Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart Wii U

Showing 141 to 160 of 167

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

141. Posted:

I think that 16 new and old is fine if they opt to include more tracks as DLC, though they didn't do that with 7... I do agree that I'd like to see more than 16 this time, though I won't really be upset if it's 32 again. It's a nice number.

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Emaan

142. Posted:

@CM30

Super Circuit had 20 new tracks. But you have to consider the fact that there's multiple tracks with the same theme. Which, in today's standards, would be over done.

There's 4 Bowser's Castles in Super Circuit.
2 Boo / haunted tracks
2 Lake / River tracks
2 Island / Beach tracks

My point being, just because 20 is more than 16, doesn't mean that amounts to more variety.

In my opinion, some of the most recent Mario Kart games (Double Dash, Wii, 7) have had the most creative tracks in the series- despite having "only 16" new tracks.

Edited on by Emaan

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

143. Posted:

I hope the maximum number of racers is bumped up to 12 (or more) again like in MKW instead of the usual 8. Don't get me wrong eight karts is fine, but I just find the increased chaos brought on by a larger group to be much more appealing.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Emaan

144. Posted:

@WingedFish

Yeah I enjoyed having 12 racers a lot. Perhaps that minor set back in Mario Kart 7 was just because it was a handheld game. Hopefully for the next home console release (Wii U) we see it continue the 12 racer standard :D

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Crazybrain1

145. Posted:

I don't about having 16 new, 16 old (although they should bump the number up to 20 for both...maybe that's pushing it) but it would be epic if they had a track maker.
It could be something simple, just choose soundtrack, background, and then make your track. You would probably only be able to make circuits with a couple of trick pieces.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everything.

AuthorMessage

CM30

146. Posted:

A track maker would the best thing ever in any Mario Kart game. Indeed, I love level editors in general, so I'd probably spend hours messing around with one for Mario Kart tracks.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

SuperJoon

147. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

A track maker would the best thing ever in any Mario Kart game. Indeed, I love level editors in general, so I'd probably spend hours messing around with one for Mario Kart tracks.

This for me! If i could create tracks and then play them or challenge people to them online, that would be awesome!

SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Joon84 | Twitter: XboxSuperJoon

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

148. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

I would love this too. I like making things in video games. It's not like it's impossible, Diddy Kong Racing DS had one if I remember correctly, but it was kinda bare bones. I'd like to make a track, increase or decrease the road's altitude maybe, decide where ramps, boosts, obstacles and item boxes go, etc. The possibilities are there!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Don't mind Dark Pit, he's just here to annoy the haters...
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WebHead

149. Posted:

I would like to see The Chimp from SMG 2 make an appearance.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Yosh

150. Posted:

I really want the option to either use single kart, or a double kart, like in double dash, I also want unique items for each character, retro tracks to take up 1/4, not 2/4, and bikes to return

Yosh

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3380-1583 | Nintendo Network ID: yoshisaredragons | Twitter: YoshTweetsThngs

AuthorMessage

-REAL-

151. Posted:

Untitled
^ . ^ Can't wait!

Edited on by -REAL-

★REAL★

AuthorMessage

Yellowtails

152. Posted:

More characters would be great too, but I already know they're going to do that anyway. The Battle mode should be improved by adding an option that if you lose all your balloons, you're out. And please put back the VS. mode in single player where you can race the CPU without doing Grand Prix. There was no reason why it couldn't have been in Mario Kart 7, seeing as they had a similar thing in Mario Kart Super Circuit and especially Mario Kart DS, where you can change the options in the race. (Like how much races you want to do.)

Edited on by Yellowtails

Yellowtails

AuthorMessage

ClassicJetterz

153. Posted:

I want 24-32 player races online.
AND SO MANY COURSES.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

AuthorMessage

CM30

154. Posted:

32 player races? That would be chaotic.

Then again, I've always thought more players per race would be awesome to see, and I'd love to see 32 players fighting it out at once in battle mode. So hey, sounds good I guess.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

155. Posted:

I would like a big character roster like Mario Kart Wii's. Bring back Waluigi, Diddy Kong, and Petey Piranha and introduce Kamek and Hammer Bro. as playable characters.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CM30

156. Posted:

I'd like to see those characters in the roster too. Not just them (I'd love to see a WarioWare character or two and maybe King K Rool from Donkey Kong Country in a Mario Kart title), but playable Kamek and Hammer Bro would be awesome.

We were so close too...

http://nintendo3dsdaily.com/nintendoarticles/mario-facts-agai...

Untitled

Untitled

Hammer Bro and Petey Piranha. Both considered for Mario Kart Wii, both scrapped. Maybe they'll make it into this one.

Edited on by CM30

AuthorMessage

Emaan

157. Posted:

I was just playing Mario Kart Wii today- and this reinforced my thought that Nintendo really needs to outdo it to make a solid impression.

7 seemed like a step back in my opinion. Well rather, a step that didn't really go anywhere to make improvements or try anything too creative.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

158. Posted:

I wonder if they'll add more cameos from others series, like the Blue Falcon being a kart option in MKW. Would be cool to see something like Samus' gunship or the Hocotate ship made into kart designs.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

159. Posted:

Please let there be bob-omb battles. And bring back two to a cart and special items.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

160. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Please let there be bob-omb battles. And bring back two to a cart and special items.

So basically Double Dash U! It would be really cool if Nintendo did this. Sadly, I think it may end up more like Mario Kart 7 (which I really didn't have much fun with)

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox