Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - OT

Posts 161 to 180 of 249

Eel

It's not like they using a currently new character in spin offs is anything new. The game cube had Petey and King Boo in many games.

Rosalina is just popular enough to become a regular.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bluemage1989

Koopa Troopa Petey Piranha and King Boo characters and amiibo pleeeeease Nintendo

bluemage1989

Mister_Wu

If they add Larry Koopa... they would be just 12 years late

Mister_Wu

lightningbolt79

@NintyMan: no, Rosalina, Sprixie and Toadette are new to Mario Tennis. That is what it means.

lightningbolt79

lightningbolt79

It doesn't make any difference if they were new or returning, they would still be the same. Bowser Jr and Dry Bowser has been in before.

lightningbolt79

Mister_Wu

@NintyMan: If you look carefully at the site, Bowser Jr. and Dry Bowser aren't listed as "New!" characters, only Rosalina, Toadette and Sprixie. The unrevealed characters were four, so that five can't be referred to them as well.

EDIT: it was "can't", not "can".

Edited on by Mister_Wu

Mister_Wu

lightningbolt79

@Mister_Wu: so far, 3 "new" characters have been revealed (Rosalina, Sprixie and Toadette) and if the site is correct there should be two more.

lightningbolt79

Mister_Wu

@lighteningbolt79: Sorry, I made a mistake: I wanted to say that the five could not refer to the four previously unrevealed characters (Dry Bowser, Bowser Jr., Toadette and Sprixie).

Mister_Wu

CM30

That would be awesome if true. Though I still wouldn't buy the game, since the gameplay itself just doesn't really look all that interesting (for a Mario sports game).

Edit: Oh hey, new footage:

Edited on by CM30

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Mister_Wu

Ok, the site now says three new characters, so now we can only hope for DLC characters...

Mister_Wu

las_cadenas

The videos dont work anymore.

This game probably WILL get DLC cause its pretty empty of details.

las_cadenas

Hendesu

Yellowkoopa wrote:

This game has a very weak character roster.

I love it how they replace Diddy Kong for a Sprixie.

Some random dude on Nintendo Life.
Toriel left for a while, so Freaky Fred took over her place!
Not changing this part of the signature until Nintendo announces Super Mario Sunshine 2.
[Started 10/31/15]

Nintendo Network ID: DarkSperow

Peek-a-boo

las_cadenas wrote:

Given how barebones the game already is, I should hope that any form of DLC is offered for free!

I was going to cancel my pre-order, but the online Nintendo store (in the UK) won't let me seeing as they have already sent the plushie toy and tennis ball. I just hope it is better than the underwhelming 3DS Mario Tennis, is all.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo wrote:

las_cadenas wrote:

Given how barebones the game already is, I should hope that any form of DLC is offered for free!

They should've postponed it instead. No matter how much free DLC they release, the lack of content at launch will make many people cancel their pre-order/just not buy it and it will impact reviews negatively discouraging even more gamers.

Edited on by SuperWiiU

Peek-a-boo

@SuperWiiU: They should have postponed the game? A bit like Star Fox Zero?

I wholeheartedly agree! Trouble is, taking Mario Tennis out of an already uninspired Christmas line-up for the Wii U would make it even less appealing. Losing Star Fox Zero was bad enough, and releasing Xenoblade Chronicles in December - three months after Super Mario Maker - is questionable at best.

All three consoles have $299 bundles this holiday season, and these next few months are going to be really tough for Nintendo.

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

@SuperWiiU: This is one of the few occasions I disagree, sure there's that famous Miyamoto quote and it likely does fit here but Nintendo's lineup is pretty much non-existent as it is. If you want a new Wii U game, what's left?

• Animal Crossing amiibo Festival which is pretty much an amiibo cash grab.
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X of which it won't provide any meaningful sales because of being niche.
  • (US only) Devil's Third of which given the EU release, most know its already garbage.

This is probably one of those situations where having a bunch of GC remasters would've helped a lot (e.g. Twilight Princess, Super Mario Sunshine) especially as Wind Waker HD is still in the top 10 best selling Wii U games. Also, a Direct to show off DLC for big already existing games like Splatoon, Super Mario Maker and Smash.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.