Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,506

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,261. Posted:

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Capcom demos Monster Hunter 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olom1CqJk2Q

That looks awesome. I want a CCP XL pretty bad... I probably would have bought the 3DS version if I would've known the packet tools were gonna come out so quick, AND if I could've bought a CPP XL day one. I'm sure Nintendo will FOR SURE release the CPP XL once Smash Bros. comes. They will basically have to.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,262. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Where do I get...
super sized dung,
funky pheromones,
pale extract,
and double BBQ pit?

You can get Super Sized Dung from killing the giant Aptonoth in the Moga Woods when they appear and converting the kills into resource points.
Similarly, you can get Funky Pheromones from killing Bnahabra (the flying bugs) in Moga Woods and converting to resource points.
Pale Extract comes from Gigginox.
Double BBQ is a one star Rare Commodity I believe.

SCAR392 wrote:

Are the 5 star quests the last ones in single player?

After the five star quests, you unlock the High Rank quests that go up to nine star.

SCAR392 wrote:

I want a CCP XL pretty bad... I probably would have bought the 3DS version if I would've known the packet tools were gonna come out so quick, AND if I could've bought a CPP XL day one. I'm sure Nintendo will FOR SURE release the CPP XL once Smash Bros. comes. They will basically have to.

I still find it really weird that they haven't released it there in America.
It's basically built for Monster Hunter... it makes the game so much easier.
It's already been released in the rest of the world so it surely can't be that hard to bring it over there?
Oh well, at least you can always import one if you need it.

Edited on by BenAV

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,263. Posted:

@BenAV
How do I convert kills to resource points? Just by killing them?
I know I can get the double BBQ spit from the trader, but where do I get rare commodities to trade?

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Razalom

1,264. Posted:

You convert kills to resource points at Junior.
Rare commodities I believe can come from Junior as well.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,265. Posted:

Razalom wrote:

You convert kills to resource points at Junior.
Rare commodities I believe can come from Junior as well.

This is correct.
Just to expand, you get Rare Commodities from taking down large monsters in the Woods.
For example, Great Jaggi might get you a one star rare commodity when you convert the kill to resource points (by talking to Junior).
I've personally found it to be much easier to get Rare Commodities by capturing rather than killing the monsters, so you might want to try that.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,266. Posted:

Thanks. I didn't even know I could do that. I haven't converted anything into resource points throughout the entire game, so I had 5000 pts. about and got everything I was looking for.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,267. Posted:

Also, it's better (and a heck of a lot faster) to use the wiki to check where to get stuff.

The MH3U one is pretty incomplete, but most of the items are the same as they were in Tri. So check the Tri page.

Also, there's the pdf guide on the internet, and that's massive, and has where to find everything.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

1,268. Posted:

Well, I've managed to get mainly everything I can without requesting the village's help, apparently. I had no clue I could send off the boat crew and actually get good things and convert things into resources until now and I'm 33 hours into the game. I know basically where everything resources wise is in single player up to 5 star. I make sure I know where the stuff is so I'm not looking for it later.
I could've been slightly further in the game if I knew this earlier. Oh, well. My item box, weapon, and armor is pretty decked-out. I think I have like 30 armor sphere, 20 armor sphere+, and money is like the water around Moga Village. ABUNDANT. Haha.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,269. Posted:

Diablos is dead... Anyone up for some HR2 quests check-out MadOzWorld ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,270. Posted:

First death against the Royal Ludroth. :(
I think the Barroth is my favorite monster so far. I chopped off his tail when I was fighting him last night.
Made two new masks for Cha-Cha! Is it worth it to keep making those? I only like his original mask so far. He's wearing the bbq one right now though.
I'm gonna hunt the Barroth again so I can make armor out of him 'cause I really like his design. After that I'll finally try out online today.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

1,271. Posted:

The better the mask, the more abilities Cha-Cha can hold.

It's beneficial offline to have wealthier masks for both Cha-Chas.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

RoryLee

1,272. Posted:

Finally finished my 3 Star Urgent. Gameday and I tore it up this morning with alot of good hunts. I've been using a Switch-Axe that has a cat face on it and that has been working really good for me. Definitely my favorite weapon so far.

@MadAussieBloke
You got a crew that you hunt with? Once the patch becomes available, I would like to do some hunting with you.

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,273. Posted:

Why didn't anyone warn me I wouldn't be able to complete the Barroth armor as a blade master. :(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

MAB

1,274. Posted:

@RoryLee my crew is a voice chat mate from Sydney and a boatload of randoms ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,275. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Why didn't anyone warn me I wouldn't be able to complete the Barroth armor as a blade master. :(

And why wouldn't you?! I had it on tri. You must be getting the bowgun armor confused with the blade armor!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,276. Posted:

Oh. I guess I am. o.o Which is which?

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,277. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh. I guess I am. o.o Which is which?

The blade will always be the top choice the gunner the bottem. In some rare cases I believe there might be only one set of some types but those are usually special. Not sure if that's right though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,278. Posted:

The Blademaster set is the one with twice as much defence.
The head equipment can be wore by either, but even so I don't know why you'd want to wear Gunner's headgear as a Blademaster.

I used Barroth armour for a little while in 3 Ultimate.
It's a decent set for working through some of the early monsters as it gives you a small attack and defence boost.

Edited on by BenAV

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,279. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

I don't know why you'd want to wear Gunner's headgear as a Blademaster.

Gunner has more elemental (or whatever it's called) defence, whilst blade has more defence.

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,280. Posted: