Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 421 to 440 of 4,835

LavaTwilight

I'm not going to quote that just to avoid the link being up again. But what could they do? Ask if ur white or black? Would that not also be considered racist? Take a picture and have it make assumptions from that? And get it wrong because of lighting? Honestly, this world is so edgy with being politically correct, it's like you can't even mention it without offending someone. I'm offended that he's even brought up the subject!

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

TeeJay

I just preordered this yesterday. I can't wait!

As for the hand skin color thing, I was mildly surprised they left the hand in rather than just have a floating stylus. The human race can't be trusted to not get offended by every little thing so if they had had some foresight they could have just left the hand out if they wanted to avoid the issue entirely, whuch Nintendo does prefer to do.

Personally, I say leave it in. Let the whiners complain if they want and just ignore them. Whatever. What a stupid thing to get upset over.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Gridatttack

Eh.

That magikoopa level was okay.

I suppose if people are okay with such kind of levels, then I suppose I know what to do ingame :>

Edited on by Gridatttack

New Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, a remake of Super Mario Bros 1 and The Lost Levels for NSMBDS.
new 3DS: 0276-2211-7514

3DS Friend Code: 0276-2211-7514 | Nintendo Network ID: Gridatttack

99mushrooms

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Those kind of things should be toggle switch on/off, there's no problems with things like the White Tanooki suit and Luigi helper as long as players have the choice not to see it irrelevant of how many deaths they have.

I agree, also the level creators should have the option to turn it off completely if the choose

Mario vs the corndog farmers 1
BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

Laying pipe for princess peach 2
37FD-0000-00F7-B212

The dangers of shell jumping 1
2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Let me know what you think, I would love feedback and some stars i...

Rexcalibr

Unfortunately, since the Koopalings will not be in, I will be making Koopaling themed levels. I'm going to try to use the coins to make their face in the stage and the Stilleto Heel will be good for making a Wendy themed stage. I'll probably make a circus themed stage for Lemmy.

I will still cross my fingers and hope that Nintendo will make DLC so I can download them but it would have been nice if you could just toggle Bowser Jr. to make him any one of the Koopalings.

Rexcalibr

LavaTwilight

Has it been confirmed that the Koopalings definitely won't be in it? Since Nintendo have said there's still more to see? It might be possible by the time the game is released...

LzWinky

Anything is possible

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jariw

LavaTwilight wrote:

Has it been confirmed that the Koopalings definitely won't be in it?

Yes:

jariw

Rexcalibr

It is a shame if Nintendo definitely won't have them in the game. As far as I've seen, Boom Boom is not in the game either, nor the Sumo Bros and Chargin' Chuck.

Rexcalibr

99mushrooms

I wonder if there will be check points?

Mario vs the corndog farmers 1
BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

Laying pipe for princess peach 2
37FD-0000-00F7-B212

The dangers of shell jumping 1
2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Let me know what you think, I would love feedback and some stars i...

TylerTheCreator

@99mushrooms: I bet there will be for Super Mario World, at least. Did New Super Mario Bros. U have checkpoints? I haven't played it.

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

LzWinky

Yes, NSMBU had check points

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TylerTheCreator

@LztheQuack: Maybe there will be checkpoints for these two versions of levels then. The Nintendo Treehouse has shown that some things work differently in different versions of Mario games. So, checkpoints for SMW and NSMBU? I wouldn't be surprised if they're included.

TylerTheCreator

LavaTwilight

There were checkpoints for the original Super Mario Bros too, it's just that they weren't physical checkpoints, they were automatic when you got to a certain point in the level. They've already shown that certain enemies/objects will be 'downgraded' to 8bit, such as bowser Jr and boo. If they do include checkpoints it'd make sense to downgrade those too.

TylerTheCreator

@LavaTwilight: Maybe you're right. Maybe the only differences are the physics for each game.

TylerTheCreator

Eel

I wonder what happened to the tall mushroom they showed long ago.

I also remember when they announced this they said that both graphical styles (back then) would share the same physics glad to hear they decided against that.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LavaTwilight

One of the videos shows the skinny mushroom (can't remember which one) so it looks like it's still there. And from what I heard the physics would stay the same to cater for new players. Has this changed now? And I know there are some things in certain styles u can't get in the others, so there are some differences but not sure exactly what yet...

Yoshi

I'm pretty sure the overall physics will remain the same throughout all the templates. As in, Mario will run at the same speed, jump at the same height, and control the same. It's the mechanics that will differ. Spin jumps are reserved for World and NSMBU, Wall Kicks are exclusive to NSMBU.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.