Forums

Topic: Super Mario Maker - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 4,835

Joeynator3000

LavaTwilight wrote:

One of the videos shows the skinny mushroom (can't remember which one) so it looks like it's still there. And from what I heard the physics would stay the same to cater for new players. Has this changed now? And I know there are some things in certain styles u can't get in the others, so there are some differences but not sure exactly what yet...

Was it a recent video? Only time I remember seeing it was last year's E3.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LavaTwilight

It was recent, one of those montage videos, so it didn't really emphasise it. Can't remember which one tho.

Mario Maker ID - 4XR BYS 5PF

My Nintendo: Mikee | Nintendo Network ID: LavaTwilight

99mushrooms

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Wii U console bundle confirmed!

I would think that the same options would be avaliable in the us but pre orders are already available and I didn't see any difrent bundles. Seems like you would be able to per order the limited edition one also. That amibo looks like the one used in the tree house video to add a giant mushroom into the game.

Mario vs the corndog farmers 1
BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

Laying pipe for princess peach 2
37FD-0000-00F7-B212

The dangers of shell jumping 1
2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Let me know what you think, I would love feedback and some stars i...

99mushrooms

Since this is a game I will probably never sell, i would prefer to download it but not if it means I can't get the amibo that gives you the giant mushroom.

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

99mushrooms

I would think that if one had checkpoints then they would be in all of them just like the new downgraded enemies are. I don't remember seeing checkpoints in any of the videos I have seen though.

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

LavaTwilight

99mushrooms wrote:

Since this is a game I will probably never sell, i would prefer to download it but not if it means I can't get the amibo that gives you the giant mushroom.

There are two versions, the same function. One is the 'classic' mario with the brown shirt and the other is the newer model with the blue shirt. Otherwise they're both identical. One comes pre-packed with the game and the other is available separately but don't ask me which one.

Speaking of Amiibo, all the amiibo unlock costumes, right? Does anyone know what the 'mario' amiibo does? Or are we to assume he works in the same way as the 8-bit mario in providing the mega shroom?

Edited on by LavaTwilight

99mushrooms

I assumed the one that came with it was the mega shroom amiibo, hopefully it does something other than a costume also.

BA83-0000-0111-DBEF

37FD-0000-00F7-B212

2D18-0000-0101-C59F

Sky high
752F-0000-0055-28B4

Dezzy

I have a question that maybe someone knows the answer to. Do the abilities of Mario change with the visual styles? Or are they all shared?
So can the Super Mario World version do wall jumps or power stomps (or whatever it's called when you slam the floor)?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

That sucks. I prefer the Super Mario World aesthetic but I can't function without the walljump.

jump

I can see alot of head scratching with this game from people not being able to do a level because they are using the wrong style and therefore not having the moves to finish it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jump

Yep you can but that doesn't mean deople will realise. I remember seeing so many outrage post because people couldn't play as their Amiibo in Smash, 3DS games can't be played on the DS etc.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TeeJay

arronishere wrote:

Yep you can but doesn't people will realise. I remember seeing so many outrage post because people couldn't play as their Amiibo in Smash, 3DS games can't be played on the DS etc.

Unfortunately this is true.

The playing as your Amiibo thing still makes me facepalm so hard. To this day I don't get the logic that drove them to that conclusion.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Grumblevolcano

arronishere wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

arronishere wrote:

Yep you can but doesn't people will realise. I remember seeing so many outrage post because people couldn't play as their Amiibo in Smash, 3DS games can't be played on the DS etc.

The playing as your Amiibo thing still makes me facepalm so hard. To this day I don't get the logic that drove them to that conclusion.

'I BOUGHT MY LINK AMIIBO SO WHY CAN'T I PLAY AS LINK'

Super Mario Maker makes the situation even worse because the amiibo does exactly that. Tap a Link amiibo to the Gamepad and that allows you to play as Link via a "?" mushroom.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TeeJay

Grumblevolcano wrote:

arronishere wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

arronishere wrote:

'I BOUGHT MY LINK AMIIBO SO WHY CAN'T I PLAY AS LINK'

Super Mario Maker makes the situation even worse because the amiibo does exactly that. Tap a Link amiibo to the Gamepad and that allows you to play as Link via a "?" mushroom.

Except Mario Maker doesn't have a character roster. You'd think the moment those people saw the existence of a character roster they would at least wonder what the point of buying an amiibo was if you could just choose them in the game, prompting them to do more research.

But nope

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

LzWinky

Oh please, people have been complaining about games not working on older systems since the Super Nintendo

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dezzy

NintyMan wrote:

I think styles can be switched anytime. It's not like it's locked in place the moment you start working on it and testing it. You can probably switch the style even after completing the level.

Well if you might need certain abilities to finish levels, doesn't it stand to reason that you'll just be given a fixed style for each level?

LavaTwilight

Dezzy wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I think styles can be switched anytime. It's not like it's locked in place the moment you start working on it and testing it. You can probably switch the style even after completing the level.

Well if you might need certain abilities to finish levels, doesn't it stand to reason that you'll just be given a fixed style for each level?

When u design a level u can switch styles as many times as you like to whatever works. When u upload the level under the style you've chosen, we can't change the style ourselves. I believe there's an option to 'save' or 'download' the level to our game though and we may be able to edit those courses then to whatever style we want. I don't see why we would want to tho... the level was obviously completable in the style chosen by the course designer.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.