Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 249

lightningbolt79

Rexcalibr wrote:

I am kind of disappointed that Bowser Jr. is in his clown kart.

Same. I don't get why they are keeping him in his clown kart now.

lightningbolt79

Aozz101x

@Rexcalibr:
agree, it would been better to have it optional.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Rexcalibr

I like him in his clown kart in Smash Bros but it looks weird in tennis.

Also, I saw a select screen with all the characters and even with Toadette, Dry Bowser, the Sprixie Fairy and Bowser Jr., the roster seems really small.

Rexcalibr

lightningbolt79

Rexcalibr wrote:

I like him in his clown kart in Smash Bros but it looks weird in tennis.

Also, I saw a select screen with all the characters and even with Toadette, Dry Bowser, the Sprixie Fairy and Bowser Jr., the roster seems really small.

It does look like there is room for more characters, but those are probably DLC.

lightningbolt79

Eel

Rexcalibr wrote:

I guess this way they don't need to spend money designing and producing new amiibos for him.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Vinny

I loved that RPG-like mode they included on Mario Tennis for GBC and GBA. I don't recall they ever including it on console versions but I think it adds a lot to the game.

Edited on by Vinny

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Peek-a-boo

Vinny wrote:

I loved that RPG-like mode they included on Mario Tennis for GBC and GBA. I don't recall they ever including it on console versions but I think it adds a lot to the game.

It still amazes me how they have never, ever thought about adding this brilliant feature to the home consoles - it boggles the mind!

Anyways, I have cancelled my pre-order for this.

This is the most barebones Mario Tennis yet, and Nintendo don't want me to play with or against my friends online either.

Splatoon, Runbow and Year Walk are the only three games I have enjoyed on my Wii U this year, and is a stark contrast to the excellent offerings on the Wii U back in 2013 and 2014 respectively.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

lightningbolt79

Why is Bowser Jr in his clown kart? His amiibo isnt even announced to be compatible with the game. I don't get why.

lightningbolt79

Eel

lighteningbolt79 wrote:

Why is Bowser Jr in his clown kart? His amiibo isnt even announced to be compatible with the game. I don't get why.

Mostly because:

-New Super Mario Bros U/Super Mario Maker
-Smash Bros 4
-Super Mario World nostalgia

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blue_Blur

Rexcalibr wrote:

Really? I think that the Koopaling's work best in their Clown Kart's for Smash, but Tennis is a different story. He was one of my favorite characters to play as in Mario Power Tennis, and him running around on his feet worked fine. I wish he wasn't in the Clown Kart. I was also holding out on getting the Bowser Jr. Amiibo once I found out he was in this game. I want a Bowser Jr. Amiibo with no Clown Kart; I was hoping he would play like in Power Tennis and get a new Amiibo... guess not. Oh well, at least he is in the game. Gotta look on the bright side, at least he has an Amiibo. I guess I'll go ahead and get his Amiibo if I see it. I hope Waluigi and Toadette get an Amiibo, too!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

lightningbolt79

Blue_Blur wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Really? I think that the Koopaling's work best in their Clown Kart's for Smash, but Tennis is a different story. He was one of my favorite characters to play as in Mario Power Tennis, and him running around on his feet worked fine. I wish he wasn't in the Clown Kart. I was also holding out on getting the Bowser Jr. Amiibo once I found out he was in this game. I want a Bowser Jr. Amiibo with no Clown Kart; I was hoping he would play like in Power Tennis and get a new Amiibo... guess not. Oh well, at least he is in the game. Gotta look on the bright side, at least he has an Amiibo. I guess I'll go ahead and get his Amiibo if I see it. I hope Waluigi and Toadette get an Amiibo, too!

Well if you get Bowser Jr amiibo you can't use him in this game, yet at least.

lightningbolt79

Blue_Blur

@lighteningbolt79: I buy Amiibos because I like the figures themselves; if they didn't do anything in any game, I would still buy them! Thanks for the info, though, I didn't know that. Hopefully they'll allow that Amiibo to be used, it would stink if it never becomes compatible.

lightningbolt79

Blue_Blur wrote:

@lighteningbolt79: I buy Amiibos because I like the figures themselves; if they didn't do anything in any game, I would still buy them! Thanks for the info, though, I didn't know that. Hopefully they'll allow that Amiibo to be used, it would stink if it never becomes compatible.

I've ordered the Bowser Jr anyway as well! He is one of my favourite Mario characters!

lightningbolt79

Blue_Blur

lighteningbolt79 wrote:

Blue_Blur wrote:

I've ordered the Bowser Jr anyway as well! He is one of my favourite Mario characters!

Luigi will always be my favorite Nintendo character; I've always chosen him as my main character. Not sure why, probably because he's green and green used to be my favorite color when I was little. lol I've used Luigi for every Mario Kart, Mario Party, everything, and never plan to stop being Luigi as my main. Waluigi, Shy Guy, Toad, and Bowser Jr. are my other favorite Mario characters; it's nice to seem them get into a lot of games recently. Except Shy Guy, he should be playable!

lightningbolt79

Blue_Blur wrote:

lighteningbolt79 wrote:

Blue_Blur wrote:

Luigi will always be my favorite Nintendo character; I've always chosen him as my main character. Not sure why, probably because he's green and green used to be my favorite color when I was little. lol I've used Luigi for every Mario Kart, Mario Party, everything, and never plan to stop being Luigi as my main. Waluigi, Shy Guy, Toad, and Bowser Jr. are my other favorite Mario characters; it's nice to seem them get into a lot of games recently. Except Shy Guy, he should be playable!

Toad is my favourite character and Bowser Jr and Luigi are my other favourites

lightningbolt79

Shy_Guy

Sooo.... What about Shy Guy Nintendo??

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

Rexcalibr

Wow it really looks like Toadette gives you a middle finger when she gets a mushroom and grows giant sized. Also was strange how when she went for a shot early in the video, she darts across the screen at lightning speed.

Agree with Shy_Guy and it's a shame Shy Guy and Koopa Troopa are not in the game.

Rexcalibr

veeflames

Wow. Just... wow.
A newbie already starting to appear in other games... just like Rosalina?
Sprixie Princess confirmed for Smash Bros.!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.