ammo at the monster!! Face palm! O.o

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech