Forums

Topic: Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - OT

Posts 241 to 249 of 249

Lycidas

after some multiplayer sessions my dad and me agree on the fact that the game doesn't hold up. lack of control on the shots and their direction/lenght, no (double) faults or outs, impossibility of consistent aces, the fact that heavyweight characters have enough reach to compensate for their slowness and so on. Mario Tennis 64 was miles ahead, and that was years ago.
so it'll be the VC Tennis option, despite the price of a Pro controller, it's totally stupid you can't use the nunchuk/wiimote for N64 VC titles, especially as Mario Tennis 64 only uses two buttons.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

Rexcalibr

The graphics are great but roster is too small and there isn't enough going for the game that has any lasting appeal. If you can play some 4 player local matches, it might be fun for a bit but I got sick of this faster than Mario Party 10.

Rexcalibr

mattlatimer

There isn't real plot to this game like mario super sluggers. It looks like another filler title to sexualize rosalina....

mattlatimer

Nintendo Network ID: mattlatimer SSF1999

Octane

@Barbiegurl777: It's like SFV, solid gameplay, but lackluster content. It's a game I'll be getting eventually, because the gameplay is good from what I've read, but I'm not going to pay €45 for this. I wouldn't pay 50 bucks for this, you can get yourself many more hours worth of gameplay for that money.

Octane

Rumorlife

It's really awkward that I've seen more people saying Mario Party 10 is better than this. At my store, we barely sold through our first box in the first month.

Rumorlife

Harmunt

I took the plunge at the £27.99 ($38.95) price point... I can't argue with the fact that the content is severely lacking, however, what has made it in the game satisfies my needs from a Mario themed tennis game. I do tend to play in 'vanilla' mode, minus all the bells and whistles attributed to the special moves as this tends to detract from my overall enjoyment.

I'm surprised it's taken this long for the arrival of a Nintendo/Camelot sports game on Wii U. Whilst I'm sure that had the console been more commercially successful we would have already seen the likes of Mario Golf or Mario Baseball, I just can't help wishing for another Mario Strikers Charged...

Edited on by Harmunt

Harmunt

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Harmunt: I honestly think a Mario Golf game may be an unannounced Wii U game for this year, if not then I guess Nintendo's being super preserving of the Wii Sports brand so the handheld consoles get the Mario sports games while the home consoles get little else outside of some kind of Wii Sports game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

bluemage1989

I really enjoyed this game initially and now when I do still play from time to time its still great fun but I just wish it had more content so that I was spending more time with it. Mario Party is the better game but I am also a massive fan of the series.

bluemage1989

StarFalco

I just rented this. I love it.

I think I will buy when it hits the $29.00 range.

All In The Reflexes

Switch Friend Code: SW-1852-3950-9117 | My Nintendo: StarFalco | Nintendo Network ID: StarFalco | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.