Wii U Forum

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 241 to 260 of 1,502

AuthorMessage

Aviator

241. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

That harder mission fighting the fish is frustrating. I've tried it 3 times, and always run out of time. I understand the controls, but how the hell do you off the bombs? Do I need to throw a harpoon at them or something? I set up 3 all around it, and it just ran right through them. I would have won, but I just can't get the bombs to go off. Has anyone beaten this thing with nothing besides their main weapon? Maybe I just am terrible at this game, but I barely ever got hit, and hit it at least every 45 seconds with 5 swipes of the big blade weapon. It swimming around every 5 seconds in the water is when I can't get it that much though. It just swims back and forth, but never hits me.

You need to hit the bombs with something. Plessy can set them off (would be harder for it to set them off underwater). If you use a sword to hit it, be careful that you have enough HP to survive.

Good tactic, put bombs around a trap. Then set them off when it can't move.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

242. Posted:

How much time do they give you for the missions in the full game? How do I keep my stamina up? I think my main problem was the stamina. I basically couldn't run or swim fast after a while.
Maybe I'll just spend one of the 20 minute trials experimenting with all the stuff, instead of jumping right into the fight right away.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

243. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

How much time do they give you for the missions in the full game? How do I keep my stamina up? I think my main problem was the stamina. I basically couldn't run or swim fast after a while.
Maybe I'll just spend one of the 20 minute trials experimenting with all the stuff, instead of jumping right into the fight right away.

For the most part, 50 minutes. There are some quests that are 30 but its rare. (mainly two of the Elder Dragons) As for Stamina, fi you mean by increasing the amount, some kind of meat, or the Rations from the supply box. After a while the maxinum stamina will decrease. So you need to keep it up with the Steaks and other various items.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

244. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

For the most part, 50 minutes. There are some quests that are 30 but its rare. (mainly two of the Elder Dragons) As for Stamina, fi you mean by increasing the amount, some kind of meat, or the Rations from the supply box. After a while the maxinum stamina will decrease. So you need to keep it up with the Steaks and other various items.

Also in the frozen tundra if you get hit with an ice attack you will get a chill which depletes your stamina by about 5 times as fast. You can cure that with the right items as well.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

245. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Also in the frozen tundra if you get hit with an ice attack you will get a chill which depletes your stamina by about 5 times as fast. You can cure that with the right items as well.

Then there's Waterblight (caused by Plessy and other water monsters) that slows stamina recovery.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

246. Posted:

So, apparently I'm just not using my resources at all... No wonder why I suck. I've just been swinging way, healing when I need to, and sharpening the blade when it needs to be. I didn't know I had to do all this stuff!

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

247. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@Scar
The Tundra's cold can decrease your stamina bar. In the actual game, make sure you use a hot drink to prevent it.

Aviator wrote:

You need to hit the bombs with something. Plessy can set them off (would be harder for it to set them off underwater). If you use a sword to hit it, be careful that you have enough HP to survive.

Good tactic, put bombs around a trap. Then set them off when it can't move.

What Aviator said. Oh and since draining your health is unnecessary, try to use detonators. They look like little yellow bombs but explode fairly quickly.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

248. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Tech101 wrote:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Then there's Waterblight (caused by Plessy and other water monsters) that slows stamina recovery.

In other words like we said this game is deep! Let's not even go into each weapon and armor piece has its own stats that can negatively or positively effect the monsters and yourself!

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

249. Posted:

How do I ise the traps? I set one, and the monsters I'm practicing on are just walking through all the stuff I lay around.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

250. Posted:

The Shock Trap you just set (Y) and make sure the monster runs into it, I think that's the only trap that's in the demo.

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

251. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

How do I ise the traps? I set one, and the monsters I'm practicing on are just walking through all the stuff I lay around.

Use your trap. When they're stunned, place the bombs next to it quickly, then use the yellow detonator to explode them. Do this correctly and you won't take damage.

Also, I'm going to say this for a third time, the monster still takes damage even if it goes right through your bomb(s).

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

252. Posted:

Is it sad that I got killed by the arctic bunny thing?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

253. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

No, because you're a newcomer, yes?

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

254. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Haha. No.
Ok, so I read up on the manual on the Home Menu, and I thought I was doing all I could. I haven't been using the R button special, A+X combined, and I figured out how to use targeting. So I lied on accident guys, I don't know s***.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

255. Posted:

I was expecting to die against Plessy, but didn't even faint...lol. Makes me wonder how I'm going to do with the rest of the new monsters. xD (yes, Plessy is new to me, just like Narga, lol)

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

256. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

I was expecting to die against Plessy, but didn't even faint...lol. Makes me wonder how I'm going to do with the rest of the new monsters. xD (yes, Plessy is new to me, just like Narga, lol)

Same here. I'm going to assume DevilJho and Diablos will be unnecessarily difficult, but hopefully the "new" monsters will actually pose to be challenging until I master them like the others. :-P

Just for you.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

257. Posted:

All I know is that Brachy is going to be a pain. lol
And I just KNOW Miraos is going to kill me multiple times too.
And Alatreon I can't tell, will be the first time I solo him, but at the same time he'll be toned down a bit since he's built for single player here.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

258. Posted:

Let not forget we are getting whole armor in the demo which will give better stats. Try to face these monster for the first time with even crappier armor and it might pose a more difficult challenge!

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

259. Posted:

Tech101 wrote:

Let not forget we are getting whole armor in the demo which will give better stats. Try to face these monster for the first time with even crappier armor and it might pose a more difficult challenge!

Well with Plessy you don't fight him until high rank here, so you might have some decent equipment at that time. Dunno about Lago though, I mean he's low rank....but he's still kinda easy anyways, lol

Edited on by Xiao_Pai

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

260. Posted:

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

All I know is that Brachy is going to be a pain. lol
And I just KNOW Miraos is going to kill me multiple times too.
And Alatreon I can't tell, will be the first time I solo him, but at the same time he'll be toned down a bit since he's built for single player here.

I'm afraid of the Laggy's subspecies. I've always had this handicap with him. Sometimes I waste him, other times, it's stressful.

But yes, Miraos is going to challenging. I'm so stoked!

Just for you.