Forums

Topic: How much do you actually use backwards compatability?

Posts 101 to 106 of 106

MAN1AC

I'm surprised how many of you arent playing Wii games on your WiiUs. I guess the Wii's library of games will continued to be underrated and overlooked by even Nintendo's strongest supports...

dumedum wrote:

jasonbra wrote:

NIntendo really seemed to only think of themselves when they designed the wiiu. Sony on the other hand listened to 3rd party devs and designed the ps4 much differently then the ps3. And look at how well its paying off for them.

Not very well. They're selling to the same core audience of theirs, it has the same third party games, with same graphics and same mechanics, it's flopping in Japan, there is nothing very surprising there. They played it safe. It's selling to the same Sony fanboys. Will not ever reach Wii numbers. It's not like they did something new or innovative here.

A console flopping in Japan isnt the end of the world. The only hardware from the big 3 that's doing decently over their is the 3DS and its a handheld market that's transitioning over to smartphone games. The Wii U, PS4, and Xbone can sell under 10 million lifetime in that region and be just fine.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

unrandomsam

MAN1AC wrote:

I'm surprised how many of you arent playing Wii games on your WiiUs. I guess the Wii's library of games will continued to be underrated and overlooked by even Nintendo's strongest supports...

dumedum wrote:

jasonbra wrote:

NIntendo really seemed to only think of themselves when they designed the wiiu. Sony on the other hand listened to 3rd party devs and designed the ps4 much differently then the ps3. And look at how well its paying off for them.

Not very well. They're selling to the same core audience of theirs, it has the same third party games, with same graphics and same mechanics, it's flopping in Japan, there is nothing very surprising there. They played it safe. It's selling to the same Sony fanboys. Will not ever reach Wii numbers. It's not like they did something new or innovative here.

A console flopping in Japan isnt the end of the world. The only hardware from the big 3 that's doing decently over their is the 3DS and its a handheld market that's transitioning over to smartphone games. The Wii U, PS4, and Xbone can sell under 10 million lifetime in that region and be just fine.

hey designed the PS4 to be cheap and nasty (But just a bit better than the Xbone).

If they had gone for more like a 7950 they could have had 1080p/60fps. (With the same poor optimization that such as Ubisoft loves to do).

Edited on by unrandomsam

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Cyberbotv2

Staying on topic here, I use the backwards compatibility about 50% of the time. I can never get enough of RE4.

Cyberbotv2

Link506

Shame on Microsoft and Sony for not having this... I mean, what would I do without Backwards compatibility?

Link506

3DS Friend Code: 2406-6473-7057

RobbEJay

dumedum wrote:

jasonbra wrote:

You could say the same thing about the Wii U. Whos it selling to? People know what to expect from Nintendo's console. It won't reach Wii numbers either at this rate. Home consoles in general aren't as popular in japan, where as things are different in other parts of the world, including the sales of all 3 consoles. Nintendo has been playing it safe too, like most of the industry has.

As for the topic, yea I use it. Between my Wii, 3DS, PS2, and PS3 I can play just about my entire library, not bad for 3 consoles and a handheld. I just wish Sony kept the memory card slots in newer PS3s, those adapters aren't cheap. I really like how the 3DS's play log also records DS games, not just its own software. Its a little feature but its neat to see and it keeps BC from feeling like its just there.

RobbEJay

kyuubikid213

Link506 wrote:

Shame on Microsoft and Sony for not having this... I mean, what would I do without Backwards compatibility?

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not.

Without backwards compatibility on the PS4 and One, you can almost certainly count on more HD Collections. I guess they'll be called HD 2.0 or Super HD collections, though.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.