Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,519

ClassicJetterz

I did several missions, but this was during a time where I rarely had any free time to play games. As a result I ended up selling it.

I'm sure if I got it and played with people I'd enjoy it.
Kinda like Mario Kart. Gotta trudge through single player so I can fully enjoy online.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Spoony_Tech

Chrono_Cross wrote:

How far did you get? I'm on enough even though the servers refuse to let me connect to anyone.

Sounds like a problem one of my friends had on tri. Is your connection port forwarded?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Chrono_Cross

ClassicJetterz wrote:

I did several missions, but this was during a time where I rarely had any free time to play games. As a result I ended up selling it.

I'm sure if I got it and played with people I'd enjoy it.
Kinda like Mario Kart. Gotta trudge through single player so I can fully enjoy online.

The offline is fairly enjoyable this time. In Tri, there were a lot of "uuughs" but in Ultimate there were more .

If you can rent it somehow, do that. And yes, the online is pretty great.

Tech101 wrote:

Sounds like a problem one of my friends had on tri. Is your connection port forwarded?

Yes. I wish the Wii U had an ethernet port.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

ClassicJetterz

I'll see what I can do. I;m growing impatient for Mario Kart U so if I DO get this it'll be a great time killer.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Spoony_Tech

That's your problem then. I could connect to him but he could never join me. He always had to make the room.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MAB

Hunters required to brave a Diablos on HR2

See MadOzBloke in the tavern on Free Play 01 - Lobby 2 - MadOzWorld

MAB

BenAV

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I wish the Wii U had an ethernet port.

Well if you need it that badly, just get one of the adaptors.
Back when my Internet was terrible, I had to use one if I wanted to play Tri online without disconnecting (I would always disconnect when hunting with three others, which made Alatreon a nightmare).
So far I've only tried 3 Ultimate online once with one friend, with my Internet being pretty dodgy and the router being on the other side of the house, but surprisingly I had no issues at all, even the voice chat worked flawlessly.

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Hunters required to brave a Diablos on HR2

See MadOzBloke in the tavern on Free Play 01 - Lobby 2 - MadOzWorld

I'd totally join, but we're in the middle of moving house and I think our Internet has already been moved over to the other house, so no online for me until Tuesday.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@Chrono_Cross
Don't port forward. That's for only if your connection sucks(I'm assuming you have good internet), and you're running more than one device while giving priority to one. Port forwarding just makes things more complicated and hasn't really been needed since 2008.
I always keep my devices at factory settings with very few custom settings if any except the password.

EDIT: Just get a LAN adaptor for $10. I've seen them that cheap, but wireless is more convenient for me. The bandwidth isn't limited to a wire, but sometimes it doesn't matter either way.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

SCRAPPER392

Where do I get...
super sized dung,
funky pheromones,
pale extract,
and double BBQ pit?

I can't find that crap anywhere. I want to make sure Moga Village is loaded and capable before I go online. Are the 5 star quests the last ones in single player? I'm on the last mission I can do besides having to get sharqskin from a Ludicraus.

Qwest

SCRAPPER392

xBASSxMONSTAx wrote:

Capcom demos Monster Hunter 4:

That looks awesome. I want a CCP XL pretty bad... I probably would have bought the 3DS version if I would've known the packet tools were gonna come out so quick, AND if I could've bought a CPP XL day one. I'm sure Nintendo will FOR SURE release the CPP XL once Smash Bros. comes. They will basically have to.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

BenAV

SCAR392 wrote:

Where do I get...
super sized dung,
funky pheromones,
pale extract,
and double BBQ pit?

You can get Super Sized Dung from killing the giant Aptonoth in the Moga Woods when they appear and converting the kills into resource points.
Similarly, you can get Funky Pheromones from killing Bnahabra (the flying bugs) in Moga Woods and converting to resource points.
Pale Extract comes from Gigginox.
Double BBQ is a one star Rare Commodity I believe.

SCAR392 wrote:

Are the 5 star quests the last ones in single player?

After the five star quests, you unlock the High Rank quests that go up to nine star.

SCAR392 wrote:

I want a CCP XL pretty bad... I probably would have bought the 3DS version if I would've known the packet tools were gonna come out so quick, AND if I could've bought a CPP XL day one. I'm sure Nintendo will FOR SURE release the CPP XL once Smash Bros. comes. They will basically have to.

I still find it really weird that they haven't released it there in America.
It's basically built for Monster Hunter... it makes the game so much easier.
It's already been released in the rest of the world so it surely can't be that hard to bring it over there?
Oh well, at least you can always import one if you need it.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

@BenAV
How do I convert kills to resource points? Just by killing them?
I know I can get the double BBQ spit from the trader, but where do I get rare commodities to trade?

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Razalom

You convert kills to resource points at Junior.
Rare commodities I believe can come from Junior as well.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

BenAV

Razalom wrote:

You convert kills to resource points at Junior.
Rare commodities I believe can come from Junior as well.

This is correct.
Just to expand, you get Rare Commodities from taking down large monsters in the Woods.
For example, Great Jaggi might get you a one star rare commodity when you convert the kill to resource points (by talking to Junior).
I've personally found it to be much easier to get Rare Commodities by capturing rather than killing the monsters, so you might want to try that.

BenAV

SCRAPPER392

Thanks. I didn't even know I could do that. I haven't converted anything into resource points throughout the entire game, so I had 5000 pts. about and got everything I was looking for.

Qwest

Aviator

Also, it's better (and a heck of a lot faster) to use the wiki to check where to get stuff.

The MH3U one is pretty incomplete, but most of the items are the same as they were in Tri. So check the Tri page.

Also, there's the pdf guide on the internet, and that's massive, and has where to find everything.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

SCRAPPER392

Well, I've managed to get mainly everything I can without requesting the village's help, apparently. I had no clue I could send off the boat crew and actually get good things and convert things into resources until now and I'm 33 hours into the game. I know basically where everything resources wise is in single player up to 5 star. I make sure I know where the stuff is so I'm not looking for it later.
I could've been slightly further in the game if I knew this earlier. Oh, well. My item box, weapon, and armor is pretty decked-out. I think I have like 30 armor sphere, 20 armor sphere+, and money is like the water around Moga Village. ABUNDANT. Haha.

Qwest

MAB

Diablos is dead... Anyone up for some HR2 quests check-out MadOzWorld

MAB

Retro_on_theGo

First death against the Royal Ludroth.
I think the Barroth is my favorite monster so far. I chopped off his tail when I was fighting him last night.
Made two new masks for Cha-Cha! Is it worth it to keep making those? I only like his original mask so far. He's wearing the bbq one right now though.
I'm gonna hunt the Barroth again so I can make armor out of him 'cause I really like his design. After that I'll finally try out online today.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.