Forums

Topic: Mario Kart Wii U

Posts 121 to 140 of 159

NinChocolate

The koopalings for DLC!

Shifting courses like in Sonic Racing and accessing those areas via sea and air travel or something.

NinChocolate

Sonicfan11589

So we all know now that is coming out this year.
Can't wait!!!
I hope there is NO SNAKING feature at least for online competition reasons.

Sonicfan11589

Chrono_Cross

I'd be surprised if Nintendo released any DLC for this.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

SkywardLink98

If it includes a Rainbow Cup, better Battles, quick race, and better online functionality I may just have to get a Wii U.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

CHECKit095

The ability to design your own tracks would be cool...

CHECKit095

DudeSean

DestinyMan wrote:

I'm surprised that they said this now instead of at E3, but it's still great news. Now I hope that they don't rush this game too much so it can be as polished as it can be.

I don't think Nintendo is the kind of company that rushes their projects.

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I'd be surprised if Nintendo released any DLC for this.

I'd be surprised if Nintendo didn't release DLC for this. Seeing as how they've been supporting DLC with their NSMB games, I expect to start seeing it in other Nintendo titles as well, such as Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

Snagrio

I really hope there will be DLC for Mario Kart, and much more so Smash Bros. And considering that Nintendo has been doing well with how they handle DLC so far, I'm sure it'll be great.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

DylanMcGrann

Do you think we'll get local five or six player races on a single console, with four players sharing the splitscreen TV and one or two on their own gamepads? That would be cool.

I also wonder if the GamePad screen will just be a map as it is on the DS games, or if it will use the screen in some new more involved or otherwise alternate way.

DylanMcGrann

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3388-5483 | Nintendo Network ID: Tainy_Tonner | Twitter:

CrazyOtto

Yellowtails wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Would you guys rather have 32 COMPLETELY new tracks, or 16 new, 16 old?

I think Nintendo could make at LEAST 48 tracks total. 24 new and 24 retro is not too much to ask for seeing this is the Wii U. There have been 32 tracks in Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, and Mario Kart 7 (3DS). It's definitely time to increase the amount of tracks for Race and Battle Modes.

24 new and 24 retro is asking for too much, the most I think we'd see is 20 new and 20 retro if not 16 new and 16 retro again. I'd love 24 retro and 24 new but Hideki Konno said in an interview that the courses are the hardest part of making a Mario Kart game.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

DarkLloyd

Well it has 25 gb storage something that should really be taken advantage of considering its a one per console/handheld life policy with nintendo so as much tracks as possible preferably new or never before seen of the past at the least.

@MrSRArter what exactly would be hardest part in making tracks is it the outer design itself?

DarkLloyd

CrazyOtto

DarkLloyd wrote:

Well it has 25 gb storage something that should really be taken advantage of considering its a one per console/handheld life policy with nintendo so as much tracks as possible preferably new or never before seen of the past at the least.

@MrSRArter what exactly would be hardest part in making tracks is it the outer design itself?

I'm not sure, he didn't specify.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

DarkLloyd

MrSRArter wrote:

DarkLloyd wrote:

I'm not sure, he didn't specify.

i see, well in my personal opinion apart from general coding it seems fairly easy enough in my eyes, not like designing the stage would be a brain wrecker

DarkLloyd

CM30

I'd rather see more new tracks to be honest. I think Nintendo's relying way too much on nostalgia when adding content to these recent Mario Kart games, and I kind of miss the pre Double Dash days where you'd have 20 or 30 new tracks per game.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

e-love

@CM30

Mario Kart 64 had 16, just like Double Dash.

Not to mention Super Mario Kart only had more tracks because they were remixes of ones already in the game. For example, Mario Circuit and Mario Circuit 2. I think if they tried to do that now, people would complain even more about recycling as the tracks today have a lot more detail. Simply changing it around slightly like the original did, wouldn't bode as well with today's audience.

I'm all for quality over quantity when it comes to the tracks. 16 new and 16 retro is fine by me, as long as the 16 new are original and interesting.

Edited on by e-love

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

CM30

Mario Kart Super Circuit had a ton of new tracks and the entire track list from Super Mario Kart as retro tracks. Not remixes either, many of them had entirely new graphics, backgrounds, layouts, etc.

I just think Nintendo needs to move away from '16 new tracks, 16 old tracks'.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Drawdler

I think that 16 new and old is fine if they opt to include more tracks as DLC, though they didn't do that with 7... I do agree that I'd like to see more than 16 this time, though I won't really be upset if it's 32 again. It's a nice number.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

e-love

@CM30

Super Circuit had 20 new tracks. But you have to consider the fact that there's multiple tracks with the same theme. Which, in today's standards, would be over done.

There's 4 Bowser's Castles in Super Circuit.
2 Boo / haunted tracks
2 Lake / River tracks
2 Island / Beach tracks

My point being, just because 20 is more than 16, doesn't mean that amounts to more variety.

In my opinion, some of the most recent Mario Kart games (Double Dash, Wii, 7) have had the most creative tracks in the series- despite having "only 16" new tracks.

Edited on by e-love

Snagrio

I hope the maximum number of racers is bumped up to 12 (or more) again like in MKW instead of the usual 8. Don't get me wrong eight karts is fine, but I just find the increased chaos brought on by a larger group to be much more appealing.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

e-love

@WingedFish

Yeah I enjoyed having 12 racers a lot. Perhaps that minor set back in Mario Kart 7 was just because it was a handheld game. Hopefully for the next home console release (Wii U) we see it continue the 12 racer standard

Edited on by e-love

Crazybrain1

I don't about having 16 new, 16 old (although they should bump the number up to 20 for both...maybe that's pushing it) but it would be epic if they had a track maker.
It could be something simple, just choose soundtrack, background, and then make your track. You would probably only be able to make circuits with a couple of trick pieces.

Do you truly look at things positively? For example, do you look at the glass like it's always full? (Half water, half air.) Or when someone "lets the cat out of the bag," do you think it's because the person felt sorry for the cat stuck in the bag? There is a positive side to almost everythin...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.